Page: of 21

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 06/24/2010 :  6:54:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny,
ASAP has benefits. I think that the only benefit for Acosta is that they get paid mileage. They also get hours first, but they do not have choice as to where they are sent. Perhaps emailing your supervisor would help?
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2010 :  02:30:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, but I was terminated and told that once they make a decision, it is irreversible. I was not offered benefits through ASAP.
Go to Top of Page

Carla4Progress
Apprentice

Houston, TX
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 07/14/2010 :  4:47:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for reset project work and was eventually contacted by a project manager to be assigned to team. I was told that I would be receiving an email to continue on in the process of hiring on. After 1 month of repeatedly calling this individual and no return phone call, I finally reached him only to be told that someone would follow up. You guessed it--no one ever did. Not only was this PM not very professional in their delivery of the company line, but to not respond to someone who you contacted in the first place, who has enough dedication and motivation to continue pursuing contact regardless, seems demonstrative of what kind of company behavior you can expect should you work for them. I give 'em a thumbs down for that.

Carla
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 07/23/2010 :  2:59:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update, I was rehired the next day and allowed to retest after contacting my old boss, who had a little pull. I have been off for medical but go back Monday and really do like this company. That little upset was just poorly handled.
Go to Top of Page

MHostrup

Hollywood, FL
USA
20 Posts

Posted - 07/31/2010 :  08:01:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
do they do only resets? I have only seen them in grocery stores so far myself

Mary Beth
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2010 :  06:51:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, mostly resets. Occasionally I get an audit or new item cut-in.
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2010 :  8:14:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone doing the "cartbuster" project for Acosta/ASAP? If so, any tips on making it go smoothly on Labor Day? TIA
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2010 :  08:23:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We were told that we could not be in the stores on Labor DAy, good luck to you. I did the last round of cartbuster and did not find it as difficult making the cart as it was finding the POP. LOL.
Go to Top of Page

Kamy777
Contributor

USA
57 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  1:07:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there any recent feedback from this company -- they advertised awhile back for my area for merchandisers, but just got a call today with a verbal job offer pending drug test and background check! The person hiring said it would be team resets in a grocery chain. Any recent feedback would be deeply appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2010 :  2:30:03 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I still work for the as a Kompass rep, the only issue I have is that the work drops off during the holiday season because it is a grocery store. Pay is DD, always right on time.
Go to Top of Page

AnnCamp
Contributor

USA
59 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2010 :  12:13:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was looking a Retail Coverage Merchandiser (MJ) job. Anyone know what the (MJ) means? Also, what is Kompass? Thanks!

Ann
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2010 :  2:33:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Not sure about the MJ. Kompass means I have a homestore, usually Mon-Thurs. Min is Kroger and I get a regular schedule of all of their resets. 32-40 hours every week, except holiday weeks.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2010 :  06:39:42 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have noticed a good number of positions available with Acosta recently in towns that had been part of a territory, serviced by a single rep. What has changed with the company? Has there been changes made where reps are hired in each town, instead of having reps travel? Just curious.
Go to Top of Page

Connie23

USA
42 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  10:26:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are any of you ASAP merchandisers getting any work? It seems my dashboard has been blank for ever! TIA
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  1:12:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a Kompass store through Acosta, and no, we shut down for 6 weeks. We were told we could take unemployment or project work. I chose project work and I do have about 6 resets over the next 3 weeks, but really not like it should be. Thank goodness I have 2 other companies.
Go to Top of Page

.Keisha_R
Inactive

Martinez, GA
USA
56 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2010 :  6:59:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nope no work on my dashboard either and believe me I look everyday.

Keisha
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2010 :  7:11:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny,

You can still claim unemployment while doing the project work. Open up a claim, citing the reason as being "lack of work". As long as you are not working you regular hours and are under whatever $ limit they set for you, you will be able to claim. It's what we all do over the holidays. :-)
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2010 :  03:02:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Birgit, Thanks I have never filed unemployment before. I will try all they can say is no.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
389 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2010 :  4:02:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Acosta was advertising for regular grocery reset reps in my area on all the internet boards, as well as local newspaper. I applied right away. Been doing merchandising since 1994. Resets a speciality. Never heard word one from anyone at Acosta. I mention that I am able to travel to other areas if needed. They too, like other companies are not on my favorites list. It seems that they want new people so they can pay less.
Go to Top of Page

Birgit White
Contributor

Hamburg, PA
USA
53 Posts

Posted - 11/21/2010 :  4:53:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robert,

Good luck hearing from their new "recruiters". The DM can no longer do the hiring, it all goes thru an office in FL. Maybe after their fiscal year starts they'll be contacting people? Not much going on now until the new year anyways.

As for the pay, it has remained steady. In fact, some newbies are getting more than people that have been with the company for years, so I don't know where the less pay is coming from. Acosta is a great company to work for, very fair, great managers, easy to contact....love working for them, one of my favorite companies of the many I work for.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums