Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Sandy R

Diana, Texas
USA
41 Posts

Posted - 01/19/2012 :  05:58:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for them a couple of weeks ago, got the "thanks for applying we are reviewing your app info" email never heard anything back until Tuesday and a guy called me wanting me to be an hour away the next morning at 6 am and I just couldnt do it.

Wanted to but last minute this week was a killer.

Merchandiser with 2 years experience seeking work in the Longview, Texas area!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  4:08:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it just me,or did anyone else just get a "legal" looking letter in the mail about a lawsuit for Acosta(Mitchell et al v. Acosta Sales)Is someone on the inside selling names or do these people know how to get employee names from companies?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

LolaKelly

Burbank, CA
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2012 :  6:36:53 PM  Visit LolaKelly's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Acosta for over a year and they have not paid correctly. Now there is a class action suit http://girardgibbs.com/

Lola
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  05:05:12 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got one of those letters yesterday also. I worked a very short time for the company a couple of years back. At that I had heard from then employees they were experiencing problems. Acosta had the best reputation at one time, and anyone employed felt very fortunate to be working for them. Funny how things change.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  05:09:11 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Lola, are you going to join in on the lawsuit then, or do you figure the amount owed to you isnt worth it?
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  05:40:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This is really interesting, Acosta was just awarded all of P&G's work except Covergirl that went to another company.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  08:21:15 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to the letter I received, it states current and former Acosta employees claim Acost failed to pay Merchandisers for all hours worked at home and while driving in violation of Fair Labor Standards Act. I think a good many of us, regardless of company, have experienced times our paychecks havent included all pay coming to us. It seems Acosta had more problems than others, with employees tired of trying to deal with payroll departments excuses. At the time I was employed, Unemployment Comp questioned the way Acosta determined mileage pay depending on a make/model vehicle the company used as a comparison vehicle. UC determined it an unfair practice, with below average mileage reimbursements to the reps, which helped my case to obtain UC eligibility. UC also determined that as a fulltime rep, the pay per hour was below acceptable for work done in our state. UC determined I should have been making $15 hr. I believe I was quoted a yearly income of X thousands dollars which sounded good at the time to me, but, UC did the numbers and determined I would have been making less than minimum wages. I WONDER if the reps finally figured it out on their own and decided to sue. When we are offered what we think is a substantial yearly income,we use the common 40 hr week to determine what our pay would be without realizing there are many hours spent at home doing work which we arent able to determine the pay for, or the mileage reimbursements figure. My reason for quiting had nothing to do with the above, but once UC pointed it out, I was glad I didnt stay.
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2012 :  10:06:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have only 1 company that pays at home Admin. time, almost all the other companies will pay comp time for travel/gas/hotels/report time, hubby negotiates this into the project (at this time we are only working for 4 companies).
There are a few companies that we have worked for that will kill you on report time, hubby verifies what the amount of reporting requires and then will decide if we take the project or not, most times it's NOT!

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 02/20/2012 :  12:49:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Acosta for 4 years now and have had NO pay issues! I got one of the letters, too, but have no reason to join. I do not consider the small amount of time that I spend inputting my work at home as a problem.
Go to Top of Page

Zeke

NC
USA
22 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  6:15:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny41

I have worked for Acosta for 4 years now and have had NO pay issues! I got one of the letters, too, but have no reason to join. I do not consider the small amount of time that I spend inputting my work at home as a problem.

I would have to agree as well, I have never had any problems and love working for Acosta, so far, for three years.

Zeke
MSPA GOLD CERTIFIED SHOPPER
NARMS Certified Merchandiser
Shopping NC
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2012 :  1:06:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
HI I just got hired with this company. I was told I will have 32 hours. More than I wanted but I took it. Does any one have update on how they like collecting prices for this company
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  11:49:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone. I was offered a job with Acosta on the ASAP team. Does anyone have any current info on the ASAP team and how it might work? I understand it is mostly resets and projects in grocery, but I did not get a definite answer on how far away we are assigned stores. I was at first told I would stay within 20 miles of my home location, but then told I would have cities way outside that area. Also, are we scheduled the stores, or do we get to choose them-for example if a store reset is two hours drive time, can we refuse? I am just trying to get a better idea of what I might be getting into before making a definite yes. Of course I can ask the DM, but I like to hear from those of you who have the experience first. Thank you so much! :)

Jess
Go to Top of Page

AsShelton
Trainee

Pace, FL
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 05/30/2012 :  8:30:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I currently work for Acosta and I am an ASAP merchandiser. It does sound like they may have you a little confused. You aren't assigned to any stores at all. The DM will post work on Natural Insights for your to either accept or decline. You aren't obligated to accept any work. You can decline work if you like. For instance, I DO NOT accept any RESETS. I hate working on RESET teams... So, I ONLY accept individual solo work when it is posted and ONLY if I feel like it. I pretty much use Acosta as fill in work. If I am already going to be inside a store and I see there is work to do for Acosta, I will accept it, since I will already be there.

Nevertheless, for those who like to work resets, there are usually a nice amount of them, good hours and they pay mileage and drive time.

I hope this helps!!

Anton
FL Panhandle & Southern AL
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/01/2012 :  09:43:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi! Thank you SO much for clearing those things up for me, that helps a lot! It's interesting they use Natural Insights. I do hope because of that, I can get some work from them. I myself don't mind resets or team resets, but it is great to be able to mix it up with other projects I think and keeps it interesting. Everyone I spoke with at Acosta was really, really nice and down to earth, and organized too which I LOVE :) Thank you for sharing.

Jess
Go to Top of Page

Cheryl NC
Valued Contributor

Fairview, NC
USA
132 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  09:16:59 AM  Send Cheryl NC an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am also an ASAP merchandiser. It may depend on your manager pertaining to how the plans are distributed. Certain stores are always added to my dashboard for continuity service or for multiple small plans at the same location. I was asked before the decision was made at the onset and I can adjust the day and time on these projects, usually within a week.

Then many plans are first come - first serve.

I love working for Acosta! Welcome to the team :)

Cheryl

MSPA Gold Certified
Merchandising in the Beautiful Mountains of Western North Carolina!
Go to Top of Page

JessInOly

Olympia, WA
USA
28 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  8:54:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheryl, thank you so much for sharing and the welcome. I will be finding out more on Tues. I'm excited! :)

Jess
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  4:31:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well this is interesting. Just got the offical email today that Acosta has bought out Mosaic Sales Solution. Wonder if it will create more jobs or not.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2012 :  9:36:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They bought Mosaic? Holy cow. Didn't see that coming. I would imagine they would keep many of the Mosaic reps, at least I hope so for their sake. Dang, this industry just keeps changing.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  07:53:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The email says things will stay the same,but you know how that goes. Guess we'll see.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  08:17:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The way things keep changing are just that...it never ends and its not evolving for the best from my point of view! M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums