Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

Nordstrom74
Apprentice

Jacksonville, FL
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2007 :  05:15:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not worked in Merchandising with Acosta but just recently quit my full time job with them where I worked in the Corporate office. Let's just say that it was so bad that I quit without having another job. But that may not speak for the merchandising side of things. In my department, they treated their employees horribly. Supervisors would talk about associates while on break which is a big no-no. They really need to train their managers on how to deal with people. Again, I didn't work in the merchandising field for them but thought this may give you some insight on how they treat their employees as a company.

Shannon :)
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2007 :  3:14:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK Acosta.... get those ducks in a row.
Left hand does not know what the right is doing.

Oh can you be a a reset in a an hour 60 miles from here and oh yes we will not pay mileage. What is the product... DM oh I am not sure.... how long will the said reset take DM... oh at least 10 hours.... oh sure I am sitting doing nothing I will just hop onto that reset... NO I think not.....

And why did you not offer it before....
oh forgot....

and the new plan you FORGOT to give me.....
guess my ESP was not working to know where was a revised plan out there.....

too many other companies offer good resets....
sorry Acosta.....

Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2007 :  8:55:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
looks like the recent installs of product racks all over the city have now been pulled by the stores less than a month after new "permanent" racks.... just HAD to be in by noon or else :-)

Good going Acosta.... lots of work on that one for naught....
and a rush job at that
Go to Top of Page

Laurence-MA

MA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2007 :  02:52:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So that's why the two install jobs I had planned on doing about two weeks ago got cancelled. Thanks for the input.

quote:
Originally posted by TaraSue

looks like the recent installs of product racks all over the city have now been pulled by the stores less than a month after new "permanent" racks.... just HAD to be in by noon or else :-)

Good going Acosta.... lots of work on that one for naught....
and a rush job at that

Go to Top of Page

RebeccaS
Contributor

St. Cloud, MN
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2007 :  4:02:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anyone work for the retail Acosta, going into grocery stores and doing "Campbell's resets".
I am in process of all that jazz today and would liek to hear from someone.
Please email me directly as well. Modem was fried in lightning storm on Saturday so won't be online much til thursday.

Rebecca ~ Merchandising and mystery shopping in the St. Cloud, Monticello, and Buffalo areas
Go to Top of Page

TaraSue
Star Contributor

Fort Wayne, IN
USA
384 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2007 :  8:52:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
warning they send Campbells in with camera to critique your work
and even though your plan o gram will not line up perfectly Campbells will photograph your reset and you know where it goes from there!
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2007 :  6:55:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
And another little tidbit....altho the paperwork states a Campbell's RTS reset, we have to reset all of Progresso also! I was expecting to do this for the stores with everything going into the maximizers, but not for the others.
Last year we were told not to touch Progresso, now we have to go back to the completed stores and reset on our own time. It would be nice to be told when the rules change!
Go to Top of Page

SherryJean
Contributor

New Market, TN
USA
70 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2008 :  8:40:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any new word on Acosta?

Sherry Jean
ADDICTED TO MERCHANDISING
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2008 :  5:19:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We just finished putting these racks in some Walmarts a few mths ago. All went well. I love to install these racks, although Walmart is tough compared to any other grocery store just b/c of so many people shopping. But besided that the stores loved the new racks. I cant wait till we get to Wave 2 to start again, I miss them when they are gone, lol...

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 02/14/2008 :  12:02:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working as a merchandiser for Acosta for about a month now and am very sorry I took the job. I was told that my position, even though it was p/t had medical. It does, but it's extremely limited as far as the coverage goes. The job itself requires me to do things that I wasn't told I'd have to do, like upselling merchandise to the managers at Wal-Mart. Before I started I was told I'd get mileage after deducting a total 20 miles/20 minutes. After I started I was told that I had to knock 20 miles off my mileage going to my first store AND returning home. So I lose 40 miles a day right there. I actually left a full time position in a retail store with benefits because I wanted to get out of the day-to-day retail grind, but now I am very sorry I did.

I was supposed to go to training, but missed the window for that because my supervisor took a long time to bring me on, so I've been out in the field trying to figure out what's going on. I tried to make contact with the other RSR's on my team to get their input and was told that we don't do that. I am frustrated beyond belief.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2008 :  8:52:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have any recent feedback on this company? Specifically, the grocery division.

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2008 :  3:58:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have no new feedback for you. I quit shortly after my last post. Still waiting, a month later, for my final mileage reimbursement check to come.

Good luck.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Rita60
Trainee

Symsonia, KY
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  3:37:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by Acosta(ASAP) in July and have a job coming up in Sept. involving coffee at Krogers. I was also offered a job setting up the new Campbell soup fixtures in Krogers, but declined. I haven't actually worked any jobs for them yet, but when I do I'll post. Good Luck
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  2:08:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any recent feedback? I start some resets for them next week and it sounds like they have a huge amount of work in my area.
Go to Top of Page

Danielle
Valued Contributor

Houma, LA
USA
224 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  2:37:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for them on a regular basis, they are a great company and ALWAYS pay on time. I pretty much only do resets for them and when it is slow it is slow and when it is busy it is busy. Right now we are busy reseting the front end candy for Albertsons, pretty good reset just time consuming. Also the Campbells soup fixture, you should take it, those are my favorite. But you really need a partner, we are a team of 2 and love those sets.

Danielle

Danielle Boudreaux
L&R Distributors
Reset Division
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2008 :  2:56:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info, I was starting to get worried. I took the Campbells, I guess my DM has a team of 4, with me being number 4, all lined up. I also took a Coty set at CVS. I have other regular work, so the slow will not bother me much. Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  12:58:09 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would appreciate any new feedback. Ive applied for, and have an interview in a week for a fulltime position. Having read the posts, Im a bit concerned, although, I wont be doing resets unless they are the small 4' sections, ocassionally. Its a nice territory, full benefits, car allowance ,and is a salaried position. Anyone got some good input regarding info that would be important for me to know before going into the interview, and to use for that interview??
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  4:10:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really did not have an interview, my DM just hired me. She is very nice. I work for the ASAP division doing resets and POP placement, pay is great and always on time.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  05:38:21 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Melissa-Abbe, On Feb 14 you wrote how much you regretted quiting another job to go onboard with Acosta, since time has passed, how do you feel about your position? Do you still have regrets? How about the work?
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2008 :  10:07:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
JudyK...I no longer work for Acosta. I quickly figured out that the mileage thing is common in the industry, so I learned to accept it. However, the constant pressure on us to upsell bothered me. I'm not a salesperson in any way. I found a full-time job with another company shortly after I left Acosta. That job was fine, but a few months in I applied for a DM position with yet another company, and was hired in September. I LOVE this job.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums