Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  04:40:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We just had a few cold days. The weather otherwise has been wonderful. I don't feel like we had a winter. Mid-sixties this week coming. I know we could always get clobbered by a storm. We have to get through March.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  06:39:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No danger here of the birds starving because the insect population was devastated by the extreme cold! And so far this year looks like we may recover from the drought last year--but we do still have a ton of dead trees to deal with.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2012 :  12:52:19 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The nasty winter storm forecasted here has begun. Snow is coming down, but doesnt look to be sticking. Its the freezing rain yet to come that will be the biggest game changer. Depending on which weather station you listen to we could get as much as a quarter inch, or less of it. Wish March was the end of winter, but weve seen snow in late April too.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  3:17:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had showers this morning and this afternon the sun came out and it was breezy. Next Monday it may be 70. Usually this time of the year it is still snowing but not this year. It is now mud season.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2012 :  3:58:55 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here in Western WI. we have 72 degrees, sun ,and next to nothing for wind. Snow is all but gone, just a few piles from snow plows banked up left. What a beautiful day with more to come this week. Record temps to beat. I wont say Spring is here yet because weve seen many years weather like this lasts for a few weeks, then we get a good dumping of snow. We'll enjoy it for as long as it lasts. Kind of scary to think possibly 80 tomorrow!
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 03/20/2012 :  05:25:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its been truly lovely here. In the seventies. We had a nice thunderstorm come this am and it made everything have that spring fresh feel after the rain.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2012 :  6:10:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today was absolutely gorgeous--in the low 90's, sunshine, and a pleasant breeze.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2012 :  10:45:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's 80 but feels like 90. I just did a mystery shop at a BBQ restaurant and stuffed myself. That doesn't help.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2012 :  01:30:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are going to be around 70 today with mid 80's coming this week. We will get some T-Storms here and there too.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  02:40:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are enjoying the best of May weather. We have low humidity, bright blue skies and mid 70's

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 05/19/2012 :  5:41:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's cooled off a bit. The high for several days has been in the low 90's and the overnight low is around 70. This is my kind of weather!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2012 :  03:25:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are now hitting 90 each day, feels like 100. I think we are in for a very warm summer. But, in Houston, you never know. There is an old saying here, "If you don't like Houston's weather, just wait a minute."

It can change so drastically. But usually it just gets hotter.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2012 :  2:13:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After weeks of little to no rain, we have had rain daily for almost a week, with large amounts the last three nights. The temp remains around 90-95 during the day and it dips into the upper 70's overnight.

Last night we had a huge storm and a large limb has fallen in our back yard. We can't move it until the insurance company sends someone to take a gander, but it is covering my mother-in-law's car and our storage shed. It has also caused quite a bit of damage to the 8' tall fence, bowing it out into the alley and crumpling the top to splinters.

I'm so glad it didn't fall anywhere near the house and happened at a time of day that the animals were all indoors. And while it damaged a power pole and we were without electricity for about 14 hours (along with half our block), it seems to have caused no damage to the neighboring properties. It's going to be a pain to clean up, but it could have been so much worse.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/17/2012 :  1:23:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne, I am sorry to hear about your misfortune and glad that no one was hurt. It could have been much worse, indeed.

We also had a freak storm come up one day last week. There was no chance of rain according to the weatherman and then boom, a really heavy storm with 70 mph winds. We had no electricity for about 8 hours. There was one large limb that fell but did not hit anything.

I kept cool by taking a wet towel to bed with me and I kept wiping my face and arms. It actually kept me quite comfortable.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 06/18/2012 :  06:13:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same storm system. I noticed a lost of Asplundh vehicles out this morning picking up debris. Wish the State Farm adjuster had been able to come on Saturday so we could have begun cutting this up to set out. Maybe they will still be in our neighborhood when we finally get this cleaned up so we don't have to pay extra to get it carted away.

Anyone out there want to come over and pick up firewood? Let it cure for a while and this oak could be great in the fire place.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  04:23:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow Jnanne sorry to hear about the tree down. I hope the adjuster has you up and running soon.

Our Weather 99-101 degrees I guess folks will need a few of these >>

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  5:24:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do believe this is the longest day of the year...great day for work, gardening and BB'Q!! Sunny, breezy and F temps of 88.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2012 :  4:30:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been 100 today, and a shower sounds fabulous! Today is the first day of no rain (so far) in a week.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2012 :  06:45:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had showers last night and again today.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  3:38:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a whopping 106 degrees, feels like 112 according to the weatherman....actually feels like 120 or more. You almost pass out when you go outside.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums