Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 52

ToriFL
Contributor

Eustis, FL
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2005 :  4:37:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brenda...if I could give you some of our rain I would. It has rained everyday for over 30days. It doesn't cool it off though...it just stays muggy and hot. It has gotten so bad that I have to douse my child in deet just to go out the front door because of the mosquitos. And they say no relief in sight. But I keep hoping.
The funny part is that even with all the rain, we are still in a drought.

Tori
MSPA Silver Cert.xeydyg
Go to Top of Page

MechelleNga
Valued Contributor

GA
USA
199 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  09:59:53 AM  Visit MechelleNga's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We actually are in the 70's today. I'm sure, we just got a bit of Hurricane Cynthia (Cindy). It feels good for now; just hope the sun doesn't come back out; it will get humid again.

I appreciate the rain water; I went on a planting spree, so my flowers surely need it.

Mechelle
Go to Top of Page

ElizabethS

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  8:58:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
84 and humid. I need to find another place to live! lol
Go to Top of Page

LindaCulp
Star Contributor

Portland, Oregon
USA
2339 Posts

Posted - 07/06/2005 :  9:47:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been in the mid-70's in the mornings, and up to the highest 90's in the hottest part of the day.

Tonight at 9:00 p.m., my car told me it was 93 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

When I glanced over at the mountains surrounding Park City, I saw they still have snow on the top.

Happily shopping the Portland, Oregon metro area!
~MSPA *Gold* Certified, 2003~
Go to Top of Page

Darlene
Contributor

Austin, TX
USA
60 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  08:54:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ick! Yesterday was 104. But a cool front is headed our way, which is supposed to bring us down to 102 today.
Go to Top of Page

Mimi
Star Contributor

USA
1691 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  10:09:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The weather is like what I would envision HELL to be like!!!

Please God...send SNOW!!!

Mimi
Go to Top of Page

Christo
Star Contributor

Naples, FL
USA
257 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  11:25:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Low 90's today and very humid. Expecting Hurricane Dennis to start affecting us tomorrow. Right now, it looks like Dennis is taking a similar track as did Charley.
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 07/07/2005 :  11:25:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Mimi maybe Linda can scoop some snow off the mountains in Utah and send it to ya. You poor folks. 100 degrees + is way too hot for me yuck. We are at a cool I think 89 I don't know for sure.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

Christy_LC
Star Contributor

Lake, Illinois
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2005 :  10:44:54 PM  Visit Christy_LC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been in the 90's and supposed to be 100+ this weekend. When I drove downtown yesterday I felt like my skin was on fire.

Christy
The shopper formerly known as ChrisLC
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  03:32:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been 95-100 all week. Enough already. Also humid which is unusual for us here. Yuk!

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

Presley
Valued Contributor

Dallas, Texas
USA
121 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  5:43:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hellish! We are in for our regular 100 degree days coming soon. I am not complaining though because we always remember back to the summer when it was 113 and air conditioners went out all over the city. I do envy those of you who have days below 90.

Presley, KH
Gold Certified
Shopping Dallas/Ft. Worth & Surrounding Areas
Go to Top of Page

Brenda
Star Contributor

MO
USA
543 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2005 :  10:56:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It has been in the upper 90s to low 100s all week with heat indeces (sp?) in the 110 range. The humidity is horrible. I can't ever remember it being this miserable. It is supposed to come down to the lower 90's by the middle of next week. While we are used to much humidity in this area, the high temperatures are hard to handle. I dread this month's electric bill already.
Go to Top of Page

Christy_LC
Star Contributor

Lake, Illinois
USA
370 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  5:37:52 PM  Visit Christy_LC's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
We hit some kind of record today. The temp is over 100 and the heat index is 114. Extremely unusual for this area.

Christy
The shopper formerly known as ChrisLC
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page

CorrineW
Star Contributor

WA
USA
285 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  6:50:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's been mid 70s, low 80s this week. Nice breeze right now, cools off in the evening. Don't let anyone fool you about all the rain. The weather is truly perfect.

Corrine
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie in Burbank
Star Contributor

Burbank, CA
USA
5940 Posts

Posted - 07/24/2005 :  7:15:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK Corrine, I'm packing my bag!
I'll check and see if I can book my flight on Southwest.

Come on everyone, let's go have a conference at her house!
I'm sure she wouldn't mind a couple of hundred week-long visitors.

See, we should have all MSPA Conferences in Washington state, San Francisco , San Diego, Oregon, or Vancouver!
Let's have a vote.

The reason we are having such humid and extreme weather is the effects of Emily. Very unusual for us in Ca. to have our weather influenced by a Caribbean hurricane.
Yesterday was worse. Terrible hail-storms, torrential rains with localized flooding and even a tornado in Hemet. It was just plain hot and muggy where I live but just 30 miles away and.....

Bonnie
Go to Top of Page

CarolynNC
Star Contributor

Landis, NC
USA
1204 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  3:48:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It topped out at 106 F here today! It was horrible. I put my thermometer in the direct sun and it hit 120 F+ !!! I kept takeing Lexis (my baby/dog) ice and ice water outside. We put her in the shop with air, but it is slow to cool, so I started early with the ice. Several times I looked and saw the crazy dog laying in the sun! So it must have cooled better than I thought. I hope everyone faired well today. It was a scorcher!

I'm not asleep....I'm checking for light leaks! :)
Go to Top of Page

Sandra Wright
Star Contributor

Arlington, VA
USA
2087 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  4:20:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have the three HHH's Hazy Hot and Humid. 96 today. I will not complain cause summer is going so fast. I love to swim. Tonight we are headed to a large cold front coming in with severe storms which means the T word sometimes. It will be 72-78 tomorrow ahhh.

Sandy C
Go to Top of Page

MarionR
Star Contributor

Delaware County, PA
USA
345 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  7:51:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was really hot here today. Just about to kick 100 in the butt. With the humidity it did kick 100 in the butt. Expect the same tomorrow. The 3 HHH's.

Marion
Gold Certified July 2005
Go to Top of Page

EliseWeav
Star Contributor

Boston, MA
USA
528 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2005 :  9:14:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same here today HHH 94 at last check! Looks like many of us are in the same boat (or soup!).

Elise
Boston area, especially North Shore. Silver certified and shopping since 2004.
Go to Top of Page

LisaBGoesShopping
Star Contributor

PA
USA
3092 Posts

Posted - 07/27/2005 :  4:10:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It was hot and humid all day. But I went outside at 6:00 p.m., and the wind almost blew me away (and I'm no featherweight). The sky looked like the mother of all storms would be hitting, but it hasn't yet. There were a few light sprinkles and just now a touc of thunder.

I am hoping for one heat-breaking storm.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 52 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.39 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums