Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

AmberHolly

Tampa, FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2003 :  10:04:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just accepted a 10 hour reset with Acosta Retail Service. I have never worked with this company before so I am looking for Feedback. Mostly just want to know if they pay on time, are fair to work for and provide appropriate support services.
Thanks in advance for you response.

Having a blast shopping Tampa, Brandon, Temple Terrace, Lutz, Orlando and Wesley Chapel.
Watch out Florida - here I come!

AmityA
Contributor

Alvin, Texas
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  03:09:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they pay on time and you are an employee-- the paperwork can be faxed in and they pay thru a company called Paysource-- pay is every 2 weeks now-- used to be weekly-- taxes are taken out and they do offer a non traditional benefit plan. My DM is great and i havent had any problems with Acosta-- Have done several projects for them so far. you can webreport or IVR via phone. No complaints here!

Good Luck

Amity
Go to Top of Page

Janet
Contributor

USA
88 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2003 :  5:05:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also have found Acosta a good company with timely payments and fair pay.

Go to Top of Page

AmberHolly

Tampa, FL
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2003 :  9:19:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the feedback-glad to hear such great info about the company. I just accepted a second 10 hour reset so now I have 20 hours of work coming up with them. I feel better now knowing that I am in good hands with this company.
Thanks!

Having a blast shopping Tampa, Brandon, Temple Terrace, Lutz, Orlando and Wesley Chapel.
Watch out Florida - here I come!
Go to Top of Page

MaryL
Valued Contributor

Richmond, VA
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2003 :  2:09:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta is a very large company with a good reputation. I know many reps who work for them 33 hours per week on regular reset teams. I have worked for them in the past on special projects. That division seems to keeping changing managers. They are very fair with the pay and time allowed and pay on time.
Go to Top of Page

LJT

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2004 :  10:24:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Does anyone know what kind of benifits Acosta offers? Do they offer the same benifits for part-time and full-time? Does Acosta concider 32 hours full time?

Thanks,
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2004 :  6:45:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am helping another merchandiser with a project for Acosta Retail Service. I have gone to their site to apply, but the link they have posted does not work. I guess you have to apply at a differect site. I noticed the whole address is not posted there. Does anyone have the address to get me to the application site so I can apply? Thanks

Peggy L
MSPA Gold Certified #irkurx
Shopping and Merchandising SE Michigan
Macomb, St Clair, Oakland, & Lapeer Counties
Go to Top of Page

LJT

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  08:15:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Peggy,

I don't have another web address but you may call them at the following number, Acosta Jobline at 877-558-4577. Or click on directory and look for the city you want to work and give them a call. If you can't find the directory send me an email and I'll help you.

Have a Great Day,
Joyce
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2004 :  08:44:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Joyce,
Thanks for all of your help. It did help me to figure things out.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

Trina 4nier

Leominster, MA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2005 :  7:47:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have an interview with them and want to know how they are now, if anything is different? They sound like a good company, but it doesnt hurt to keep updated.....!
Go to Top of Page

OctoberInOhio
Star Contributor

South Salem, Ohio
USA
697 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  08:28:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here Is The Directory Page...
http://www.acosta.com/directory.asp

October From Ohio
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2005 :  1:55:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trina,
I am now working for Acosta regularly. I really like the company. They send very detailed instructions for their projects and always pay every two weeks. I work for other companies, but Acosta is my favorite. There always seems to be enough jobs to keep me busy. My scheduler said they were going to be hiring. You were very lucky to get an interview. Go for it.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

RickB

Chico, CA
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  11:17:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta here in Northern CA is awesome. The office staff as well as the Team Leads.

Rick
Northern California
Merchandiser
Go to Top of Page

Trina 4nier

Leominster, MA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2005 :  7:09:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went for the interview, got the job! The man that interviewed me was awesome. Im not thrilled that I have to cover lower Boston, but he said that could change. I hope. Anyway, just wanted you to know that I did go for it, and think I'll be glad I did! Thanks for your input all!
Go to Top of Page

REBailey1

Alton, IL
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  10:49:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I used to work for their RetailSource division. They paid on time, but the scheduling was usually last minute. I talked with a team lead who used to work for RetailSource but now works for Acosta directly. She said RS gets the leftovers. I had little problem getting paid on time, only problem was when they kept changing which location to fax paperwork to. Once that was fixed, it was no problem. I may try to do some work for them this summer.

Merchandising, Mystery Shopping and Audits in Metropolitan St. Louis, MO; Southwestern/Central and Springfield, IL
Go to Top of Page

KWoodill

Akron, OH
USA
11 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2005 :  12:42:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta is a great company to work for. RetailSource does mainly project work and resets. I work on a dedicated team so I have a route that I do monthly etc. This company has been around a long time, not like some of these fly by night type of companies.

Kristi, Merchandising the Northeast Ohio area
Go to Top of Page

Trina 4nier

Leominster, MA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/26/2005 :  3:29:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah, so much for Acosta being a great company. I was interviewed, I thought hired, and now Im still waiting to hear from them. I interviewed with one person, found out 3 weeks later that they were switching districts and he was reassigned. Now I have a new person to deal with and he want to interview me. I thought I had the job. I should have started working, according to the first interview, 2 weeks ago. Now this guy wants to wait 2-3 weeks, interview me and then who knows if I get the job or not. I have bills to pay and I cant count on Acosta, obviously. I am at my wits end with them.
Go to Top of Page

MaryL
Valued Contributor

Richmond, VA
USA
185 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  04:51:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta can take a long time to on board. My son works for them. He interviewed, then took the drug tests and a month later he was offered the job. Fortunately for him, he was working during that time.
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  2:54:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
they pay!
that is the positive

DM in my area will not return phone calls nor emails
works shows up in the mail...
Go to Top of Page

Peggy L
Contributor

Armada, Michigan
USA
76 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  8:24:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trina,
I'm sorry to hear you having problems with Acosta, since I'm the one who convinced you to go to the interview. I don't know if getting a new scheduler during the process is the problem or not. I have worked with the same scheduler from the beginning. I have never had a problem and I have never had a project just show up in the mail. My scheduler always calls before she assigns me anything. I always have enough work to keep me as busy as I want to be. I guess it is like anything else; there are good schedulers and bad schedulers. I hope it works out for you. I love working for Acosta Retail Source.

Peggy L
Go to Top of Page

Trina 4nier

Leominster, MA
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2005 :  9:53:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Peggy and everyone else! Listen, Im just upset that it has been such a runaround with them. I mean, I was under the impression that I had the job, with the first interview. He told me there was a hiring freeze, but it would be over in 3 weeks and he would get in touch with me. I continued to email him every week so he wouldnt forget about me, then when I didnt get a response to my 3rd email, I got nervous. I called him on his cell and he was with the new supervisor and they were discussing me! He then told me about the change in districts, and that I would have to interview with the new guy. Can you understand why Im so upset? I have gotten 2 emails from this new guy, the last one was 2 weeks ago, saying he wanted to get in touch with me and set up time in 2-3 weeks to interview me. Im just so depressed about this. I really really counted on starting work when I was told I would start work. I want to work so badly! Im not going to continue chasing after them any longer, I was just hired with another company as an employee also. Same rate of pay, but here in my area, not all the way out in Boston....whew! I guess its for the best. Hey, Thanks for all your input and encouragement, it really made a difference in how I felt about myself, and my confidence in myself. I never would have even considered going for the job without your encouragement, which in turn, raised my self esteem, so even though it didnt work out, you did help me alot. Dont forget that! Good luck to everyone, and happy long weekend!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums