Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/07/2016 :  06:46:41 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Its been rainy, overcast, gloomy, and cold the past several days. Temps say one thing, but feel like temp is quite the other. Right now its 36 degrees feels like 28. Thats what weve been contending with, and expected for the next several days yet.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 04/09/2016 :  1:08:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The sun came to visit but it is chilly...33.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2016 :  4:42:15 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
FINALLY! The sun has shown its face today after a long period of dark, gloomy days with rain, and cold weather. 57 degrees today, but feel like temp 47. This week is supposed to be in the upper 50's and 60's about time we get to go outside and enjoy some decent weather.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2016 :  2:43:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
71 and sunny!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2016 :  06:07:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We got about an inch of snow yesterday and last night. Everything is covered.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 05/23/2016 :  2:15:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow--I did an outdoor show on Saturday and was so grateful for the shade, as it got around 100 degrees. Beautiful sunshine most days right now, with scattered showers that really don't contribute much moisture.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  10:38:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is very hot and windy. It is 83. That is extremely warm for this time of year in this neck of the woods!!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2016 :  1:32:54 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had a couple of days of that warm 80 degree weather Monday and Tuesday. Its now being followed up by rain. I was at chemo Wednesday and just as I was leaving the sky fell, white sheets of rain and high winds prevented us leaving the building to get to our cars. Twenty minutes later and 1 1/2" rain! The roads were even flooded. I got home just in time to catch this again. Raining today, and supposedly for the weekend too.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  08:26:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is cool and has been in the 50's and 60's during the day. Yesterday it was raining on and off. I went to a campsite and had a huge fire in the rain!!
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2016 :  12:41:04 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are starting a week of warm weather in the high 80's and low 90's.Its 80 today, and is now clouding up for an evening shower overnight. Tomorrow were due high humidity, of course. Hate having that AC on!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2016 :  07:48:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have had t-storms yesterday and today.... maybe tomorrow too.... next week some sun!!
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 07/09/2016 :  5:25:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Been around 100 for a while now. Absolutely gorgeous out. The air is sultry, the flowers are blooming on the ground and in the trees. Wildlife abounds (although I could live with fewer June bugs beating on the windows).

And the state birds are doing fine--the pelicans and the mosquitoes. Not certain which are bigger this year. I may have seen a mosquito carrying the neighbor's schnauzer away the other day.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2016 :  2:13:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
75 and sunny/cloudy. There is a nice breeze.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2016 :  07:20:51 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Were in for some nasty hot, humid temps the next few days. Temp today 89 with feel like of 104, tomorrow 95 temp with feel like of 110. No going outside for this old gal.
UPDATE: Now experiencing excruciating pain in my legs and unable to walk without a walker. Doctor prescribed a medication that now makes using it nearly impossible to walk,as I need help to get up to stand. I get very light headed, and jittery. Ive fallen once (thank god the basement door was shut!) and also spilt a whole big glass of water all over the place. Time to do something!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2016 :  05:45:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Today will be sunny and 80's. Tomorrow maybe t-storms. Good weather for gardens and campfires!! It rained Friday night when I had a campfire. I had the fire going .... then boom, boom. It rained for 2 hours. I put my stuff under some maple trees. I had a huge green umbrella overhead.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  11:35:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went to check the weather & saw Louisiana is flooding north of New Orleans.. Oh no!!! It is just very hot and very humid right now. The gardens are loving this .....

Jnanne, that is not where you are ...right?! I hope you and your family are ok Jnanne!!
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 08/12/2016 :  3:49:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No flooding here in recent weeks. Shreveport is pretty close to the northwest corner of the state. We are pretty darn near Texas and Arkansas, definitely part of the ARK-LA-TEX.

Lots of sunshine, heat, humidity. Lots of thunder, but that doesn't always mean rain. Sometimes it seems the thunder is just here to frighten the dogs into cowering at my feet and looking at me like they believe I could make it stop if I would only try and they can't believe I am not putting forth the effort.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2016 :  11:11:34 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just thinking about your predicament down there,and am very happy you posted that your family is okay, and well away from dangerous weather. You have become family to us, and we worry about you, so keep us posted.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1670 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2016 :  12:39:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Rain here and I am watching weather.com about the flooding in LA over the levees. Hmmmm, really? Why haven't they done anything about it??!!*** It has been like that for a very long time. It makes me so mad. I used to live in Morgan City .... my husband at the time worked on a "flood wall" to supposedly stop the flooding from the Mississippi River. It was run by the Army Corps go Engineers. They said it wouldn't work so why did they do that too?
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  05:43:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The rain finally arrived and we got a lot, but nowhere near flooding stage in our area. Temps are nice and hot--very sultry and Louisiana-ish. Relief efforts are underway to help those affected. We are getting pretty good at that.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums