Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Missie
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2014 :  5:07:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you Darla for your reply...Are the days and times pre-determined or are the days and hours for your store visits flexible? Any work on wkend days? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  2:18:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Missie

Is the TRAC Merchandiser assigned only in WM & how many locations are usually assigned? How many visits per week in each location?
Thanks

I'm on a different team than you are (I'm on the Red Team which, for the moment, works all Clorox and McCormick products and a handful of Heinz items), but I was in on the start of the cooler program when they rolled it out and, even though the team assigned to do service has changed, I think the frequencies of the calls and their duration has not (although the Hostess and Plants may- and should- result in more call time).

Coolers are worked 4 times a week, with one of those calls on the weekend (usually Saturday from what I've seen), and the duration of the call to work the cooler is 1 hour. Most TRAC reps seem to have about three to four stores, which means a base of perhaps 12-16 hours (plus drive time between stores, admin time and the like). I would hope that the new Hostess and Planters calls are in addition to that.

As for schedule flexibility....there is some, but not much. Most of the store calls that I see are being done on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursday or Friday and Saturday or Sunday.

Eventually, the plan is to have two dairy coolers in all stores, but no time frame on that. It appears that the timeframe is at least partially predicated on sales, and the sales are supposed to be very good, so here's hoping the full rollout is sooner rather than later.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  3:56:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes...the call days are Mon, Wed, Fri, and whichever weekend day works for you. I, personally work on Sunday's mostly. We like to have a few drinks on Friday night and sleep late on Saturdays. Besides, Sunday's are boring so you might as well be working.

With drive time for me, my hours usually work out to be around 20-24 hrs a week. I drive a total of 100 miles and get paid for about 75 of it.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 02/09/2014 :  4:00:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh..I forgot to say: As far as flexibility goes, you have to work Mon, Wed, and Fridays but your actual times are pretty flexible. I usually start my first store around 9:30 or so. Whenever I get up and get ready. My favorite thing about merchandising. :)

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Missie
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2014 :  9:55:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert and Darla thanks for your reply.....Very helpful....Thanks
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  07:20:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well my Acosta bubble has burst. I guess they are just a typical big corporation who doesn't really know or care whats going on with it's employees.
My store, which is in my town, and three other stores have just been given to a new hire and they are sending me 74 miles away from my home. I will be fighting tons of traffic and going thru 3 or 4 tolls to reach my first of two stores.
Gee thanks Acosta for showing so much appreciation for your loyal, diligent and under paid staff.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  07:33:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarlaR.

Well my Acosta bubble has burst. I guess they are just a typical big corporation who doesn't really know or care whats going on with it's employees.
My store, which is in my town, and three other stores have just been given to a new hire and they are sending me 74 miles away from my home. I will be fighting tons of traffic and going thru 3 or 4 tolls to reach my first of two stores.
Gee thanks Acosta for showing so much appreciation for your loyal, diligent and under paid staff.

None of these companies give a rat's about any of their employees in truth. Anyone who thinks they do is just delusional or hasn't been there long enough to get screwed over yet. I just got mine at my main merch job after being there for years.

I am really sorry this happened to you, but it seems to be the norm these days sadly. I have just spent the last two days having a major anxiety/stress attack, crying off and on all day yesterday, not being able to sleep and having the "runs" due to what my main job just did to all their employees and trying to figure out how I am going to even be able to pay my rent now. You think they care? Hell no. They are too busy laughing all the way to the bank and planning their next vacation.
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  1:52:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sadly, I know that you are right. I was trying to think back in the archives of my mind to a more innocent time when companies cared about they're employees and (I'm 50) I really couldn't remember that time. Now I'm wondering if it ever existed.
I know that people have their opinions on labor unions but they couldn't have been all bad. There's got to be another way for hard working, loyal employees to have more of a voice in the company that they are employed by. Things would run smoother if they did.
Right now..it seems as though the only ones really getting anywhere financially are the corporate heads. Ya know..the one's who are laughing all the way to the bank and planning their next vacation. lol..sucks

Darla
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  2:48:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is a different world we live in today. I am including a link to an article on linked in.

This guy gets it. This is our future.

10 Reasons you have to quit your job in 2014.

https://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20140407131300-5858595-10-reasons-you-have-to-quit-your-job-in-2014?_mSplash=1

It may pick you up or it may depress you. It's all in the response you have. We now have to think out of the box to survive.

I hope this help someone today.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2014 :  5:09:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with a lot of the comments to that article. When you are 64 years old, have no 401k and almost no savings left, have health issues, do not have a spouse to help support you, don't own a home, you are pretty much screwed from suddenly quitting your crappy jobs and starting over. Companies know this. They also know that if you quit, 100 others will line up for your crappy little job for even less money. I'd love to have some brilliant ideas of how I could make more money doing something else and have a plan to do so, but I just don't. And I have no finances or resources to plunk into any such venture either. I am just trying to survive and it's day by day at this point, sadly.
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2014 :  06:49:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I read the article and it seems the guy is basically saying that everyone needs to start thinking about creating some sort of business of their own. We thought about that alot back in 2008 when my boyfriend and I were laid off. It's not that easy. I feel like the author of this article just got lucky. Not everyone has the resources or time or education or creativity to make this happen.
I agree that the middle class is shrinking. We're all getting poorer because our salaries have not kept us with inflation AT ALL! Bush raised the min wage by $2 back in '06 but before that..it hadn't been raised in 10 years. That's a long time and a lot of inflation in between.
Our country is basically ran by Oligarchs (the extremely wealthy and powerful). They line the pockets of the law makers and basically write their own laws (to benefit themselves, of course). So in essence they are running our country.
All we can do is educate ourselves and survive. But I'm tired of people blaming themselves for not being in better financial places in their lives. Beating themselves up and thinking it's all their fault and they screwed up somewhere. The system is rigged! We are good people, working hard and trying to make a living in a corrupt, rigged society. Stop feeling crappy about yourselves...it's not your fault.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2014 :  3:21:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ACOSTA is going through a bunch of changes right now, few of which seem to be to the betterment of their merchandisers regardless of team. I understand very well that the very nature of this business is changing and that companies, in order to survive, must change with them. But ACOSTA seems to be fixated on micromanaging their representatives to the point that they have zero flexibility and zero discretion, are misinformed or not informed at all, and have the threat of disciplinary action hanging inches over their heads at all times. None of that is good for morale, and things may well be getting worse, much worse, before they get better...if they get better at all.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2014 :  11:33:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, there is one word to explain many of the changes at Acosta- Walmart. Acosta is jumping through hoops to accommodate Walmarts every whim.
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  05:55:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok..Acosta has redeemed themselves in my eyes. They admitted that they made a mistake in taking my store away and have offered me a full time position on the Red team. :) That is even better! Unit manager seems really nice, pay is not bad, and I'm really looking forward to working Mon-Friday. I haven't had a full time job since '06!!

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  08:13:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by DarlaR.

Ok..Acosta has redeemed themselves in my eyes. They admitted that they made a mistake in taking my store away and have offered me a full time position on the Red team. :) That is even better! Unit manager seems really nice, pay is not bad, and I'm really looking forward to working Mon-Friday. I haven't had a full time job since '06!!

Congrats! If you don't mind me asking, is the pay enough to live on without having another job or additional income from another source? Do you get health insurance and all your expenses covered?

How much of the work is in Walmart?
Go to Top of Page

Angela S.

Alameda, California
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2014 :  8:41:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yay Darla! Good for you I wish you the best...

Angela
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 04/27/2014 :  08:22:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay here in Tx is $11hr. Since I will be working full time they will have to offer insurance. I just don't know much about that right now. I got my insurance thru health care . gov. It was very reasonable and I like it. So, as far as I'm concerned, I will probably just keep the insurance I have.
Now the expenses...so far they have been paying me around 30cents a mile from the first store to the last store unless the store is more than 30 miles away from home. Plus they pay drive time. I will update this if I find out different. My first day on the Red team will be May 11th.
I don't think the Red team does alot of work in Walmart's...which is fine with me! ha Sounded like it was mostly Kroger, Food Town, HEB, and some smaller stores.
I will update when I find out more.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  08:56:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seems to be tricky finding out what all the different Acosta team actually do. I know what the Trac team is doing. What about all the others? And what is Impact and Mandate?

Ann
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  5:39:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AnnCamp

Seems to be tricky finding out what all the different Acosta team actually do. I know what the Trac team is doing. What about all the others? And what is Impact and Mandate?

I think there are five teams calling on Walmart (and some call on WM and other retailers as well) at the moment:

Red (the team I was on) represents Clorox, McCormick and several other smaller clients. They focus on shelf-work, couponing and building/filling secondary displays.

Green- I >think< their main client is Proctor and Gamble, but the duty that WM sees as most crucial is their weekly walk of the store verifying that the stores have no out of stocks on their "must have" items (you can tell a must have because it has a star on the shelf label).

TRAC you said you know.

Purple- seems their main client is Duracell batteries, though they do have other clients.

Impact- the special project team. Their work is generally "on demand", meaning no projects equals no pay.

Mandate- I've never heard of this one.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
60 Posts

Posted - 05/03/2014 :  8:58:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very helpful, Robert. Thank you.

Ann
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums