Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  09:57:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, it's 23 here now, freezing drizzle....All Schools closed!
Streets/roads, etc. iced over...business as usual has come to a standstill here. Good day to stay inside with popcorn & hot chocolate!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  10:54:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
23' and schools closed?? Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy! Just kidding!! When I lived in Tampa we'd throw on winter coats when it reached 60'F.

Okay, glad to know that hair does not break off. My husbands idea of a joke I guess.

Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  2:37:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Winter in L.A......65% sunny and crisp, must wear a jacket...gotta love L.A. in the winter. Can't imagine what you guys go through. Stay warm.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  03:34:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
31 degrees and freezing rain-drizzle. Its a skating rink outside. There are wrecks everywhere. Most schools are closed. Some schools are on a two hour delay. Its our area's first really bad weather. This year.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3043 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  06:17:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The predicted ice storm arrived in Shreveport sometime last night as we slept. By morning it had pretty much melted. My wipers were frozen to the car with the last little bit of ice that had slid down the windshield. Can't tell you how happy I am that I have managed to sleep through the worst of the winter so far!

And when folk down here complain about the cold I shiver along with them (because I shiver anytime it is under 85 degrees), but I also send a prayer for my good fortune. There is definitely some ugly going on north of here!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  06:52:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
64 and cloudy
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62073 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:21:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Woke up to 2" of snow. It's real fluffy, I used a broom to clear the walkway. Wish I could do that all the time, it's easier.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  09:26:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
23' and schools closed?? Wimpy, wimpy, wimpy! Just kidding!!
Yeah, Lisa....We have to save up our 'toughness' for our horribly hot Summers!

It's not the 23 that gets us, it's the ICE...Police reported over 50 ice-related traffic accidents yesterday.

We had a layer of sleet added to the ice yesterday; so, schools are closed again today. Now, the sun is out, melting all the ice, and, we will be back to drought conditions soon. So, that may have been our Winter for this year!
Go to Top of Page

ShelliHoskins
Star Contributor

Indianapolis, IN
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  12:07:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's 23' here. It started snowing yesterday morning & we have 12.5 inches of snow on the ground. No work for me today. Most schools in the state are closed. But, this is light & it's only January!

Shelli ;)
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  1:51:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
70 and raining.
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  2:10:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
It started snowing yesterday morning & we have 12.5 inches of snow on the ground
Shelli...I am SO jealous! ....12.5 inches of snow
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  5:29:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope those in Kentucky are alright. I know at least part of Kentucky, the Louisville area esp, got hit pretty hard.

Here it just rained all day. Not sure what the temp was (never checked) but it wasn't too cold.
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  8:32:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It didn't get as bad as forecasted but there are a lot of people without power, even here in Frankfort (which is about 40 miles from Louisville). It's supposed to get really freezing tonight which might snap more trees and powerlines. Thus far so good for us (knock on wood). My crazy husband went to work this morning. It took him fifteen minutes to get out of the driveway rocking back and forth and inching his way out. He said it took him triple the time than usual to get to work and he spun out on the way there and landed in a snowbank. Great! He wasn't driving fast either, just very slippery. No damage and he got out easy but still. And for what? He was at work for maybe half an hour and the power went out. Back home he went. Took him another hour (normally it's less than fifteen minutes to drive). Lots of trees are down but they are working quickly to get everything off the street and powerlines. It's not as bad though as it was in 2003.

School has been canceled since Monday. At least the kids are safe. And we are stuck going nowhere anytime soon.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  10:59:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susanne, glad to hear from you and that you are doing alright.
Go to Top of Page

ShelliHoskins
Star Contributor

Indianapolis, IN
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  03:01:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Clare,
If I could send it to you, I would. All this snow is ok for a day or two, then I'm over it.

Stay safe everyone!

Shelli ;)
Go to Top of Page

Clare
Star Contributor

Texas
USA
1738 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2009 :  03:05:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
If I could send it to you, I would. All this snow is ok for a day or two, then I'm over it.

That's as long as it ever lasts down here, anyhow...so, guess that's why we don't get tired of it!
Go to Top of Page

DarleneH
Star Contributor

Cleveland, OH
USA
1322 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:13:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are having an unexpected snow storm. The dusting of snow has turned into lots! and it's 14 degrees.
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  07:21:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
28 here and supposed to be colder tonight.
Go to Top of Page

Servanne
Star Contributor

Silver Lake, MN
USA
2430 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  09:04:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They said on the news this morning that out of 46 days of winter, we've had 41 days below freezing, including 3 days after Christmas, which nobody noticed!
This past week-end was absolutely gorgeous, with temp in the low 40s. We're back into frigid weather, with 8 degrees right now and winds at 2 below zero. We've seen worse.
Good news is, it is supposed to be above freezing from tomorrow afternoon 'til next Tuesday! That's a whole 6 days!!! We won't reach the 40s, but who cares! At least some of the snow and ice will melt! LOL!

Servanne
Merrily shopping my way through the Twin Cities, Western Minnesota and beyond...
MSPA Gold Certified since April 2007!
Go to Top of Page

Irene_L.A.
Star Contributor

Valencia, California
USA
922 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  12:10:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
75 again, but rain coming in over the weekend...and I'm going to Vegas.

Irene Eichel
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums