Previous Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  08:27:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It stopped raining after almost 3 days. YAY.. sun is out now.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2016 :  10:22:16 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Weve been getting really strange storms up here. They last a short time but dump anywhere from .75 to 1.50 inches at a time, then move out of the area fast, leaving cloudy a sky behind. I dont remember ever getting storms like this. Im just happy you and Jnanne are safe in your areas.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2016 :  09:45:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The temp dropped down to 43 last night. It is sunny and 70's today and will be for the next few days. The peppers and tomatoes are loving this weather.... me too!!
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3049 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2016 :  11:12:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been hot as the dickens here and the mosquitoes are prolific. Temps still hover just under 100 during the day and drop to the upper 70s overnight. Rain keeps everything green as can be, with the lawn care businesses keeping busy.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/15/2016 :  1:16:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have a frost wanting for tonight. WOW... Jnanne, want some cooler weather? I can send some.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3049 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  07:25:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope--I'm not complaining about the heat--whining about the mosquitoes, though! I love the heat. This is so much better than the cold of the northern winters, which I would happily do without for the rest of my life. Snow is pretty in photos. Snow is not so pretty up close and personal.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2016 :  08:24:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We had no frost and not even close. I did cover my plants just in case. It was 47..... not 20 or 30 degrees. Geesh. Sun is out today. YAY!! Back to 70's.

Full harvest moon tonight.... if you can see it.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2016 :  3:25:17 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here in my area many suffered from flood damages that missed us. Locally, we had steady rain accumulating 14". In the rain meter outside it showed it full at 7" and topped at the rim another several inches. The weather has been a lot cooler and feels more like fall in the high 60's to low 70's.
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2016 :  06:37:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We are having gorgeous weather!! Cool nights and 60's and 70's in daytime. Sun is out and it has been very comfortable!! I covered the plants last night and night before due to frost warning. One night it was 27 ... last night it was 34. Plants are fine and everything is ripening!! YAY!! Great weather for harvest time.....
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2016 :  1:29:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is snowing. It is very pretty cuz a lot of the leaves are still on the trees. The tag alders and white birches just changed and the leaves are yellow and yellow/orange. So along with the reds and other colors ..... the snow is gorgeous!!
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  3:44:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sunday was gorgeous...sunny and 70's, breezy. Today it rained.
I am sorry to see the news about hurricane Irma...especially after what Harvey brought!! It does not look good. Anyone in Florida or Gulf coast area?
Go to Top of Page

Julie_WA_Writer
Star Contributor

Western, Washington
USA
1883 Posts

Posted - 09/05/2017 :  6:52:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read your message -- from 2016. It's snowing?? lol. Needed to check the date first.

We have an orange sky today due to the wildfires in Montana. Supposed to get a thunderstorm tomorrow. That would be nice; one day of rain in the last 70 days here.

“Great empires are not maintained by timidity.” Tacitus
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1689 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2017 :  06:29:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We've had an amazing 2 weeks. It's been sunny and very warm...80's and 90's. Today it should be over 90 and sunny again....
then Thursday back to 60's and 30's at night. We have to enjoy it while we can!!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums