Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/20/2014 :  2:03:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone have any thoughts on how Acosta is doing?

Just wanting to know anyone's thoughts on any changes they think Acosta will be making in the near future..

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  2:34:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta just laid off a National team..

Anyone have any info as to which one it was?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  08:01:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work on the Impact side and yesterday I had 167 offers to go through. Couldn't believe it because I've had hardly any all month.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  2:48:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cathy:

On Impact you mainly do resets and a few Misc projects. It could just be that a chain had some work to do in your area and you are seeing more then normal. Were any of the offers longer jobs or were they mainly smaller faster jobs you could get five or more done in a day?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Cathy O
Contributor

Richmond, MI
USA
79 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  5:40:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Most were one hour and a few were three hour jobs.

Cathy
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  4:25:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really wish they didn't do that.

The one hour jobs take double that sometimes. And then on top of that the instructions are normally wrong!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2015 :  1:49:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just asked to interview for the geo team, the recruiter said it is a full 40 hr. a week job, full time.
She mentioned it would be using a tablet for inputting answers.
If anyone could answer a few questions, i'd appreciate it.
I'm trying to get a feel for what this team does.
I went thru some of the old posts so I have a couple of questions...not sure on the answer.
She said it was the Mosaic team which is now the Geo team.
Has the geo team changed in adding more hours?
Or does it depend on the store? I thought full time was 32 hrs?
With all the different teams in a Walmart, is the Geo team kinda the one that does the odd jobs no other team does or wants,Like resets etc?
Is there only 1 person on this team in a Walmart or more?
The Walmart in this entire area is very old and kinda small.
Thanks for any info guys!!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  11:55:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got a phone call about a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Grocery) PT position. The ad was a bit misleading as it only listed 1 town on the description, when it actually is a 186 mile route 2x a week. The travel is "partially" paid. How is travel partial? Either you are at home or traveling. I personally cannot see how these companies expect someone to jump at something like this. The lady seemed speechless that I would actually turn this down. How would you get any work done with the travel time required.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
186 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  5:05:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly F.

I was just asked to interview for the geo team, the recruiter said it is a full 40 hr. a week job, full time.
She mentioned it would be using a tablet for inputting answers.
If anyone could answer a few questions, i'd appreciate it.
I'm trying to get a feel for what this team does.
I went thru some of the old posts so I have a couple of questions...not sure on the answer.
She said it was the Mosaic team which is now the Geo team.
Has the geo team changed in adding more hours?
Or does it depend on the store? I thought full time was 32 hrs?
With all the different teams in a Walmart, is the Geo team kinda the one that does the odd jobs no other team does or wants,Like resets etc?
Is there only 1 person on this team in a Walmart or more?
The Walmart in this entire area is very old and kinda small.
Thanks for any info guys!!

Greetings Kelly!

I'm on the Red Team working in 10 area Walmart stores, so I'll take a shot at answering at least some of your questions.

I >think< that, for legal purposes, ACOSTA defines "full time" as 32 or more hours a week, but most folks I know that are designated full time get much closer to 40 hours, depending on work load. It can change, though it hasn't for our team (yet).

We use Android-based tablets (wish they'd gone Apple but they didn't ask me).

I understand that the latest focus of ACOSTA realignment is the Mosaic team, but I haven't heard any details as to what that entails.

So far as I know, Mosaic works primarily in the electronics department, specifically with video games. I'm betting they have other duties, but I don't know what they are. They are not, primarily, a special projects team, as we have (yet) another team that does those sorts of things.

Most, if not all, of the teams have a single person on them who performs all work assigned to that team in a given Walmart. Barring work-withs or training, you will be pretty much on your own.

Some teams, such as Red and a couple others, have many stores on their routes (I have ten). Others, such as Green, have 'only' 3 (but have a ton of questions for their clients, which makes each store a full day plus endeavor). I cannot speak directly for Mosaic.

I hope that helps, even a little bit.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
186 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2015 :  5:10:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by April2013

I got a phone call about a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (Grocery) PT position. The ad was a bit misleading as it only listed 1 town on the description, when it actually is a 186 mile route 2x a week. The travel is "partially" paid. How is travel partial? Either you are at home or traveling. I personally cannot see how these companies expect someone to jump at something like this. The lady seemed speechless that I would actually turn this down. How would you get any work done with the travel time required.

ACOSTA, like most companies, makes liberal use of "commute" rules.

You are not paid for any mileage or drive time to your first store or from your last store unless it is over 60 minutes (and no one will tell me just how many miles you are expected to be able to drive in that 60 minutes). You are paid for all drive time and receive mileage going between stores. If you drive over a certain number of paid miles per month (I think it is 501), you will receive a fixed auto reimbursement plus a small per mile rate depending on gas prices; if you drive less than that, you get only mileage, again depending on the price of gas (currently in the mid-30 cents range).

It's actually better than some other companies offer, though nowhere near as generous as I've experienced in the (now very distant) past.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  1:15:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! Robert,

I work fulltime with Acosta, and I am on the GEO team and our title changed to All Team. The reason the title change we do it all, Mosaic,(Game-On), Red team, Green Team and Trac. It does make it a very busy day for us, doesn't brought me with all the work now. I drive 100 miles a day to Escanaba MI. I get the fix rate monthly now and a small mileage pay.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
186 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2015 :  5:56:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well howdy Millee!

I'd heard that Mosaic had their name changed and I'd guessed that some of their responsibilities had changed but not nearly as much of a change as what you wrote. I think we're all going to see some changes (or more changes) this coming year. I can only hope that they're all positive changes.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2015 :  7:53:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Many of you on this forum know me and we have spoke privately about my position.

For those of you who do not know I was a Unit Manager with Acosta. In the last few months I have been away from the boards due to a job change. Yes, I have the same position just with another company.

Acosta is getting extremely difficult to work with and for. I had ten year veterans of the company quit on me before I left due to the stress of all the clients.

The constant "restructuring" is also an issue. They keep doing this and lowering hours yet the same workload is still there.

What I have also seen is Mid to Top management giving themselves nice titles and raises while everyone gets laid off or has hours cut. (I.E. Director to Sr. Director) What Acosta needs is a serious management restructure on the Wal-Mart team side of things.

I worked for Acosta for seven years and had just had enough. When I started it was much,much different. However as some of you know the president of the division as well as the director both came from Wal-Mart.

Acosta is in my opinion so confused on what to to and how to work all the clients they are just in a "we don't care phase". This is making some clients leave(And as some of you know large ones)

As far as mileage I would say they are about average. However they restructure constantly to keep mileage expenses to a minimum.

Acosta used to be a good company. Now they are fixed on the bottom line. Which is get the job dome as cheaply as possible.

Now one thing about Acosta that is troubling is the fact they like to restructure at or right before Xmas time(end of the year) so that makes things worse.

If anyone has any questions etc... Please PM me privately. I can field most questions you may have about general issues such as routing, mileage, etc..

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  12:59:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know what is going on with Acosta lately??

Seems they are all over the place.. Laying off staff and having other teams compensate for the work with limited notice or knowledge.

It seems like Acosta is really going in the wrong direction these days.

Anyone feel the same?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
785 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  2:18:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds very much what has been going on at BDS/Channel Partners for a while now. Not a happy thing for sure.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
186 Posts

Posted - 04/28/2015 :  4:12:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed:

Yes.

There is- supposedly- a Grand Reorganization Plan afoot that will make ACOSTA competitive for the foreseeable future, but all I see, so far, is chaos and dropping morale.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2015 :  09:40:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
From what I am hearing Acosta is really going downhill.

Some of my former RCM's are complaining about a very large project that is being force scheduled to the different teams(Acosta RCM's will understand what I am talking about do not want to state what project is out of privacy)

This seems to be becoming common with Acosta in the last few months. Force Scheduling projects to the Green and Red teams when they have several other resources they can use such as Impact, Mosiac, and Trac teams.

That is putting alot of pressure on the already overloaded Green and Red teams because they now have to cut times and service to accommodate the "forced" scheduling.

Anyone want to give input on this subject and opinion as well about the general state of Acosta?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
186 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  2:41:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed-

"Chaos" is still the word of the day when it comes to ACOSTA.

I think the powers that be know where they want the company to go but have no idea how to get us there. Employees with many years of service are growing increasingly frustrated at, among other things, the force projects that you mentioned and one team in particular is incredibly overwhelmed with work and is continually being assigned more. We're working harder than ever and the money and conditions aren't getting any better. I do get that the business is very competitive and getting even moreso every day and that reorganization in order to stay profitable is vital, but a part- a very big part says I- of being competitive and profitable is attracting and retaining good talent, and that is where ACOSTA (and, to be fair to them, many other companies) are falling woefully short.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2015 :  5:49:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert,

Very well said. That "Team" you had mentioned I was a UM on as well as another "team" for years. Most of my former reps are still on that team. I am just hearing really disgruntled thoughts from them.

The issue with Acosta right now is the leadership team. Yes just like yourself I think Acosta wants to get places. However I think the sheer number of clients they have at the moment is what is causing the issue. I also think Acosta can use a BIG leadership change as well.

Recently I was having breakfast with a national sales manager for a large company. He told me that they were approached by Acosta for a contract. However after seeing the sheer number of clients they had already he told me they declined and would never use Acosta.

As for pay... No raises for Acosta. No thank you's. I can remember we used to get a small bonus and a thank you. Before I left we didn't even get the thank you.

But yes as you described "Chaos". I hope Acosta can get it together in the near future. However I am really afraid that they will pull an ongoing "restructure" and put 95% of the reps to PT.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2015 :  07:25:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Once again,

I am hearing really bad things about Acosta from everyone. They are continuing to do forced calls for the Green and Red teams for P&G and people are confused as to why the Purple team is not handling this. The Green team already has enough to do without a "forced call". Another strike in Acosta's confusion issue.

As well the Trac team seems to be really confused with all of the calls besides the cooler calls. It seems Acosta is dragging them in at 10 PM to do new movie releases and them making them come back in at 8 am to do the coolers the next day. They won't allow them to do both services WHILE THEY ARE IN THE STORE.

Seriously I really don't know what Acosta is doing these days. This is one of the reasons I left them. They seem to be scattering all over the place and Top management seems confused. I am guessing this will lead to potential client loss.

As well just an FYI for any employee of Acosta. I am going to warn you of a potential "realignment" yet again where alot of reps and managers will be cut. Please keep this in mind. Most of the time it is around the holidays(so nice of them to do it at that time!)

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.34 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums