Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2008 :  02:49:34 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Melissa-abbe,It's super great you have found a position more to your liking, it's what we all hope for. Regarding your comment about "the mileage thing being common in the industry", please explain. Ive always been paid mileage,although presently, not the greatest. Briefly what was told to me, was they pay a car allowance, and then some other kind of pay for the amount of mileage one actually travels, which could potentially mean more money, if the auto is less than 7 yrs old. Are you familair with this?? Im trying to go into this job with as much info as possible, before I decide if it is worth accepting the position, if offered. Ive taken early retirement and am doing quite well with that,along with 3 positions in merchandising, but of course, no benefits is the down side.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  11:49:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I worked for Acosta I got .xx (I don't remember how much it was)a mile reimbursement for travel. The car program was only for full time employees so I never looked into it.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  04:46:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, just accepted a job with Acosta, still need to fill out paperwork. Need some answers for questions that I should have asked. Is pay still every 2 weeks, or has that changed? Any special day for DD? I was told no drive time, is any mileage paid? I will be doing "project" work, She didn't not say a dedicated team or which stores. I seen the paperwork is going to Omega, are they the payroll company? Any other problems that have come up lately??

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  09:40:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I currently work for them, DD is every other Friday, like clockwork. I do not get mileage or drive time. I have no problems with this company. Love my DM.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:17:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, would DD be on this Friday, or last Friday? Do you have alot of work, I'm hoping about 10-20 hours per week. Anymore than that might be too much.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  12:00:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
DD will be 12/5. You can accept or reject as much work as you want, they use naturalinsight.com .
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  4:38:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The DD for 12/5 would cover what time period? After I agreed to work for them, my SMP supervisor gave me another rep's work. Now I not sure how much more work I can take on.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  06:21:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have work in January yet? I hired on and was told that when the January work posts, I should have some. I keep looking, but nothing.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  07:43:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Marla, what type of work are they offering? I wish I could find more permanent part time ongoing work.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/04/2009 :  07:46:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Don't know, I know it's supposed to be self-assign type work. They keep advertising for IN and I do have a sign on, but no work so far. I can send you the DM's email if you wish. Have you talked to Kathy at Convergence lately, she said they are picking up more and more work. Right now, without doing any previous work for them, I have about 35 hrs for Jan/Feb so far.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  07:54:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF you could sent me your DM email and/or phone that would be great. I'm signed up with so many companies and their subsidiaries I don't know who is who anymore.
I've given up on Convergence all together. I call and never hear back, I sign up for work and don't hear anything. I like better communication than that. Several times I've tried to log on and for some reason I can't get on the site, then when I call the hotline I get no response.

Terri
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  4:18:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ok, expect an email from me. I understand the idea of not remembering who is with who. Me too.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TVaughn
Contributor

USA
94 Posts

Posted - 01/07/2009 :  06:06:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got your emails Marla, Thanks!
Terri

Terri
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  1:05:02 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question for all our acosta employee's. Are you familair with the colored teams, red, blue, green and gold? Im not sure if all are fulltimers, but wonder, what kind of experiences you have working for them. In this state Acosta is a well respected company, yet, my experience during training, was horrible.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2009 :  1:54:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I haven't work any jobs for them yet. I also have not heard anything regarding colors either. I was hired for "project work" primarily.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  3:06:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I find this company to be a little unorganized. They also tend to make promises they cannot keep.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 01/10/2009 :  3:24:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My DM said that there was overnight work, but I don't do "overnight". I am NOT counting on alot of work from them, alittle would be nice, just to get some experience with them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2009 :  06:43:43 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Back in January, I posted comments regarding Acosta. I was hired fulltime, and was excited to start. The wages APPEARED to be excellent,and the work appealed to me as it was right up my alley. I was being trained working with gals that came into the individual stores I would be assigned out of town, for the first week.Each arrived 2-3 hours late for the appointed times and were totally unprepared. The second week, I would work with the RM. This was one of the worst experiences Ive ever had in retail in my 29 years. At the end of the second week, I QUIT!! I wont go into the details, except to say, I didnt want my integrity/honesty ever to be questioned. Because I had only recently quit my other retailing positions to take this position, I applied for Unemployment Comp. During UC's investigation of my employment with Acosta, it was found that the pay for especially the use of ones own vehicle, (which was based on the fuel mileage and operating costs of a Ford vehicle) was extremly unfair,paying pennies per mile,instead of dollars for your vehicle, as were the wages, for this particular job and area. I received UC because of those differences. Here in WI. Acosta has a great reputation, but, I think like most companies, it all depends on what division you work in,and the supervisor you have. It took several weeks to get all the various pay outs I had coming, just as another poster stated.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  3:42:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got a call from Acosta to meet tomorrow for the drug test etc. to be hired. The lady was very nice. Pay is double digits. Mileage paid after first 20 miles and drive time after first hour. She did say that there would not be a lot of work in my direct area but i did say i travel to 5 cities to work in and around my area which she said would help. Thanks for any info.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 07/22/2009 :  3:58:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hired on, and was expecting work in January. It never appeared. I am now on my 2nd DM, still no work for me. Nothing except a couple of overnight jobs showed on my portal. I'm NOT waiting for them.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.56 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums