Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Douglas05
Contributor

Shelby, NC
USA
77 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2005 :  10:01:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do some shops in upstate SC. and would enjoy networking with other shoppers in the area. Feel free to e mail me.

Doug

Silver certified...Shopping NC. Charlotte Metro and Upstate SC.
Go to Top of Page

Lainie1981
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2005 :  10:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I see a lot of shops for Myrtle Beach. Will be moving this weekend.

My parents live there now and they said bike week was like hell week.

Lainie
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

ShowAngie
Valued Contributor

Greer, SC
USA
164 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2005 :  1:35:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have shopped the upstate of SC for 9 years (Mostly just Greenville and Spartanburg). Love it for my "mad money". My hubby loves the free dinners too...
Seems to be more competition around here in the past 3 or 4 years, but I still get my share!
Go to Top of Page

Melissa Green
Valued Contributor

North Charleston, SC
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2005 :  11:11:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey All is SC!
I was noticing that Texas has A LOT of high paying Focus Groups and Studys. Does anyone know of one in our state?
I know of one is Columbia but they only do the Columbia area.
Thanks!

Melissa Green
MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping all of South Carolina
Go to Top of Page

Lainie1981
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 10/16/2005 :  7:26:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I've said above, I just moved to Myrtle Beach in June. I didn't do any MSing until August. I don't get as much work down here as I did up North? Is it generally slower during the winter months and pick up for summer like everything else?

Lainie
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia6
Apprentice

Woodruff, SC
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2005 :  06:50:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been mystery shopping for three months now. Greenvile, Spartanburg SC area. How do go about signing up for teh Gold certif. in Columbia? Does anyone know. Please help!!!! I need all the help I can get. Organizing is one big Question also??Cynthia6
cindyndarr@aol.com

cynthia bailey
Go to Top of Page

TaraW
Valued Contributor

Irmo, SC
USA
131 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2006 :  6:39:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all.. I am new to this... Been doing mystery shopping for about 2 months!!!! Hope to get to meet some of you soon.. It would be nice to know who my competition is!!! hehe. Just kidding.

Tara
Go to Top of Page

TriciaG

Columbia, SC
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2006 :  07:12:35 AM  Visit TriciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,Tara I am from Lexington so I guess I would be your competition. LOL I am also new at shopping as well. I have been doing it 3 months. There has to be some big time shoppers in the area though as the good jobs go quick. I have been trying to get a couple of shops for 2 different places and they are always grabbed up quickly.
If you ever wanna chat I would love to make a new friend.

Tricia
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Williesha
Apprentice

Columbia, SC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  1:54:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very very new here. Looking to network.
Go to Top of Page

Lainie1981
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
58 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2006 :  10:10:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow SC shoppers. I had a few posts above & have been doing a little mystery shopping down here. I'm not getting as much work as I did in Mass. Just left my full time job about 2 months ago so I could go back to teaching dance and figured I'd pick up some more shops... so whoever "y'all" are taking all the shops... I demand you to stop

Lainie
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

DeniseSC
Contributor

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 11/17/2006 :  7:26:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Laine

I am your competition! Actually I have been shopping in Myrtle Beach for over 12 years so you invaded my territory! :) As I am sure that you have found out, this area is highly competitive. There are so many retirees and unemployed people here that even the poorest paying shops get grabbed quickly. I have cut back on my shopping quite a bit due to the lowered fees. Frankly I don't have time to stalk the computer to get get a $10 shop. I still work with a handful of schedulers and average about 15 shops per week- but I used to do 30-35. I can of course still be persuaded to do a good restaurant shop, even at the last minute!
Go to Top of Page

LainieShop
Contributor

Myrtle Beach, SC
USA
68 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2006 :  9:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Denise,

That is what I figured. Retirees and such. But, there are more businesses in this area that where I'm from so I figured it might even out. I've expanded to where I will shop to Conway, Surfide, to Inlet and it seems I'm getting more shops out of Myrtle Beach than in which isn't much of a problem since I teach dance in Inlet and I am there anyway once a week and my birthmother and her husband just moved to Conway so I stop by if I have a shop there. I'm hoping that now that I am persuing it full time schedulers will get to know me better know that I am reliable, and know that I am now available for last minute shops. I bet around this area there are a lot of people who sign up and "flake" at the last minute. Seems as though I am the only one in this area who will take the shop that has "adult items" in it - plus it requires you be under 40. I wonder when they will start to suspect I am the shopper!

OH! And you better not be the shopper that shopped me last year! Only one question was answered no. It was that I was not wearing a nametag - but always did..... Cost me $50!!!! I suspect that our "nametags" didn't have our names on it... it is just a store badge and shopper may have been mislead.

Silver Certified 76vx3b
Shopping Myrtle Beach, SC! Schedulers feel free to e-mail me with any last minute jobs. I have no life :)
Go to Top of Page

Cheri_P

NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  10:54:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also 'competition' (I'm sorry ).

We frequently camp in Myrtle Beach so I tend to take jobs there as well as at home in coastal NC. Also, my retired father is spending 3/4 of the year in Myrtle Beach and doing them as well.

Lots of competition in Myrtle Beach. So many retirees!

Cheri
Go to Top of Page

DeniseSC
Contributor

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2007 :  12:30:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lots of retirees is right! Bonused shops are few and far between as the cheapie shops are picked up by the retirees and others desparate for a buck in this low paying tourist economy. I have paired down my shopping quite a bit... used to do 30-50 shops per week and now only do 10-15 shops per week. I am much more selective as to the shops I will do as well. It seems that the less desirable ones are always available. It is worse in the summer as there are a lot of teachers that mystery shop during the summer months in this area.
Go to Top of Page

TenekaPerry
Apprentice

Lexington, SC
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/07/2007 :  4:09:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A new SC shopper from Lexington. Have been shopping for about 2 months. Having a great time so far, (and enjoying the dinners). Nice to network with some of you.

Teneka
Go to Top of Page

SJAmos
Contributor

Columbia, SC
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  7:28:25 PM  Send SJAmos an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The last post to this thread was in August, 2007. Are any of you still here?

Sallie
Silver Certified in SC
Go to Top of Page

DeniseSC
Contributor

USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2008 :  8:06:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm still here! Still doing a few shops every week but with gas prices and competition am not accepting nearly as many shops as I used to.
Go to Top of Page

SJAmos
Contributor

Columbia, SC
USA
96 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2008 :  7:17:32 PM  Send SJAmos an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
And, Denise, with the traffic in your area, I'll bet it's tough. We're over your way for a couple of weeks every year, and the traffic really limits what we do.

Sallie
Silver Certified in SC
Go to Top of Page

Libby
Trainee

South Carolina
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  8:12:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Fellow Shoppers,

I've shopped in the Pee Dee area in South Carolina. That's the Florence - Dillon area. Are there any shoppers around the Pee Dee? I'm new to the forum and hope I've got everything in the right place.
Go to Top of Page

Bernie M
Trainee

Gaffney, SC
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 01/20/2009 :  10:42:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi new to the forums, shopping in upstate SC. Anybody else?

Bernie Mathlage
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums