Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly

Author  Topic Next Topic  

Tiffany Yeager

Albany, NY
USA
27 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  1:49:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did a screener for E-Poll and now they want me to get a CD-Rom and watch a video.

We will be inviting E-Poll panel members to a special video evaluation study. We will be asking respondents to watch a short video and complete a questionnaire soon after. A CD-ROM disk containing the video would be mailed sometime around the Memorial Day week-end, with participation open through June 1. Would you be available and interested in participating in a study that would require you to watch a video and take a short survey at your convenience?

I worry this will crash my sad little old PC. They do not list the specs needed to run it, so I declined. Has anyone ever done one?

Click here to visit Epoll and sign up.

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  8:29:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I done one for them about a year ago.It was for a tv series.It was cool to do because it was different than the same ole boring surveys I usually do.Nothing happened to my computer as far as crashing or whatever but I guess I can't really say what would happen to somebody else.My computer is "old" too,though I don't think so.lol It's a 97 with Win95 and it handled everything ok.I just uninstalled the disk when I was done.I probably still have it somewhere. Anyway,I'm sorry I wasn't any help.Hopefully you'll get another survey soon!
Go to Top of Page

Emma
Valued Contributor

Houston, TX
USA
196 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2003 :  9:40:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done one for them. I have an older machine. I have a 366 mhz machine that runs windows 98. It did not crash my system.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2003 :  12:16:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just did one of these. The only problem I had is that at first it told me the survey was closed. I e-mailed support and they gave me a different URL which got me into the survey.

A few questions - 15 minute clip of a new TV show - a few more questions. Very easy. Figure about 20 minutes for the whole process.
Go to Top of Page

LanaPayneNC

Graham, NC
USA
12 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  6:16:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently done one for them. It was an interesting survey about a tv show that I actually watch so for me it was entertaining. The survey part was real easy and not too long. It didnt mess with my computer either but I have recently new system so it didnt lockup or nothing.

Lana Payne
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Tim_WidowsMites
Administrator

Corvallis, OR
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  3:28:55 PM  Visit Tim_WidowsMites's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
In general, EPOLL has been one of the better ones. Opportunties has been fewer lately but they have always kept accurate statistics. Cashing out in the past has been okay but I haven't cashed out in a while as I'm saving for a $30 GC.

Tim
Go to Top of Page

Jessica Hanson

MN
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  6:42:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also received a CD just awhile ago from them. It did not cause any problems on my computer...and my computer certainly isn't top of the line! The CD was enjoyable to watch, and I would happily watch another in the future.
Go to Top of Page

KimH15840

Falls Creek, PA
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2004 :  8:00:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
i also got the disk in the mail last week and i didn't have any problems with it either. Took longer than i expected though. Had to watch two 20 minute tv series and answer questions about both of them. Really simple and a lot of fun.

Kim
Go to Top of Page

Denise62702
Contributor

Springfield, Illinois
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  06:26:29 AM  Visit Denise62702's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started doing surveys for e-poll. Do they pay you cash for doing the CD Rom survey or Cash? How much Cash and or points did you get?

Denise
Go to Top of Page

DKelley77
Contributor

Poplar Bluff, MO
USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2004 :  09:23:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recieved a CD in the mail a few days ago and it worked fine on my dino computer. It was a bit long but the shows seemed interesting. Now I am looking forward to seeing them on t.v.!

Deanna
Proudly serving South East Missouri!
Go to Top of Page

OwensJem
Contributor

Woolwich Twp, NJ
USA
75 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2004 :  05:58:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone else had a problem receiving e-poll rewards. I ordered a small gift card on June 4th and still have not received it. I contacted customer service 3 weeks ago and they said that these rewards take time.

Do they pay eventually?
Go to Top of Page

TaneshaMorgan
Trainee

LA
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2005 :  1:31:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I order my reward from Epoll over 2 years ago and never received it. I emailed customer service and they told me that they were having a backlog. I still have not received my reward. I have stopped doing surveys for them.

Tanesha
Go to Top of Page

Elaine87
Valued Contributor

WI
USA
219 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  6:54:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I ordered a gc from them a month or 2 ago and received it last week so hopefully you will receive yours too Morgan. I can't believe that they have been keeping you waiting that long!!
Go to Top of Page

Wendy G
Star Contributor

Park Ridge, IL
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:33:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also ordered a $20 card and didn't receive. I'm thinking that epoll is a rip off now. There is no way for them to check that they have sent it, only that your points were deducted?!? I can't even find a customer service contact number on the site.....

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

ShawnHag
Contributor

USA
99 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2007 :  11:44:31 PM  Send ShawnHag an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have always gotten my rewards from EPoll. EPoll does MAIL the amazon.com codes......is your MAILING address current?

Shawn
Go to Top of Page

Wendy G
Star Contributor

Park Ridge, IL
USA
284 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  11:10:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I have a current address. I just checked my account just now and said my Amazon gift card mailed out today... Serendipity!

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

JeremyR
Contributor

Hagerstown, MD
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  12:48:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just cashed in a bunch of points from epoll for amazon gift certificates approximately two weeks ago. Two 30 dollar ones all together, I hope they dont give me problems because I have been saving up these points for a long time. Incidentally I cashed in $75 dollars in amazon from thankyounetwork.com for my credit card usage, I recieved it in less than a week. I also like mypoints because it pretty much pops up on your computer screen instantly. Just wondering why some companies take so long and some do it really quickly.

jeremy r ridge
Go to Top of Page
   Topic Next Topic  
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.19 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums