Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 11/02/2009 :  7:11:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Jenny. Now i'm wondering if i'll only be working 2 or 3 hours after driving 2 hours to get there. I was hoping for the 7 hours listed for the job or at least 5.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  02:43:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How many racks? They take about an hour a piece.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  2:55:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Has anyone started getting more work here in Wa with the new area manager? I haven't had much in awhile.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  4:14:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone think the "reorganization" is causing more problems than good? I live in a rural area, but am more than happy to drive to the city for an all day reset. I used to have a lot, now I can't have any because I am not in the right "territory".
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
552 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2010 :  5:21:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My new manager said there would be alot more work coming up becasue of new contracts they just aquired at the start of the new year,so we'll see.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/17/2010 :  04:35:29 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just accepted an offer for a 'Retail Service Merchandiser' position with Acosta in my area. The lady that I spoke with didn't have too many specifics, but hopefully I'll find out more prior to my end-of-month start date. At least maybe it will be some more hours to add to the mix!

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

PsyJen

Albany, GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  4:54:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
hi brian, im right south of you in albany. i was thinking of applying for same position here. do you have any idea of the number of hours or clue to what the position is about? thanks!!
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 02/23/2010 :  5:54:37 PM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not yet...I've gotten some new hire info in the mail, but no job details. Supposed to have online training on Friday, so I should know more then. As for hours, the lady that I spoke with that extended the job offer said up to 35/week.

Brian
MSPA Silver Certified - Contact me for your shopping and merchandising needs in Columbus, GA and Phenix City, AL
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
55 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  12:39:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was interested in applying for a couple of open positions with Acosta. One thing that does concern me is that the jobs all say you must be able to lift 60+ pounds. Do any of you actually lift 60+ pounds? I could lift up to 40 but 60 may be too much.

Ann
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  12:54:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have only done 1 job for them, under the ASAP side, and it was no way near being 60 pounds.

Another question, what is the pay schedule? I can't seem to find it, and I'm waiting on the check for the 1 job that I did 3/30.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  1:04:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You'll get paid for that on 4/23
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  1:15:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I now work for the KOMPASS division, and yes sometimes I do have to lift some heavy stuff, but not very often.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2780 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  05:16:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Birgit, I was wondering.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JeffAL

Birmingham, AL
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2010 :  10:29:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just hired on for a 32 hr/week position, but the recruiter didn't give me much info other than that. Does Acosta use NaturalInsight for all work now? I'm just wondering if this position will be a reset team or simply a project based position where I pick up work (both projects and sets) on NI similar to Advantage. Anyone else in one of these 32 hour a week positions that can offer feedback? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 05/16/2010 :  3:57:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do, it's Kompass. I have a homestore,my local Kroger and I do all of their resets. I love it. I get a schedule 4 weeks at a time. Yes, you will report it on Natural insights. Good luck!
Go to Top of Page

.Keisha_R
Inactive

Martinez, GA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2010 :  07:44:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was recently hired by acosta and am having a problem completing the new hire paperwork because I can't get into acosta university. Did anyone else have a problem getting into it?? I emailed AU but haven't received a reply from them nor from my supervisor.

Keisha
Go to Top of Page

BrianInGA
Valued Contributor

Columbus, GA
USA
148 Posts

Posted - 06/07/2010 :  04:10:52 AM  Send BrianInGA an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You've probably already done this, but try different browsers. Seems like for me it worked better with some than others, but I can't remember which one. Also, make sure all pop-up blockers are turned off in case it's trying to launch as a separate window after login. Good luck!

Brian
Go to Top of Page

.Keisha_R
Inactive

Martinez, GA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 06/09/2010 :  5:31:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Will do, thanks Brian

Keisha
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  9:56:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi all,
There is an opening for a Retail Merchandiser - Project in my area. Can someone please tell me what kind of jobs this Merchandiser is reponsible for and how the hourly pay is?

Thanks all!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
745 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  3:59:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say beware of this company. I have been ASAP for 2 1/2 years, have a KOMPASS store, and wanted to become Acosta for the benefits. I went to take the drug test and had trouble giving a large enough sample. I was told to request a new order form and come back. I did this, did not hear from anyone for 4 days, only to be fired with no reason. I was simply told I do not meet company specifications. Just like that, all my work is re-assigned and I no longer have a job, just because I wanted benefits. My DM had nothing to say, he did not call me, I called him. BEWARE. I am not t he first.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.44 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums