Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2007 :  07:46:05 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I did tobacco compliance shops for two years with my daughter and her best friend before they both turned 18. I loved doing them and always got paid by NIM.

I still do mystery shops for them. At the end of the month I always leave a voice mail for my scheduler to verify the amount of shops and payment for that month so there are no questions.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2008 :  12:30:50 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

I have an update for those who care

Bill Buchanan is no longer with NIM and CTC is now scheduling what he was doing. This was bad news for me because Bill gave me a lot of regular work and I only got a fraction of that with the new folks. I understand that they have a lot of shoppers.

I had scheduled other shops along my route and ended up losing money the first two weeks of the month.

I just hope I can get back my old route.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2008 :  06:43:37 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

Bonnie Pooley is the only scheduler I know that is still there. My daughter did some 18 and over tobacco shops for one client with her.
The phone number is 239-275-9979 and you can listen for her ext.

To register with Coast to Coast, go to www.ctcss.com . I hope this helps.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Joyce1947
Valued Contributor

Bourne, MA
USA
221 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  06:55:19 AM  Send Joyce1947 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anything new to this company? I got several emails from New Image Marketing yesterday. I applied, spoke to the scheduler and was in the process of reworking my schedule last night to accomodate her. Today, I speak with her and find out all the shops are filled!

What can you tell me about this company????

TIA,

Joyce
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2008 :  08:44:20 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jobs are easy, pay is fair and on time. Jobs go quick.

PamInCa
Author of: "The Essential Guide to Mystery Shopping"
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  05:30:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So what is the nature of these shops and approximately how long do they take? I got emails for a scheduler with NO info at all, just locations. All she said was several hundred $$ to do 15 locations and she sent me the locations but no details at all...I asked 5 or 6 times now.
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  6:45:57 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Folks,

Could someone enlighten me on who this scheduler for New Image Marketing is?

As I said back in Jan, CTC was scheduling the gas station shops that I loved doing. In March I was told by CTC that a "big" change was going on and to stay posted. I never heard from CTC or NIM again.
Well.. except from Katy when I needed a correction on a pay issue from my last batch of shops I did for them.

I honestly thought they lost the client and were just doing tobacco shops. I am disapointed that this scheduler never contacted me about any shops they had. Thanks!

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

MCBarb
Star Contributor

USA
1712 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  7:45:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh that is what they do!! I asked the scheduer Katy several times but she just gave locations. I had no idea what she was talking about as she did not say anything about the shop details at all.
Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Igor

Wheeling, IL
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2008 :  7:54:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I believe they did loose the client. The gas station shops are now shopped by a different MS company.

Igor
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2008 :  3:46:08 PM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings again,

I will say that those of you that shop for NIM should keep good records and emails bacause they can be a little disorganized. They used to do everything manually.

I know Katy because of the payroll issues that came up sometimes.
Is she the one who is scheduling now?

I was trying to say in a previous post that I thought they had lost all of their clients here in MA because they let all of their schedulers go and I haven't been contacted by them in months even though I was a dependable shopper for almost three years.

I did the gas station mystery shops. My daugther did the tobacco compliance shops for one client until she turned 18. She then did some for two other clients in which they were still suppsed to check IDs for anyone who looked younger than 21 years of age.

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

.CrystalMcalpine
Inactive

Key West, FL
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2009 :  3:40:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would NEVER shop for them again! I am owed $150.58 from them. I did several tobacco compliance shops for them. I tried for a long time to collect payment from them with no response. I have finally gotten a response and told they don't know where to start on finding out why I didn't get paid or how to pay me. So shoppers BEWARE!

Crystal- Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

GNovello
Valued Contributor

Framingham, MA
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 12/14/2009 :  09:48:59 AM  Send GNovello an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

CM, sorry you learned the hard way about their record keeping. Do you remember the scheduler that set up the shops?

You will need to pester them, and the person that does payroll.
You need to give them the dates and the locations of the shops.

You can send them a registered letter with the dates that the shops were done. Good Luck!

Regards,
Guy Novello
Gold Certified
Full Time Shopper
Go to Top of Page

RachelEE
Trainee

Wynnewood, PA
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2010 :  2:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback about this company? Are they paying within a reasonable amount of time without needing to be contacted numerous times? I've accepted a couple shops with them, but if it's going to be a hassle to get paid I'm going to cancel them. I just got through dragging payment out of Goodwin, and I'm not going to go through that again if I can help it. If I hold up my end of the contract and complete my shops on time and according to the instructions, I expect the company to hold up their end of the agreement and pay me when they say they will without me having to keep asking where my payment is.
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2010 :  05:49:32 AM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed a round of jobs for them in February. The jobs were easy, straightforward and the reports simple. I received payment yesterday.

I had noticed the payment issues and I was concerned until I saw that Coast to Coast Scheduling(CTCSS)was working with this company. Although (CTCSS)is a scheduling company and is not the one who pays us, I knew from my experiences with them that their schedulers will help you if you need it.

Payment was only a few days late before I asked my scheduler and I was told payment would be received by Saturday at the latest as they were already on top of it. I will continue to take jobs from them as long as I know Coast to Coast is involved.

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

KenASch
Star Contributor

Camarillo, CA
USA
689 Posts

Posted - 05/05/2010 :  4:53:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did several shops for them in early April and received payment on May 5th. The amount on the check was $8 less then I expected so I sent them an email, thinking I would have to follow up with a phone call today. However, my email was answered first thing this morning and they researched my shops and discovered they had made an error. They stated that an additional check would be sent out next week. I am impressed with the quick reply and their responsiveness.

Ken S
Gold Shopper
Shopping Ventura County California
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Margis
Apprentice

Mokena, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2010 :  4:08:25 PM  Visit Anthony Margis's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sad to say that this company is very poor in their payment process. To the point, that regardless of the many attempts you can make by phone, email or other...their staff is not trained properly. It's like they try to make themselves look BIG with a website but they only 3 or 4 key employees to handle all the processes of this company. If you don't keep good field data of your visits and travel then you'll never get paided properly or in a timely manner.

Anthony Margis
Retail Project Merchandiser & Auditor at Advantage Sales & Marketing
Go to Top of Page

PamInCa
Star Contributor

CA
USA
6557 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  6:38:57 PM  Visit PamInCa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been doing jobs for them on a regular basis. My payments come on a regular basis, like clockwork in fact. I received payment today for jobs completed last month. I would think keeping track of your visits and travel would be something you did for tax purposes so seeing how much you are supposed to be paid would be quite easy.

I am not quite sure why anyone would think it matters how big a company is. I don't care if it is owned by one person as long as they have work and pay like they say they will.

Your post does not offer any real facts, only opinion. Can you share what happened?

PamInCa
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Margis
Apprentice

Mokena, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2010 :  9:29:02 PM  Visit Anthony Margis's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I worked for Bill Binns who was supervised by Peter Boldrin.

Peter has no idea of the intentional mistakes that Bill brings to the table. I called payroll beyond numerous times to control not being paid properly only to be told to speak to Bill who handles payroll. Bill gave excuses like he missed some of my data, didn't have my mailing address, he was traveling too much and he'll forward a proper check to me, etc.... & continued with many, many more excuses.

I worked out of Pasadena, CA with approx 210+ AM/PM BP sites for their BP 10K program. I worked their for almost three months before getting my first check (started July 1,2008, first check rec'd on Sept 20, 2008)only by calling Peter and insisting on one.

From that time on I kept beyond great data records, emails, voice mail call retention and still do for any possible issues to come forward with New Image Marketing.

I was let go from the company in July 2009, because Bill created a false map point program which left out a site in Columbus, Ohio. In which he presented to Peter, requesting to fire me.

I'm now with a new company that pays me promptly every two weeks....No more problems...

I wonder if Bill is still creating havoc to honest working employees he oversees... :(

Anthony Margis
Retail Project Merchandiser & Auditor at Advantage Sales & Marketing
Go to Top of Page

LoriNC
Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
62 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  05:22:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work regularly with Antonio and he is great. I have never had any problems getting paid. I have always been paid on time and have never been shorted.

Lori
Shopping Charlotte and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

Deep South Tom
Valued Contributor

Jackson, MS
USA
134 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2010 :  05:57:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done six rounds of shops for them starting last April, and have been paid promptly each time. I received a check for October shops on Nov. 4.
I give this company a big "thumbs up" in my book.

Tom
MSPA Silver
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums