Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/20/2008 :  7:24:30 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
While doing the convenience stores is very easy, trying to do sell in of new product items is very difficult. Meaning: new flavors, sizes or packaging are constantly changing. When a chewing gum, for isntance, comes out in a new flavor, you are expected to gain a spot on their shelf and a sale from the store manager for placement of this item. Sometimes stores are too small, or, located in a very small community, and overall, doesnt have alot of space for all the new items that come out. This is where trying to sell in new items becomes impossible, yet, you are expected to make sales in that store.
Go to Top of Page

RachelW

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 11/23/2008 :  4:30:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am new to Crossmark and have a question. How long will it take for a plan to appear on your schedule? I'm supposed to be starting a job tomorrow and so far it hasn't appeared on my schedule. Just a little nervous.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  04:45:06 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You might want to call your RM to get the answer. If you were supposed to do a project today, it would appear in salestrak at least the night before, if it was specially assigned. You may have to wait until tonight to see if its in the system, I dont think anyone would be working over the weekend to add it on. Otherwise, schedules come out the first of the month, at least for most of us.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  08:33:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you all employees of Crossmark? I applied to a company called Crossmark several months back, not to a particular ad, but just filled out a profile on their website and am able to search for jobs there, is this the same company?

Karito
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  11:15:58 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am an employee, and have worked in various divisions of the company, for going on 9 years. If interested in a positon with the company, one can go directly to their online site, click on careers,scroll the state you reside in, then scroll down and check for available work in your city. If nothing shows up,do a search for ALL available work in your state. If still nothing shows up, then apply, as all new hiring is done directly through the Texas office. Over the years Ive had great RMs' and plenty of work,and have experienced many cutback of hours, but overal, Ive very much enjoyed my employment with this company.
Go to Top of Page

KaritoWA
Star Contributor

WA
USA
335 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  6:14:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JudyK

I am an employee, and have worked in various divisions of the company, for going on 9 years. If interested in a positon with the company, one can go directly to their online site, click on careers,scroll the state you reside in, then scroll down and check for available work in your city. If nothing shows up,do a search for ALL available work in your state. If still nothing shows up, then apply, as all new hiring is done directly through the Texas office. Over the years Ive had great RMs' and plenty of work,and have experienced many cutback of hours, but overal, Ive very much enjoyed my employment with this company.

Thank you Judy. I did get confused after searching for my city and then state with no results. I'm going to go back to the website again.

Karito
Go to Top of Page

Sharyn 101

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  3:17:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I Emailed Crossmark and asked them if they are going to be handling the demos in Northern NY and they Emailed me right back and said that right now they don't know which states they will be conducting the demos in for Walmart.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  3:35:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be sure and check with Advantage, they are dividing the stores equally between the two companies.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  4:58:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a phone call from Crossmark today about the program that will be starting in January. It just so happens that the Walmart that I work at is not on the schedule. They told me that they have some other areas open. Does anyone know why a certain place is not available? Is it because they have enough people in that store already? They told me it was going to be four days a week when it starts. I have a friend who worked for them but they only worked once a week doing the demos in the store. Does anyone know the answer to these questions/ thanks. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 11/25/2008 :  5:18:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wondering that myself?

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  04:26:12 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope I can answer this as it happens alot. When a contract is signed to perform work only in certain Wal-Mart stores, or any store for that matter, generally the top selling stores of that product(s)are chosen for service that carry that merchandise. I believe Wal-Mart has 3500 stores, located in every major city, and small town. The small town store may sell 500 of item A, and the larger store may only sell 100,so service would be directed to the small store that sells the most of the product that the information is gathered for. Manufacturers want to know if product A is on the shelf, how many facings,the locations in the department, and possibly if there are any secondary displays throughout the store, the price and possibly more questions. Wal-Mart Corp., also wants to make sure compliance is held to a high standard for the manufactures of the product that are paying for space on the shelf.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  04:29:33 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would think demo's would work the same, as you are in a store to promote this product, and hopefully to increase the sales of the item. If you have visited any number of stores, you might find that all wal-marts do not carry all the same items, whether it be in grocery or the main store.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  05:50:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judy. You see, the Walmart that I live near does a lot of business, more so in the Summer, I live on Catawba Island in Port Clinton, Ohio. This is a tourist town and we are slow in the Winter, defintely compared to the Summer Months. Fremont and Sandusky, Ohio are busy all of the time. My Friend who did demos for Crossmark for some events when the pilot program was going on between January and April of last year has not been emailed or called of any events here at Walmart starting January 29. Kind of weird. oh, well. I just know that I want to be here working and not having to drive 1/2 an hour or even 25 minutes for four days. We will see. I have to think about it because right now I do work for other Demo and Marketing Companies and they do go to other stores - Kmarts, Walmarts, Save a Lots, Thanks again for the information. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  06:20:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry,

Unless you friend has re-applied, she may not be considered. This is a new program and it is going to be a Dedicated Team.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  09:21:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Maralyn and Judy,
I received another phone call this a.m. from Crossmark. The Gentleman that I talked to called me because of my application for the two different areas - Fremont and Sandusky,Ohio. He told me that the demos will be 4 days a week and they will be using 4 demonstrators for each day and you do have to work every week. I did not jump aboard for this at this time. He also told me that there are 3 phases to the program and the phase and area that I want to work(5 minutes from the walmart) will be starting in March. I could have started at the end of January for Sandusky or Fremont(that is the first phase)and then be transferred later. I do not want to do that. I will wait and if the Lord wills for me to work in March at this store then that is where I desire to be. Thanks for everyones input. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  09:27:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the Advantage website address?

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  09:41:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What I am still wondering is if your store is not showing up for the first round{end of Jan} does that mean that other demo companies can still hold events?

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

JanJojo
Star Contributor

West Virginia
USA
42759 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:03:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Demos Express has still been doing demos in the Walmarts that
I was doing demos in.

Janette Johnson
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  10:25:15 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I work for Demos Express as well and they are still working some in my Walmart and even in Sandusky but starting Jan. 29 at Sandusky it will be Crossmark. I am assuming that others will still be in here but like I said I am assuming. This Gentleman who called me said Port Clinton is on the 3rd phase - starting March that they will be in here.
If interested, go to Crossmark.com and see the announcement by Crossmark and Walmart of new program with demos.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  09:09:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just applied for the data collection job in my area, about how long should I expect to wait to hear back?, that is if they are interested .

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition о Copyright й All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums