Tornado warning in Cleveland..lightning show now
Go to Top of Page

LuciCCham
Star Contributor

Shaker Heights, Ohio
USA
372 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2013 :  8:39:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darlene I am in Cleveland (in Shaker Heights). I think we are in for a long night.

Luci
MSPA Gold Certified
Consumer Services Evaluator
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2013 :  1:36:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
96 degrees and gorgeous out--but heat index is 109. My tomatoes are not looking their best.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2013 :  2:26:20 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Too much sun and heat, have you tried placing a tent over your tomato plants using netting you can purchase at the fabric store? I bought several yards of the green, only because that's what Wal-Mart had on hand at the time, cut to the length I needed, and sewed the sides together. My son took a post and placed that in the middle of my garden, then we draped the netting across the top forming a tent. When it gets too hot here, I set it up to shade the plants. I have chicken wire surrounding the garden and fasten the netting to the top rim with "S" hooks. Works great.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  06:48:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'll look into that. Thanks. And my tomatoes thank you, too.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Linda Lowry
Trainee

Happy, Texas
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  4:53:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
112F in Lubbock Texas today.

Surely you jest!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2013 :  3:25:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
>>>frost warning tomorrow night.. it is a bit early this year.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2013 :  11:08:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like it is time to put up the chicken wire around and above. I prefer to think it is squirrels, but it could be other rodents. Something is picking the peppers, gnawing holes in them, and leaving the remainder in the middle of the yard each night. I finally figure out how to overcome the mocking birds pecking holes in the tomatoes, and now this.

I do believe Mother Nature is laughing at me, with the 100+ degree temps, the thunder and lightning without any raindrops, and the thick summer night air.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2013 :  10:58:48 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
90 degrees and humidity high yesterday. Today at this time it is a cool 68 degrees with a cold wind. Sweatshirt type of day!
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 09/17/2013 :  06:10:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We actually had rain over the weekend. And I can still see where the six drops marred the even coating of dust on top of the grill! That day the high was 89 and we thought we had a cool front and rain coming in. We were wrong. It has been back above 100 every day since, and those six drops of rain per two square foot area is all we've gotten in a long while.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2013 :  06:17:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
66'F and raining....but it's a nice warm rain, so I'm happy.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2013 :  09:16:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We've had a beautiful, gentle rain for about 12 hours. It could keep up this sprinkly drizzle all weekend and be wonderful for us. I hope it does. Anything stronger for that length of time would be too much, but the grass is already looking a bit green, again. Hope this helps the shrubs and trees, as well.

Temp seems more moderate than it has been. I guess it is only in the 90's today. Very nice out.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2013 :  03:18:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It rained all night and it is about 70 this morning. I hope it stays nice all day.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2013 :  07:29:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Weather here has been gorgeous!! Sunny and 60's to70's. The leaves are almost at peak now and fall foliage festivals galore!Gardens is still going.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  2:00:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another beautiful, rainy day. It started last night and kept up until about half an hour ago--very slow and steady most of the time. The grass is looking quite green, despite the fact it was very golden brown most of the summer.

Hope this is enough to save the trees. We've had so many fall in town that any time it is windy you can expect to find downed trees in the road.

And the temp is quite pleasant, too. Upper 80's I believe.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2013 :  4:16:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Our temperature in Houston is in the high 80s. The rain has caused the humidity to be 90% which is more unbearable than high heat. The rain should help the grass and plants but it did not get here soon enough to save a lot of lawns. The high heat has taken its toll. This September is one of the 10 warmest Septembers on record.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  06:58:46 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another dreary, cool, rainy day here. Locally, weve been getting on average an inch of rain per day, for the last two days that we desperately need. The farmers have seen either total loss of their crops, or diminished growth in the fields. I read in this mornings paper that Winona County which is southwest of here, along the beautiful Mississippi River bluffs received 6" of rain overnight which caused mudslides in the area that trapped some drivers and residents. At one time, I serviced many stores between Winona,Mn and Rochester, Mn and travelled the two lane highway between the two cities, and there on to go to other stores in Iowa which I serviced also. Of any area to drive, this was my favorite route as the scenery is absolutely beautiful, especially in the fall.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2013 :  08:51:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The weatherman has said we might have much cooler weather this weekend. Boy, I hope so!

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1085 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2013 :  03:57:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last night was very cool. I opened the bedroom windows to let in the fresh air and I slept like a baby. The room got cool, but I like it like that. I have a new goosedown comforter that kept me very comfortable when it really got cold. Before that, I just laid with no covers and a fan blowing on me. It is very cool this morning. I love the cold weather. I think I could go out and sleep on the grass on cool mornings.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/14/2013 :  11:21:58 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Temp got down to 34 but experienced freezing here at the house. Otherwise, it is gray, cold and temp is 54. The leaves are changing colors, especially the maples, theyre a bright red, just beautiful!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums