Page: of 7

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2007 :  05:02:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Rebecca,

I live in Valrico and I'm starting my 3rd year ms part-time. I do mostly Brandon/Valrico/Plant City areas, but have gone as far north as Wesley Chapel and Sarasota. I don't think I could make the Gold seminar, but I would love to meet others in our area. Connie

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

Tania
Apprentice

Evanston, IL
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2007 :  3:19:23 PM  Send Tania an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alright so they were so many responses that I didn't read them all but are you guys still meeting up? I just moved to Tampa and I would like to know what companies are good here in Florida. But it would be a neat idea to meet....

Tania
Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  6:08:43 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Connie, Rebecca. Tampa (Town and Country) is here! Coffee anyone?

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/24/2008 :  7:07:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric!

Bad timing for me; I'm really busy the next few weeks.
Have you gone to the Brandon MS meet up? I understand quite a few Tampabay ms-ers were there.
I'm attending the Feb. gold certification in Orlando. [edit reply: oops, you're already gold certified-guess I won't see you there.]

Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  11:22:56 AM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Connie, good afternoon! I have registered with the Meetup group in Brandon yet I always seem to have a scheduling conflict. I look forward to meeting them at the next one though.

I am glad that you registered with the Gold Certified workshop in Orlando. Trust me, it is well worth your time. When I first became a shopper last year, I was fortunate that a workshop opened up in Jacksonville the following week. The networking was incredible and well worth the $99 registration fee. The opportunity + the MSPA gold is well worth the time and money invested. I was able to make my money back as well as get very good contacts within the first week after I passed the online test.

Good luck to you, and enjoy!

Eric
MSPA Gold Certified, 2007; IMSC Certified, 2012 (Chicago), 2013 (Atlanta), 2015 (Las Vegas).
Undercover Essentials Video Certified, 2012 and owns PV-500 ECO. Nevada Work card (expires 2020).
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  3:15:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Happy weekend, Eric! I love your tagline...shopping the Caribbean! How cool is that?

Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  10:04:25 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey again Connie! Regarding the Caribbean, I recently was down in Antigua for 1 month while in the process of getting married and enjoying the honeymoon. While down there, some schedulers asked for me to do a few shops. Lucky for me, they paid a bonus to have those shops completed. Not a bad deal. I was getting a little antsy being away from MSing for that long so doing a few shops while on vacation wasn't so bad. I hope to be down there full-time by 2009 so I'll leave the rest of the bay area shops for you to complete!!

Eric
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2008 :  10:21:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm bad at geography, so I googled antigua - BEAUTIFUL!
You deserve an ms award for ms-ing on a tropical island on your honeymoon. BTW, congrats!

P.S. Ahhhh...you don't have to leave town so I can get your shops.

Go to Top of Page

Eric in Tampa
Valued Contributor

Shopperville, FL
USA
193 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2008 :  7:19:13 PM  Visit Eric in Tampa's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey again Val. Actually, Msing in the Caribbean wasn't so bad. I was actually down there for an entire month and wound up doing the shop a couple of days before I left. If you ever get the opportunity, there are many retail stores in the main port area of St. John's, the capital city of Antigua. I'm absolutely certain that some of the other islands in the region (St. Thomas, St. Maarten) have pretty much the same setup.

Other than that, it is one beautiful region. The next time I am down there, I am trying to line up MS shops at Tampa airport and Puerto Rico airport prior to landing. I want the trifecta of airport shops before I go through the Caribbean customs.

***FYI, when in the airport in San Juan, PR, use Terminal #9. They don't have WIFI throughout the airport but Terminal #9 certainly does. I had a 4 hour layover yet spent 3 hours on the laptop writing reports and such.

Eric
Go to Top of Page

Amber from Sunny Florida
Contributor

Tavares, FL
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  09:00:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am in central Florida and do mystery shopping and merchandising in Eustis, Mount Dora, Tavares, Leesburg, Lady Lake, Summerfield, Wildwood, and The Villages.

Amber
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2008 :  5:31:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amber, I was just reading this and saw you shop in Leesburg - I was born there and other then that haven't ever been back (my parents lived in Mount Dora and I guess that was the closest hospital). So what is Leesburg like - a lot of shopping going on there? I always had the impression that it was really, really small.
I hear that Tarpon Springs has changed a lot. When I lived in Tampa we use to go there for day trips and it was a lot of fun.
Go to Top of Page

Deby P
Valued Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2008 :  9:04:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also fairly new to shopping- I have been doing this for part time for the last tow years. I have recently now been working at this full time for the last couple of months. I have learned a lot from these forums.

I am in downtown Orlando and would like to meet/discuss with anyone in this area

Deby P
Serving Orlando and beyond
MSPA Silver Certifed
Study in process for Gold
Go to Top of Page

Colleen P

Altamonte Springs, FL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  6:53:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am Colleen and I video shop in FL and across the nation. I know there is a Tampa shopper meetup group- is there one for the Orlando area?
Go to Top of Page

Shelly Vail

St. Petersburg, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  06:35:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello from St Pete area. Is anyone home here these days or are you all out getting work done between hurricanes?

Shelly

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2008 :  3:49:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Shelly, I shop in the Tampabay area, mostly Brandon & Valrico. I headed towards Fay to shop in Orlando last week; talk about bad scheduling on my part!

Go to Top of Page

LeeM
Contributor

Dunedin, FL
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  10:39:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Shelly and Connie ...I have only been shopping for a couple of months up here in Dunedin and Clearwater. Keeping an eye on Gustav and Hanna at the moment

Lee
Shopping in Dunedin
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  1:25:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Looks like we're safe from Gustav, but keeping an eye for Hanna. I hate driving in the rain, but what can you do? I've already scheduled 4-5 ms/day for the next 10 days.

Lee, I've only been to Dunedin once, but what a nice town by the water!

Go to Top of Page

Shelly Vail

St. Petersburg, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2008 :  3:16:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm not working right now... I just started looking for work again after some time off. I spent 9 years out merchandising in West Central Florida and can remember some really bad days driving thru some deep water then deciding that for safty issues my buns needed to be off the road and at home.

I'm over in South St Pete area near the beaches. Our Gecko Fest got rained out today with the early bands from Gustav.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

LeeM
Contributor

Dunedin, FL
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  09:30:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dunedin is a very quaint, quiet town - the downtown area has very cool little shops and restaurants, art galleries and such and they have a lot of close the street down kind of activities - art shows, holiday parades and such. We've lived up here for 5 years but I spent the majority of my 26 years in Florida in central St. Pete. It's much quieter overall up here.

My travel area is very limited as I don't drive, but I have been making decent contributions to the household bank account. I'd love to find more phone shops! I'm still trying to make sure the amount for the shop actually covers my expenses and time - that seems to be a common complaint. I did one the other day that took an hour and a half in the store then another hour to do the report online and upoad pics and all...not sure that one was worth it. Still learning...

Lee
Shopping in Dunedin
Go to Top of Page

Shelly Vail

St. Petersburg, Florida
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2008 :  08:28:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to go up there a lot for a while. I had an old boss who was a good friend and we used to hang out. The shops are great and the little food places just off the bike trail are good too.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 7 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums