Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 01/29/2016 :  5:54:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was surprised at Walmart's decision to bring back top stock in the Supercenters. They've been doing this in their Neighborhood Markets for perhaps the last year and I don't think I'd be breaking any news if I said that results were mixed-to-poor.
If there is a silver lining to that for ACOSTA, it is that the change to top stock in Neighborhood Markets did not affect the way we do our service calls at all. I'm not saying that will be the case in Supercenters, but, given the fact that Walmarts are understaffed in terms of stockers (and, in my opinion, overstaffed in management), maybe we won't see much of a change for us.
On the reset rules: Walmart has implemented a Mod Team whose responsibility it is to reset sections larger than 4'. For smaller resets, the department manager is responsible. Most of the mods are scheduled to be set overnight, so that customers are inconvenienced to the least extent possible. Mod Teams have a terrible turnover, given the hours and the slight (so I'm told) bump in pay that they receive over regular unloaders or stockers.
My guess- and it is only that- is merchandising companies will be called on to at least assist, if not complete, resets more and more often for Walmart, as there really seems to be no one else to do it. Department managers are overloaded. Mod Teams have turnover. Clients don't want to take on the hassle and expense of creating their own teams any longer. So we're all that's left.

Robert
Over 30 years in the Field
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2016 :  6:42:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am not sure what area you are in but thankfully in mine I have not seen or heard of any layoffs...
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2016 :  7:17:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Russell C.

I am not sure what area you are in but thankfully in mine I have not seen or heard of any layoffs...

With Walmart or ACOSTA?

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2016 :  5:24:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by EdMikes

Well Acosta Has done it yet again.

I am sad to say that The Green/Red as well as the flex teams just suffered more layoffs including reps as well as managers.

This is really not looking good for Acosta. It seems very constant and struggling.

Personally I am thinking it is fallout from taking on alot of clients over the past few years and now the business is on a decline partially in a Wal-Mart setting due to new policy's like CAP and top stock.

Anyone else have any thoughts as to where Acosta is headed?

With Acosta....it's been business as usual...
Go to Top of Page

Cathy008

OH
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  2:20:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call today about a "part time" position with their "Mosaic" division. The recruiter stated that it was servicing P&G products. I asked about the number of hours, and he stated around 34-37 a week. When I informed him that the State of Ohio typically considers anything over 32 hours a week for more than 4 weeks in a row to be full time (thus requiring the same benefits, overtime, etc as other company full time employees), he hung up on me!
Go to Top of Page

BeverlyAnn
Star Contributor

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  3:16:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WOW Cathy008! Sounds like Acosta might need to get their ducks in a row concerning labor laws in different states before they go around making job offers like that!! How RUDE of that person to hang up on you!!

BeverlyAnn
Silver Certified x6xbkn
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
395 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2016 :  9:32:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark has been doing it for years.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2016 :  6:07:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That recruiter made a few errors.

There is no "Mosaic team". ACOSTA acquired Mosaic some time ago and has added to their previous responsibilities a few other duties on each call. What used to be Mosaic is now called TRAC or Flex.

ACOSTA does service Proctor & Gamble, but that is done by our Purple Team.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

ChrisS
Contributor

USA
89 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2016 :  06:48:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me if Acosta is still servicing the magazine kiosks for the farm and feed stores? I'm with another company who took over the book service, but some of the stores are staying they've had no service on the mags since December.

Thanks,

ChrisS

Providing merchandising and related services to Southeastern Indiana.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 05/07/2016 :  5:54:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
For anyone interested, ACOSTA is hiring for our new Mondelez Convenience Store team.

I do not know the particulars, but I know the product line pretty well, as I used to service it when with Crossmark. The product line is Dentyne, Stride and Trident gums, Sour Patch and Swedish Fish candies and possibly a few other items (they used to be owned by Kraft).

Just visit the Acosta website and look for the Human Resources tab.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Russell C.

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2016 :  1:08:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok so Acosta really does not have any loyalty. Since responding earlier on this thread, I have seen unit managers and reps with years and years of working with Acosta get tossed aside due to 2 different sets of cutbacks while those with less experience and quality work stay on only for being a just literally being a few miles closer. It really doesn't matter how hard they work, Acosta only cares about distance. Why can't they see the cutbacks shouldn't be coming from the workers on the ground but from corporate.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
395 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2016 :  7:27:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It is called a "CYA" Covering your "A--". These corporate snobs have hardly, if ever worked in the field. They only know what their computer tells them. It's why I left merchandising in 2009. Too many trying to tell me how to do my job, when they have never done it. Same for traveling. A computer doesn't know when the school bus runs, or when a factory lets out, and screws up a rep's travel times.
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2016 :  7:22:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Russell C.

Ok so Acosta really does not have any loyalty. Since responding earlier on this thread, I have seen unit managers and reps with years and years of working with Acosta get tossed aside due to 2 different sets of cutbacks while those with less experience and quality work stay on only for being a just literally being a few miles closer. It really doesn't matter how hard they work, Acosta only cares about distance. Why can't they see the cutbacks shouldn't be coming from the workers on the ground but from corporate.

I'll take a stab at that.

Companies are scared to death of lawsuits. While not all that many of them succeed, even those that fail drain resources- read: money- from a company. And if the suit actually wins? Huge bucks (most for the lawyers of course but the point is that the companies have to pay it to somebody).

Cutting staffing is one of those areas in which the potential for a lawsuit is very, very high. So companies have to figure out the most objective means by which to make such personnel decisions, and the zip code is, they believe, the best choice. Hard to claim bias against geography.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2016 :  6:59:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it really stinks that all us PT Nestle reps now have to go full time. I had a nice 32 store route that took me about 25-30 hours a week. My "promotion" to full time was 97 stores.....not the area I live in. So my choices are, take the route and quit my other PT job, be laid off and collect, or apply to another division. I have a copy of the original posting for this job, clearly states that this position will not lead to FT work. Wonder if I can sue for misleading information.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

Bert M
Valued Contributor

Sharpsburg, MD
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 11/22/2016 :  4:58:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update on my romance with Acosta. My boss has offered me my territory again. I have applied for 14 other positions at Acosta, and received 2...yes 2 call backs. One for Virginia (I live in central Maryland) and one last friday. Still waiting to hear from that DM, called him yesterday and chatted with his voice mail. Maybe time to retire.

Roberta
Go to Top of Page

RobertH
Valued Contributor

Pinson, AL
USA
187 Posts

Posted - 11/28/2016 :  2:34:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ACOSTA does not have much of a track record when it comes to callbacks from the internal job board.

I mentioned above that ACOSTA took over service for Mondelez (used to be Kraft Confections) in not only Walmarts but also in convenience stores. Being that I had done that exact same job for Crossmark when they had the business, I visited the job board and applied for a position. Within a day, I received an automated email stating that my application had been received and that they were reviewing my qualifications.

That was in April.

That was also the last I heard from Human Resources on the subject.

In September, I wandered back over to the job bank to see if there was anything new. I actually logged into my personal portal this time, and noted that there was a status update for my application for the convenience store team. the update, dated late April, said something like "attempting to arrange telephone interview". I was never contacted, by telephone or otherwise, by human resources subsequent to the email I mentioned above.

Robert
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/25/2016 :  3:38:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if anyone could please explain what exactly the IMPACT retail sales merchandiser does for Acosta?

I used to work for Acosta several years ago, but had to move out of state due to husbands job relocation.

Do they work for Walmart only, doing like resets or special coupon jobs or other stores....like Safeway etc?

I was trying to read thru the thread but didn't find much that isn't a few years old.

Thank you in advance.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 12/27/2016 :  10:27:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The IMPACT Retail Service Merchandiser is responsible for representing Acosta, our clients, and our customers by effectively performing project work including, but not limited to, the proper implementation of plan-o-grams, new item placement, void corrections, stock rotation, building displays, and completing surveys and audits. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, quick learner, has a strong attention to detail, and works well in independent situations. They must possess excellent organizational skills, strong communication skills and the ability to build relationships with business partners.

Go to Acosta Career, to find out more about Impact teamhttps://internal-acosta.icims.com/jobs/118884/impact-retail-service-merchandiser/job
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/14/2017 :  1:34:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got asked to do an interview for the IMPACT team.
From what I've read in the past posting from over 2 years ago on Acosta it was said that they mainly do resets.
Does this still hold true?
I thought there was a team that only does the resets?
The recruiter said it would be about 15 hours a week, maybe 20.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2017 :  9:20:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sometimes I think the recruiters who call are just trying to fill their quotas.
Said it would be 15 to 20 hrs a week. Would get a tablet to work with, some drive time and mileage paid for etc.
But when DM called for interview...(was offered the job)no tablet, maybe 5 or 10 hrs a week, no mileage, no drive time.

Now I'm wondering which would be better to work for Acosta on their Impact team or Advantage as a Retail Data Collector?
Any thoughts?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.38 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums