Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Valerie54527
Contributor

Glidden, Wisconsin
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 10/30/2008 :  10:48:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just took a job with them as a "dedicated" team. Now does this mean that any merchandising Crossmark does in the store will go to me? I meet with my DM next Wednesday so I am thinking that assignments will post on salestrak after that. Any quick tips on salestrak would be nice also, boy oh boy there's alot going on in there, lol!
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/31/2008 :  05:44:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Valerie, Congrat on you new job. Dedicated Teams are dedicated to one company and their products. As for Sales TrakNG it is a very easy program, there are training sessions for you to view. They will be listed in the left hand corner of you web-page. Good Luck.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  12:33:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have info on the Information Data Collector type of job? Pay, hours, or anything? I applied since they had an opening in Lafayette. Is it something that I will need to travel much with for meetings? I am considering something more with one company, instead of several. Putting more eggs in one basket. Might be stupid idea.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Marilyn B
Valued Contributor

Buffalo, New York
USA
188 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  1:16:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, could you help me out? I'm interested in that new demo job. Do you recall if that email said anything about how much it pays? The job posted doesn't mention this. Also are you employed by the company or are you considered an independent contractor? Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  4:38:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired to do demos. it pays 10.00 an hour and you are employed by the company you are not an independent contractor. and the kits are mailed to the store so sometimes it is hard to find the kits because you do not know where the store put them. Also you do not have to bring a table to the store the tables are at the store too.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  6:00:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MarlaB

Does anyone have info on the Information Data Collector type of job? Pay, hours, or anything? I applied since they had an opening in Lafayette. Is it something that I will need to travel much with for meetings? I am considering something more with one company, instead of several. Putting more eggs in one basket. Might be stupid idea.

Is that the scanning job at the stores? If so, you are paid by the hour.

>^..^< ::¤Connie¤::¤Gold Certified¤:: >^..^<
Go to Top of Page

JenNova
Contributor

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 11/05/2008 :  6:15:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, it depends which area you are in but it is somewhere in the $10-12ish range. You will be assigned a route and visit the store every week to collect displays with a PDA. In addition, one completes surveys that come up for various companies in your assigned stores. Some weeks you might have no surveys and others you might have quite a few. No matter what,one collects displays every week so guaranteed hours. It requires walking, standing and bending but no real lifting.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2008 :  06:27:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds good, walking, standing and most bending is ok. The lifting is getting the better of me. Pay is in the ok range also. Now just hire me. Please.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Dondra
Apprentice

Dallas, GA
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 11/12/2008 :  4:49:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
does anyone know anything about DATA COLLECTION ASSOC - REG PT.
for CROSSMARK?

Dondra
Go to Top of Page

SJRBritt

Murfreesboro, TN
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  3:12:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tried this for a few weeks. Ended up causing back problems for me; but, most people should think its pretty easy. Basically, you are scanning displays in a store every week. You just start at the front of the store and go through scanning the upc for every item in each display. There are also weekly surveys that change from week to week. This is what got my back. For that it is mostly scanning every upc on every shelf for every shelving section of a particular product type and entering in some data for it. For instance, a clothing treatment survey requires you to scan all the laundry and fabric care items and enter the selling price and the sale price. This was too much time spent with my neck bent down looking at the scanner. It really isn't a hard job. Other merch jobs pay more; but, this is pretty consistant work each week.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  6:07:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I scanned for over a year and it is not hard at all; sort of fun. You are assigned several stores a week and you have a range of days to do them. You only scan displays and endcaps. The scanning goes very fast and I can do a drug store in 1-1/2 to 2 hours. (bonus if you can scan at a certain %) Some people love the surveys, as it's extra money. I did not get any in one of my store and only 2-3 times a year for the drug store. You are paid for the training and non-commuter miles. It is very easy to work 6-10 hours of scanning a week into your ms'ing or merchandising schedule, as the hours are extremely flexible. It's a guarantee packcheck and the work is easy - no paperwork at all.

Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2008 :  6:08:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a Data Collecter for Crossmark which recently purchased my former company. Its a bit more involved than just simple scanning. You have to pay attention to details and the varied data that is collected. I have been doing this quite awhile and I do like it. Hope that helps someone. M
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  07:28:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Connie, I actually know where you live. I lived in North Tampa/Lutz area for about 8 yrs.

Thanks all for info on scanning.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ValricoConnie
Star Contributor

FL
USA
1083 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  12:58:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A sunny hello to you, MarlaB. I sent you a private email.

Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2008 :  1:00:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
back to ya

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Kimberly T
Trainee

Aiken, SC
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 11/18/2008 :  08:31:47 AM  Send Kimberly T an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Any thoughts or info on being a fulltime merchandiser for Crossmark with a dedicated team at convenience stores/grocery? Benefits that you know of? I have always worked part-time, several part-time jobs in fact and I'm a little reluctant to look into the fulltime, I'm afraid it would take away my freedom. They say it's 40 hr. work weeks, I'm wondering if that includes the driving from store to store or the paperwork.

Kimberly T
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  5:34:14 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked on a dedicated convenience store team for Cadbury a few years ago. Im sure you will work 40, but, also have drivetime hours involved. Talking just today, with my RM, she brought up the team and how hard it is for the DM to keep help. The demands are much more strict today than back when I did it. Now they expect sales in every store, regardless of its size, or location. When a rep is covering many stores you have to realize, which they dont, is that sometimes a sale isnt easy to get, if at all. I had 151 stores and at that time, sales werent mandatory, thank god, or Id have been in deep do-do and out of a job. Wish you the best of luck in this adventure.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  5:39:29 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Im sorry to not answer your questions regarding drivetime and paperwork. Some teams pay for administration time, which would include your paperwork. Also, drivetime is paid at the hourly rate you were quoted. Some teams hourly pay isnt as good as others, and if you are making 10 dollars an hour on one team ,and transfer to another, the new team is not obligated to pay you that same amount per hour.
Go to Top of Page

TinaMarie
Star Contributor

USA
1811 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2008 :  9:40:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JudyK

I worked on a dedicated convenience store team for Cadbury a few years ago. Im sure you will work 40, but, also have drivetime hours involved. Talking just today, with my RM, she brought up the team and how hard it is for the DM to keep help. The demands are much more strict today than back when I did it. Now they expect sales in every store, regardless of its size, or location. When a rep is covering many stores you have to realize, which they dont, is that sometimes a sale isnt easy to get, if at all. I had 151 stores and at that time, sales werent mandatory, thank god, or Id have been in deep do-do and out of a job. Wish you the best of luck in this adventure.

What does that mean about requiring sales in the store?

~*~TinaMarie~*~
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  11:00:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know about the sales quotas that have to be met for the new Walmart sample/demo teams? (How much you have to sell, what happens if you don't sell enough of the product, how sales are kept track of, etc.??) Also, how many reps per Walmart are there going to be?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums