Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2014 :  09:38:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert,

You forget GEO team, the do it all team, We do Trac, scan shelf availability, mod integrity, PMPI's, we answer about over 500 questions, we answer to non stop store projects...We are the Team that does it all. I work full time for Acosta now five years.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  3:45:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't mean to slight GEO at all.

It's just not one of the teams I see in-store very often, that despite all they do.

Oh....and I guess I should mention that I am back with ACOSTA now after a brief time (a week) with another company. Things just didn't work out to my benefit, which is the primary reason I changed jobs, and my supervisor was gracious enough to let me have my old job back, for which I am extremely grateful. Now is not the time to be unemployed.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  5:29:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome back to Acosta, I am glad you got your job back.

Millee
Go to Top of Page

Angela S.

Alameda, California
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2014 :  9:57:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome back!

Angela
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2014 :  2:57:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you both!

I've got to admit that there is a certain good feeling when you find yourself slipping back into a comfortable routine. Despite the changes that ACOSTA is going through and likely will continue to go through as the industry changes (yet again), it's a relief to know what's expected of you by your company and by your clients, or at least to know that you might have to deal with maybe 10 different clients and their requirements versus almost 300.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 06/14/2014 :  07:59:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert, I hope it works for you being back, from what I heard from a few Ascota Reps, this week, there was some full time people reduced to part time, and a bunch let go. Advantage did the same thing week before last
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
178 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2014 :  6:19:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In this economy, it's a risk you take no matter what direction you go.

I have heard that ACOSTA is looking at several ways to "reduce costs" (and we're all pretty sure what that ultimately means), but they are also going after a bit more diversification as far as adding clients and, possibly, other retail venues as well. Since I'm at the lowest rung of the corporate ladder, I'm sure that I'll be the last to know, whatever ends up happening.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  05:16:14 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here I am now several months later after joining the Red team disillusioned once again.
I have 72 stores (which was a major hassle to route) and I'm driving over 3000 miles a week! My brand new car is getting beat all to hell and the mileage reimbursement barely pays for the gas (.16 a mile).
There's no way I can continue this without trading in my car in three years and being upside down on it.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Linda3456

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  09:00:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Darla,

So then why are you doing it?
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  09:27:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Because they threatened to kill my entire family if I quit. because I've only been doing this4 months. Took me a little time to figure it all out.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
170 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  5:14:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Your car will have as many miles in one year as mine does and its 15 years old. Yikes!
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  6:19:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wait a minute...I meant to say 3000 miles a month. lol But thats still bad.

Darla
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  6:56:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It's terrible! And 16 cents a mile? You have got to be kidding me! What about all the wear and tear, tires, brakes, oil changes? Good grief.

These companies.....I swear....no raises and what we have to spend/shell out in monies for our car, cleaning supplies, tools, furnishing a computer, software, printer, all the free admin time, and office supplies that we get diddle and next to diddle for is obscene. I am killing myself working and making so little because of this nonsense.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/26/2014 :  8:15:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
3,000 miles per month is a bit excessive.

However after six months or so they will give you a car allowance matched to your territory. So it could be a benefit to you. I know reps that put 30-50K miles a year on their cars.

And yes I really do think they are getting taken advantage of. It is getting to the point I am seeing more and more people walk off the job because of this. You never want to put yourself in a situation where you are paying to work for these companies...

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  04:54:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've actually been at Acosta for a year now. I started out on the Trac team in a part time position which I think after the depreciation etc of my car that I was probably better off in that part time position.

I think it's weird how they do the mileage pay. It's .35 per mile up to 500 miles, then .26 up to 1200, then .16 after that. I always get over 1800 miles in a month. Why they go down in pay the more you drive is beyond me. I know in 2 or 3 years I will have to trade in my car and I will definitely be upside down on it. Not to mention the high risk of another accident driving in the crazy busy downtown Houston!

I guess it's time for another change. :(

Darla
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:11:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you are paid mileage while working for a company, it is illegal in CA for the company to use zip code to zip code to compute mileage for your route, if you have supplies delivered to your door your mileage pay starts at your door (Supplies were delivered there) if you are willing to bypass these laws you can always hold on, they will be sued, as so many companies are now days, some of these suits are being settled soon, if you were contacted in the past follow up on it.

1st time negotiation is the key to getting compensated properly.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 08/27/2014 :  11:49:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Where did you see this? In the CA labor law I have looked at, it says: "When an employee is required to use his or her personal vehicle for work-related activities, the employer must reimburse the employee for expenses related to the use of the vehicle. (Note that this does not include use of a personal vehicle to commute between home and work.)"

I am not seeing anything about zip codes or materials delivered to your home to be used on a job. Have I missed something?
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  07:56:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2014 :  08:46:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can you email me the info you found then from the labor board here when you get a chance? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2014 :  2:35:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
BigSue,

I had a similar issue and some other employees did as well. When I contacted the attorney that did the class action with Acosta for the ten million dollars he told me to contact an attorney in my own state.

California has some very strict laws with employment and some of these companies are really bordering breaking them.

Acosta in my opinion is really starting to go downhill and will eventually most likely have only PT work less then 20 hours a week. Not saying it will happen right now. But I forsee that in the future.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums