Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  11:55:04 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
LarryT said "they do all the resets and projects in my territory and only call me when one of them cannot make it, they carpool together and claim all their mileage individually"

Do you have proof of these alligations? Because what theyre doing is illegal. The ONLY person to legally claim mileage is the driver. If Im not wrong, the passengers can only claim the time in vehicle as work hours, if allowed.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/07/2013 :  6:05:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JudyK, just a friendly FYI... instead of posting a post apologizing for a duplicate post, it's best to just delete the duplicate post using the trash can icon which is right next to the reply with quote icon.

Yes, I have proof in the form of them telling me so. But that is not what I care about because after all, Acosta could never prove it and I would do the same thing anyway. I only mentioned it because this is what makes it veyr worth while for them.

What I care about is supervisors hiring their friends and their family in this business and and not letting any other employees work because they give their friends and family all the work. I do get work from Acosta, but that is because I worgh other divisions. I get no ASAP work because of this nepotism. This nepotism is well-known in my territory and it's not right. Luckily I work for many other companies. All part time, but I manage to get a decent amount of work for myself these days.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/27/2013 :  08:24:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question for all of you Acosta employees that do team resets...

Did you do any of the Cookie Cracker resets in Walmart these past few weeks?

My supervisor told me that Acosta is no longer supplying the reset team members for the Walmart Cookie Cracker resets (SAS is), and that Acosta is only supplying the team lead. However, I got information yesterday leading me to believe this isn't true and that all team members are supplied by Acosta, just as before.

Can anyone confirm whether or not this is true?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  01:34:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I no longer work for Acosta but I did see these advertised on the SAS portal for assignment.
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  09:46:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I heard that Crossmark had the Walmart cookie and cracker resets
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2013 :  10:09:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LeeR

I heard that Crossmark had the Walmart cookie and cracker resets

Crossmark and Acosta split them.

If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  5:28:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O.K. i went thru the thread here but couldn't find an answer,so if i missed it sorry guys. What is the "green" team working in a single Walmart? I noticed(not in my area,bummer) that there was a opening. What exactly do they do,resets,build displays,packout cases etc.?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  6:22:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

O.K. i went thru the thread here but couldn't find an answer,so if i missed it sorry guys. What is the "green" team working in a single Walmart? I noticed(not in my area,bummer) that there was a opening. What exactly do they do,resets,build displays,packout cases etc.?

They do not do resets. Not sure if they even do cut-ins. This is, more or less, light work, but time consuming. It basically project work. They get paid for 40 hours a week but may only work 32 to 36 sometimes. You can expect to work more during busy seasons and you can expect to work black Fridays. Yes, you read that right Sometimes there is an excess of work and you can pick-up more than your normal 40 hours of work and get overtime. But this is not always the case, just sometimes.

In a nutshell, they do audits and place POP materials (signage, IRC's, neck-hangers, etc.) They check to see if certain displays are out and encaps are built. Even sometimes build displays and sell-in displays. They check to make sure that if something is on "rollback" that it in fact has rollback signage. They check various things like stocking conditions, POG integrity, and such. They take a lot of pictures. They let personnel know when a product is out or low and needs to be ordered. While they are expected to pack out product, the people I know on these "color" teams say they rarely have any time to pack out any product. They represent many manufacturers and many brands so there is a lot of work to do in one walmart and a good amount of reporting. Very computer-intensive, which is why they use company-issued laptops. I hear they are moving toward tablets now so that they can take pictures with the tablet. They typically have about 4 walmarts and visit 1 or 2 every day.

Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/12/2013 :  07:16:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks LarryT. Was wondering how that worked.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  05:10:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly and Larry

I am a employee of Acosta I have been with them now for four half years. I work on the GEO team, we have terrories that we work out of, the Green team and Geo team are almost the same. I do work part time and the work I do is like working full time. There is a lot opening at this time in Wisconsin for all areas of Acosta there. We get more work then we can finish in one week..there is projects, and merchandising questions that can be over 400 question to answer in one week...talking to managers, making sure the zero sells on the shelf, and we do do cut-ins, making sure the items are on the shelf, taking a lot pictures uploading in NARS..there is so much to do your time goes very fast..the only one thing I love my job, and Acosta is great company to work for.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
783 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  08:28:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
"I do work part time and the work I do is like working full time."

So are you paid for part-time hours or paid for full time hours, i.e. all the hours that you actually work?
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 04/13/2013 :  10:03:09 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Millee: Glad to hear Acosta works for you in your area. In my territory, on the other hand, Acosta isn't exactly what I would call "a great company to work for" because if favoritism and nepotism (as mentioned earlier in this thread) and because 3 of my 5 supervisors are very uncommunicative and I always have to be on their butts to offer me work. If I did not call them, I would never get any work at all. Then another supervisor calls me at 4:30AM the day before or the day she needs someone, which I can usually never oblige because I schedule work much more in advance than same day...lol. Not to mention I do not take kindly to companies calling me that early. Sometimes I'm up that early, but mostly never before 5AM. I only have 1 supervisor that calls me for work without me hounding her and she calls me first as she knows I will almost always be available for her.

Because of this, Acosta isn't exactly high on my list of companies that I work an have worked for, even though, all in all, I do know that they are one of the better merch companies out there to work for. I am just unfortunate to have a bad set of supervisors.

Merch company employment experiences vary greatly from one territory to another depending on your supervisor(s). I, unfortunately, have a team of no-so-great ones. I pretty much gave up on them as far as getting decent amount of work. All I ask now is that the one supervisor that calls me hopefully gets me work at least once very 6 months just so that I don't get automatically terminated.

Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2013 :  8:43:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From the website i noticed the "green team" that they have listed was in the produce,seafood, meat etc. area. But the geo team i was told was all over the store depending on what the vendor wants you to find in the store. I talked to someone on the geo green team and she said that they were forming part time positions for just 1 walmart and that you would have to be living within 20 miles or less near the store. probably so you wouldn't incur drive time.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  04:09:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Kelly, you are right Acosta is cutting back on GEOs, Green Team...GEOs like me are now down to one store for Walmart store...hours have been cut what stinks the most. I have to find more work to cover for hours that I losted. Plus, I am going to miss working with the people I work with all these years in the store that I losted. Now, I am down to 24hrs a week..not 32hrs that I was working...I know must fulltime employee went down to parttime. The cut backs hurted a lot of employee. What can we do, at less we are still having a job. Like say, I will alway be an Acosta employee Love my job, not the cut backs. For what they did, I quest it is good for the company.

quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

From the website i noticed the "green team" that they have listed was in the produce,seafood, meat etc. area. But the geo team i was told was all over the store depending on what the vendor wants you to find in the store. I talked to someone on the geo green team and she said that they were forming part time positions for just 1 walmart and that you would have to be living within 20 miles or less near the store. probably so you wouldn't incur drive time.

Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 04/23/2013 :  3:59:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I guess it depends on the area you work in and the team you are on. The 2 people I know, one is on the green team and the other on the purple team, both did got the # of walmart stores cut from, I think, 6 to 4. However, this was done becaue since the # of clients and and brands are increasing dramatically, the reps cannot handle as many stores without going over 40 hours a week. In fact, I have been told that they are hiring part-time "color" team members as well to help with the workload. My guess is that the ASAP and IMPACT teams are probably seeing an increase in project work (becasue they get the overflow from these color teams and other dedicated teams). So, I guess in some markets they are cutting back, but in others they are actually increasing the workloads and hiring more people.

Go to Top of Page

D-Elfe
Apprentice

Mosinee, WI
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 04/26/2013 :  1:33:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if any of the issue in the lawsuit have changed in the company? I see it was filed in 2011.
Go to Top of Page

Cynthia Gunn
Apprentice

Locust Grove, Georgia
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/27/2013 :  4:02:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I am new to the forum and I have a couple of questions about Acosta. I have a start date in a week and I am pretty excited! My questions are:
I will be a full time RCM, will they provide a cellphone, and laptop? I have a laptop but I do not have a cell phone.I know, it's weird, but i have enjoyed being "unplugged" for the past 2 years.
I know they have mileage reimbursement, does anyone know about the rate?
Lastly, the car I will be using is paid for, I do not have full coverage insurance. Will this be an issue for them? I ask because years ago I was "hired" at Advantage and the process came to a halt when they realized I did not have full coverage insurance.

I have only talked to the recruiter and she did not have these details, I am still waiting to be contacted by someone from Acosta. I am impatient and I hate surprises. Thank you everyone!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2013 :  06:12:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most companies that I've worked for that pay mileage didn't require full coverage, but did require the insurance to have your name on the card.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  6:47:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia Gunn

Hello all! I am new to the forum and I have a couple of questions about Acosta. I have a start date in a week and I am pretty excited! My questions are:
I will be a full time RCM, will they provide a cellphone, and laptop? I have a laptop but I do not have a cell phone.I know, it's weird, but i have enjoyed being "unplugged" for the past 2 years.
Lastly, the car I will be using is paid for, I do not have full coverage insurance. Will this be an issue for them? I ask because years ago I was "hired" at Advantage and the process came to a halt when they realized I did not have full coverage insurance.

I have only talked to the recruiter and she did not have these details, I am still waiting to be contacted by someone from Acosta. I am impatient and I hate surprises. Thank you everyone!

Go to Top of Page

LeeR

Phoenix, Arizona
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2013 :  6:50:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cynthia Gunn

Depends what division you got hired into?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums