Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  05:55:49 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its 745am and the temp is already 80 degrees. It rained during the night, so its going to be another hot steamy day with temp predicted in the high 90's by weatherman. That alone says we'll see over 100. As luck would have it, the AC in my car quit working yesterday, so Im not looking forward to going outside again today. Grocery shopping has been put onhold. The fridge is so empty, my son came to me earlier and handed me $300 cash, and told me to go buy groceries...lol.(Thats a FIRST!) Theres plenty of food in the freezer, but who feels like cooking in this weather? He must think Im broke. Not the case.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  12:41:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I watered all the plants outside today it looked and smelled like rain was coming. However, I've learned that it is common for the rain to come very close, but pass us by, so I kept watering. The weather report said slight chance of rain as I got a few drops on my windshield, but I never needed to turn on the wipers and by the time I got to work the car was dry and still dusty. Yesterday the thunder was incredible, but we only got a little dribble that evaporated almost as soon as it hit the ground.

Temps today in the upper 90's, I believe.

Judy--do you think your son would mind if you put the money twoard a/c repair in the car?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  2:29:53 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not to worry about the Ac in the car. He ordered a new filter for it. He is quite mechanically inclined and has done all the mechanical repairs Ive needed. Luckily, just routine maintenance stuff (brakes/shocks). He used the air compressor and cleaned out a good portion of dirt so I could get at least some cool air. I had FUN shopping on his quarter today!!
Go to Top of Page

Gretta
Star Contributor

Jacksonville, NC
USA
1562 Posts

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  5:45:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hot and humid, and we need rain. Over the weekend it was over 100, so it's not been quite that hot since it rained Sunday evening. More like mid to upper 90's.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  05:07:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a cooling rain last evening. It got down to the low 90's. No damage at our house (at least in the back yard--haven't looked in the front yet today), but there were lots of downed trees and large limbs as we were driving home from dinner. So many trees were weakened (or even killed) by last year's drought that it seems they are not standing up to the slightest storm.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  3:09:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I thought we were far enough north that the major effect of a hurricane would be the influx of people driving up from the coast. However, the weather forecast is for possible tornadoes, 6-10 inches of rain and strong, damaging winds with possible power outages and flooding. Schools are canceled until Tuesday. Right now the wind has picked up, but the sky is a gorgeous deep blue with a few little, fluffy clouds. Guess that's going to change soon.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  04:53:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jnanne I was in CT for a wedding and got Isaac up there on Tuesday and Wednesday. It rained over two-three inches in just a couple of hours. I heard the same storm headed back down to the Gulf on Wednesday night. Are you feeling the effects from any of the other storms out there.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Iron Chef Toni
Star Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
456 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  06:37:44 AM  Send Iron Chef Toni an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
North Texas is suppose to see it's last 100 plus degree day for the year today! Not Rain in sight but at least we are not going to bake.

Toni
Gold certified in N. Texas
Now doing Merchandising!
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  2:01:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have heard it will cool down in Houston, too. But I will believe it when I see it. I just roasted today.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 09/08/2012 :  08:03:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My husband's pick-up was stolen on Labor Day, so he has been driving my Montero (needs the room to pick up boxes from UPS). That leaves me with the 92 Volvo without A/C. Sitting in line to pick up my child after school has been a new experience that has not been enhanced by the electronic time/temp sign in the school yard! I certainly believe it has been around 104 degrees every day this past week.

I am hoping the prediction that it will cool off by 20 degrees on Sunday comes true. It seems a bit cooler this morning, but that may be wishful thinking.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2012 :  09:13:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
sunny and 20's
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 01/21/2013 :  4:21:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are supposed to have temps of -22 the next couple of nights. Brrrr.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  03:48:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After suffering through droughts the last two years, it is refreshing that we have to wait for the ground to dry out before we can start turning the dirt over in the new garden space at church. Right now it is sprinkling, but it is very warm. I was out with the dogs around 4am in a tank top without goose bumps on my arms!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  08:13:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's crazy weather here; below zero and mounds of snow for several days. Today and tomorrow in the 60's then back to the 20's by Friday.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2013 :  08:22:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LuciCCham

It's crazy weather here; below zero and mounds of snow for several days. Today and tomorrow in the 60's then back to the 20's by Friday.

You're having what we had. Today it's already at 62 with 1-3" of rain expected tonight then we go back down to 0 which will make it all an ice rink.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  12:11:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marie, I lived in Chicago for a short period. I know of what you speak.

Houston is just about as bad as far as weather changing but we don't have that extreme frostbite in 60 seconds that Chicago can have. We just have pass-out from the heat weather.

We are now having cool mornings and slightly warm afternoons. This will go on for a few months.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1645 Posts

Posted - 05/22/2013 :  06:13:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow..we have had severe t-storms. I went outside to watch last night, then ran in the house to shut off and unplug my HP.. It looked like we were going to have the super storm.. black clouds meeting with black clouds. All of a sudden the wind whipped up and we had a super storm for sure but no tornados. I love t-storms!!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2013 :  11:03:04 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
53 degrees, rainy, and too darn cool for June! For the month of May, we had 22 days of RAIN! May 1,we received 9" of snow! Last year we were in drought, this year we have weather that is not allowing the farmers to even get out and plant the fields. The garden is drowning. The plants once hardy, (I planted right after Mother's Day) are all yellow now, and I doubt they'll survive unless we get several days of sun and warm weather. Our weatherman said we are now out of drought with a surplus of +12".
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2013 :  11:06:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't heard an official report regarding drought in our area, but from the looks of it we'll have a good year. We've had rain and storms, but nothing drastic. Tree limbs fall all around town after each storm, not because the storms are so severe, but because the trees were damaged by two years of drought.

Living in the center of a big (well, bigger than many) city, I really don't have a handle on what is happening in the farmland, but flower and vegetable gardens are looking fantastic in town. The church is already giving away lots of yellow squash. I've had tomatoes from my garden on the table for at least a month, with peppers almost ready to pick.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  4:42:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lots of rotational winds all around Cleveland , Ohio. The main storms have not gotten here yet. I think we are in for a long stormy night.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums