Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

David123
Apprentice

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  08:03:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understood that Acosta had recently taken over the merchandising of the trading card displays in Walmart from Beckett Associates. Is anyone seeing any additional work from that?
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2009 :  7:38:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
O.K. I went and did the drug test and signed off for the background check. She said the there is alot of paper work that will come from Acosta before i'm hired. She also mentioned that Acosta was going to be changing to a new system and they weren't going to be hiring(at least in my area) for awhile until they get their new system in place and up and running. I was just about the last one hired in my area. She had to have all the paper work done by noon today. So i'm hoping that when they have their new system in place that there will be more work.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

IvetteG

Sicklerville, NJ
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  10:54:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello, My brother works for this company and says its great. He gets plenty of work, his DM communicates great with him. He is a Full timer and has no complaints.

Ivette
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  9:34:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did like the lady that called and meet me to sign papers. She said she will be my supervisor. She was very nice and so glad that she didn't have to train me and that I had been a team lead on a few projects. She answers her emails and actually takes her calls and is very polite in the process. I just let one job go because the DM never answered emails or calls but wants you to do jobs with just few hours notice.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  3:42:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If someone could answer this question,i'd love it! i just received my packet of papers in the mail. I ran into the Acosta girl in my store and she was kinda suprised that i was hired for my area. When i asked what team she was on she said the "green" team and her supervisor is not the same person who hired me and she had a box of Beckett cards in her cart. I know the "gold team" does resets and merchandising i think from what i read. When i asked the supervisor who hired me what the different color teams mean she had never heard of Acosta having different color teams. So can anyone who works for Acosta please tell us what the different color teams mean or if you are on a color team what do you do? I want to be sure when i make the call to go over my hire paper work if i'm given a choice i know what i'm getting into team wise. Thanks so much.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  04:44:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for ASAP which is a division of Acosta. My husband works for Acosta. As far as I know we do not have colors in our area. I have helped the Acosta reps on several resets and have never heard colors mentioned.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  08:28:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When I worked for Acosta I was on the "green" team. I didn't do any resets; instead I basically audited items at Wal-Marts, in the grocery department. I had a laptop, and answered my questions on it. If something wasn't in the set I was supposed to try and get it cut in, but 9 out of 10 times the store refused to let me. An acquaintance of mine was working on another team, but I forget which color she was. She did the same job, but in the HBA sections. She also covered more stores than just Wal-Mart. She was full-time; I was part-time, although there were other full-time "green team" members in my district.

I am a DM with another company now and we occasionally do resets with Acosta, Prism, and Advantage. I haven't heard of any of those teams being a color.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  10:17:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone who has worked for Acosta tell me what the ASAP division is for this company? I just found out that the lady who will be my supervisor is the ASAP supervisor. Thank you Melissa. You mention a laptop. They did not supply that did they? I know, who would supply you with a laptop these days. I guess i'll finally need to breakdown and buy one after all.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  3:46:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, yes, they did supply the laptop. It was one of those notebook ones with a stylus that you can write on the screen with. I could get on the internet with it, but I never did.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  3:48:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ASAP is Acosta Sets and Projects. I do not have regular work, but I have plenty. I do not use a laptop. Most of my work is resets and audits.
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  5:11:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, if you are in the reset division, you might end up working in the same Albertsons you worked in for Driveline.

Driveline has all the NICIs and small updates in all of them, but Acosta does resets in some of those stores, as well.

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  8:10:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the info guys. I work the Walmart for Driveline(small jobs now),i've never worked in an Albertons,i'm not sure they have one around here, except maybe in Olympia. My new hire paper work phone interview(i guess that's what you would call it) is tomorrow afternoon. So i'll be sure to try and remember to ask a few questions. Thanks again!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  4:42:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I went thru the phone interview, new hire procedure and sent off the completed paper work with the notary last week. Just called and it is being sent off to Jackson. So we'll see how much work there is and what kind. Seems like everyone here likes working for them,that's good to know.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  11:58:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just finished the Campbells soup reset 2 days ago and have the frozen food this coming Monday. Nice that you get to work with a team. One of my other companies that i'm almost always the team lead on i rarely have any one show up from the team thats assigned if it's a big reset or shelf conversion. So far Acosta is very nice to work for.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  2:59:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

My mom applied for a position with Acosta at a military base in Delaware. What kind of merchandising is done at the bases if anyone knows? Also she is trying to get ahold of the Delaware recruiter to follow up on her application and the Acosta website and original job posting does not list any contacts. If someone could give me a name, number, and/or email I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  3:41:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone noticed that there is not alot of work lately? I did 2 jobs awhile ago and now there doesn't seem to be alot from this company. Just wondering here.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  5:27:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kristie, if the base has a PX, there would merchandising there the same as any 'store'.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Lisa1961
Contributor

Tupelo, MS
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 10/20/2009 :  07:25:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone completed the Kraft Baking Center. Is the display hard to build?

Lisa
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2009 :  8:49:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got a job installing the campbells racks in top foods in 2 weeks. Are they hard to put together? I'll be driving 2 hours away in the dark to a remote store to be there by 7:00 am,so i wondering if it's going to be worth it and how hard it will be.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/01/2009 :  2:43:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
These are easy, I have done them for 2 years now. You really do not put the racks together, I advise unloading the old one and installing the new one, one at a time. Connect the racks before filling the second one. The racks are about 4 foot long and come in a box already put together.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums