Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 12/20/2015 :  08:42:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have a small amount of snow on the ground but the rain will wash it away. We have had warmer than average temps with rain, but not wintery weather. If and when it gets colder, the rain will turn to sleet and ice.... not much fun driving in that.
Go to Top of Page

LuptonInVirginia
Contributor

Virginia
USA
97 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2015 :  09:59:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's around 75 and cloudy, with a chance of rain. Weird weather, not that I'm complaining as I'm saving money on heating.

Mark
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 12/24/2015 :  5:52:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been in the 80's the last few days. Supposed to dip into the 50's next week. Winter is coming?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2015 :  06:31:21 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here in WI we received about a half inch of snow along with freezing rain. Kurt and I were sitting at the table this Am shortly before daylight fully broke, when we saw Santa Claus walking down the frontage road close by the house carrying his bag of goodies. Hed walk several steps, stop, and look around as if looking for his sleigh and reindeer before proceeding down the road a bit further, and doing the same. He noticed me standing in front of the full windowed door, and waved as he went on his merry way.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 12/26/2015 :  1:01:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
guess the reindeer were taking a break!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/29/2015 :  06:51:09 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
22 degrees here with feel like temp of 12. We received 6-7" of the white fluffy stuff overnight. Luckily, we didnt receive the freezing rain that the southern part of the state got. Storm warnings are out again for today. We are now feeling winter.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2016 :  5:12:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It has been in the 50's the last few days. Last Friday I heard a native speculating that we'll get snow because it is so cold. I didn't even bother to explain freezing point is 32 degrees, etc. The prediction for overnight tonight is 29, though, so maybe he just meant there's a possibility of snow in the future, not during the 55 degree sunshine?

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2016 :  3:57:42 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I could ONLY wish we had temps in the 50's. It is very cold here with daytime temps in the teens,with overnights in the -zeros-14 with windchills anywhere from -18 to -25 locally. Were expecting two warm days-yah! and then back to the deep freeze for yet another week. I just dread having to go outside with the temps as they are and that biting windchill and wind cut right to ones core.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2016 :  6:04:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a snowstorm with the sun shining Sunday!! We have a winter weather advisory til tomorrow morning. We should get a couple inches of snow. It is coming down pretty good. Then more snow and maybe rain again. Oh joy, oh joy. As long as it doesn't get too warm again so we have ice to build the winter carnival ice palace in February. Theme this year for winter carnival is "Superheroes and Villains!!~ "
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2016 :  10:50:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Superheroes and Villains--right up my alley! If you were closer (and warmer) I'd look into setting up a booth.

It's in the 60s today. No snow in the forcast!

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2016 :  10:58:33 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This week is quite the opposite of last. The highs last week were in the low teens, and -20 degree nights. This week highs in the mid 20's and upper 30's. Enough to make the snow melt a few days. Mixed rain/snow mix warnings tonight with 1-2" snow. FUN! I have an appointment on the far end of town to have a port put in for the chemo. Anxious enough without further worry about driving cond. My normal bp is 110/58, but the anxiety drove it up to 177/77, but then dropped back to normal after the biopsy of the my lung.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2016 :  1:27:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was sunny here this weekend but today very damp and cloudy. We are supposed to get more rain. Oh yay. The water is almost up to the road now.

Judy K., I am glad to see you post. I hope all goes well for you. I think about you all of the time wondering if you are all right.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2016 :  08:54:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sun is out and it is getting warmer. Everything is melting and will turn to ice again. Winter carnival ice castle is being built from huge blocks of ice, but when it rains next week it will melt it. We are supposed to get rain with high winds of more than 22 mph Wed. I can hardly wait.....
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2016 :  07:30:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is raining and has been for a while. They stopped working on the ice castle and actually covered what they had accomplished with huge tarps. Never saw that before. So much for the stinking rain.
~ I will be able to drive into one of my favorite campsites this weekend and have a fire. I couldn't get in before cuz there was snow and ice.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  2:19:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
wind chill is -17...feels more like 39 below.
Go to Top of Page

JuanitaJ
Star Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
1082 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2016 :  6:12:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In Houston we are almost back to summer. Supposed to be 80 degrees tomorrow. We are expecting high 70s for the next ten days.

Juanita
MSPA Gold Certified
Happily shopping the Houston, TX area.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2016 :  06:25:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
9:24 AM wind chill temp - 32.....yes that is 32 degrees below zero. It is a bit chilly.
Go to Top of Page

Ang Harris
Valued Contributor

Maryland
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  08:14:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
16 degrees wind chill feels like 2
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1642 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  12:36:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well ....this weather just stinks! This morning it was freezing rain and now it is pouring!! Most of the snow is gone. Then it will turn back to snow.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3045 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2016 :  4:46:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In the 80's today--I was using the a/c in the car most of the day, since about 9am.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums