Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  11:44:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for the data collection job in my area also. Never heard back about my area, just in other areas too far away.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  3:02:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a data collector for them and I can only say be patient, and make sure you got to the right person. Nielsen had a different system so I m not sure how Crossmark will be hiring. I came from Nielsen. A lot of things have changed so I m not sure how they are handling that whole process. Mia

Mia
Go to Top of Page

Kelly M
Valued Contributor

Clarksville, Arkansas
USA
209 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2008 :  3:48:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, I applied and then within a couple of hours the listing was gone as well as it not showing up where I had applied, WIERD Does that mean it was filled or an error in the listing? They did not even have it listed long enough to have an interview with anyone etc.Oh well!!

Kelly M
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2008 :  04:38:46 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Be patient, just because the listing was removed, doesnt mean youve lost out. You were able to apply for the position, werent you? If you did, then wait a week or two for the company to contact the RM in your area, then also time for that person to find the time to go over your qualifications and contact you. With the holidays upon us, you have to expect theyll be slow to hire, as theyve got tons of work that still has to be performed, and hiring for a position at this time might be the last thing on their mind. I recently resigned three positions,one of which with Crossmark. Ive seen no posting of the job yet, but know that theyre working at trying to fill the position as soon after the New Year as possible,if not sooner. With the stores being so busy,it is also very hard to get in and do the necessary training. Also, there are alot of merchandisers that dont want to train during this period with Christmas so close. Give them time, theyll get to you.
Go to Top of Page

Deby P
Valued Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  3:05:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You were right,being patient pays off. I got home today, & received a call from the local RM today. He is doing interviews later this week. I left a message saying I was still interested.

Deby P
Serving Orlando and beyond
MSPA Silver Certifed
Study in process for Gold
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  4:15:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Deby, how long ago did you apply??

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Deby P
Valued Contributor

Orlando, FL
USA
139 Posts

Posted - 12/08/2008 :  8:41:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied early in November. I received an email about the job November 21. I replied and answered them the same day. About a week later, I received a call from the recruiter. After a couple of days of phone tag, I had my interview with the recruiter. He then, said he was passing on my name & info to the local RM. Now I have an interview with him on Thursday(11th).

Deby P
Serving Orlando and beyond
MSPA Silver Certifed
Study in process for Gold
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  01:51:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied last October (2007) and wasn't hired for 8 months.

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 12/09/2008 :  04:01:45 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ok, then I need to be patient. Not one of my best traits.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 12/30/2008 :  12:27:35 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
According to my RM, it all swings into motion after the first of the year. Get you AP's in so you can get on a team near you.
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/02/2009 :  4:09:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company doesn't appreciate their employees. First things were going really good then all of a sudden they dropped my hours to practically nothing I went from 22 hours to one hour and a half. One time they gave me 14.5 hours and then they took fourteen hours away from me. I showed up for resets that other people didn't show up for. There was one time I waited two and a half hours for the team lead of a reset to show up. They would send me e-mails thanking me for my 100% executions. I received an e-mail from the chairman of the company saying how the company has all these new contracts and they are going to break records. but no hours for me. Work hard for them they will just screw you I ended up writing a letter saying I took a job with WIS and then I wrote that this company took a contract away from your company

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  06:17:40 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shel,you arent the only one that has experienced such as you describe involving this company. Much that we experience is team related, and the company that we represent in that team. We reps go into the stores, gather information, then that information is sent on to the company. From there, they make decisions as to what they want to continue doing,plus, changes they want to make. Some of those answers we gathered contributed to the demise of servicing alot of stores. The "company" decides to change its focus, thus eliminating stores that we would otherwise service for a specified time allotment. Now instead of spending 90 minutes, we're cut to 30 minute visits, or, they are cut altogether depending on the stats theyve acquired through our auditing. You cant take it personally when you lose the majority of your work. I think a good many of us learned the hard way not to depend on any one job. This is why so many work for 3 or more companies. It is funny, the primary employer all of a sudden becomes less important to your income, as the other companies services increase. We know how devastating it can be to lose income you depend on, just keep visiting the job sites, such as NARMS, youll find other companies to work for that will fill the void. I sincerely hope WIS in your area is better than the reputation it has in this state. You may be happy now, but down the road it may all make sense. Keep your options open and keep looking, you may find the employer to fit your needs. I recently resigned a position with Crossmark to go fulltime with another well known reputabal company, as I too, wore out from all the dramatic service changes.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  06:41:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Judy, I work for Crossmark too, we have all been cut on our hours. Crossmark or any other Marketing Company can only give you the hours that the company they are representing will allot. Don't close doors, just move on. One of my friends is a Team Leader for WIS, they are without work and have been for about 6 weeks. As Judy pointed out, find work with several companies. One other thing, when a company looses a contract, they are generally underbid, so therefore the company that got the contract will not be able to pay as much as the orginal company. Just facts of life, that is business.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  07:16:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know WIS has an ad in NARMS for my area. Funny thing is that I used to live near when their office is. I have noticed that one company may tell us merchandisers that "they might" get a certain job, but then another company that we work for actually "gets" that specific job.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  11:24:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The reason Crossmark lost the contract that WIS got is because the reps with crossmark did not show up for the resets. WIS is paying me more money to do the resets in these stores then Crossmark did. I also work for more companies than Crossmark

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/03/2009 :  1:41:22 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Your response gives me the feeling that youre blaming ALL of Crossmark for the problems you encountered. Crossmark, has many, many different divisions, teams and products/services. Individual teams come and go, as do the products they represent. Some teams/divisions are better than others, as we, that have worked in various divisions/teams for a number of years have found out. You just got on the wrong team. Please dont condemn all of Crossmark for the lack of appreciation you felt. Many of us, have had fantastic RM's,great teams and tons of work, or lost a ton of hours. But, overall, I THINK we can stand back and say that Crossmark is a good company that values our input and strives to keep teams together. Sometimes this is impossible, as the focus changes from the represented company. These companies sign contracts for a period that they feel it will take to get the information they want/need. RM's are not told how long this duration will last, but assume possibly, it will last for quite sometime. As I mentioned in the past posting, there are some excellent RM's, then too, there are some lousy ones that dont know how to set up scheduling for the tasks required to be done. Im sure all of us are happy you found a niche at WIS, and dont fully rely on them for your income. Merchandising changes all the time, so it's best not to put all your eggs in one basket.
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  1:56:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI I have been a merchandiser for 6 years. So I know that you have to work for different companies. I also know how big Crossmark is. So the fact is if Crossmark has different divisions and they have no hours to give me in the division that I am in now they can transfer me to a different division.
I also know not to count on WIS for my income. and FYI I do work for different companies. I work for Crossmark, WIS, Acionlink and Courtland Associates so you don't have to tell me stuff I already know.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  2:53:32 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
OK! So now youve got 6 years of merchandising experience. I have no idea how long youve been with Crossmark, but, they CANNOT transfer you to another division. YOU have to quit the team you are on, and then request a transfer to the desired team, or ask about another team that may have more hours available. You should also be aware that another RM in a different division CANNOT talk to you about another position without the written consent from your present RM. Your present RM would be happy to let you know of any open positions within other teams, and are generally receptive to a request to relocate. If you arent feeling appreciated where you are, arent getting the number of hours you desire, contact your RM and get the word out that you want to transfer...period. It may take some time, but at least youve made a move to improve your situation. They represent thousands of products, and have teams, either dedicated, pulse,or represnting of several lines. I WAS with Crossmark for 11 years,and went through a lot of the same feelings you express. It's a feast or famine type of position, get used to the bumps and rolls.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  4:48:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Shel

I have been a merchandiser for over 25 years and we never stop learning. I also now work for Crossmark, and have worked for just about every large Merchandising Company at one time or another. There is no need to get defensive because you constantly learn on this forum. Just dont forget most people here do want to help so dont get yourself in a tizzy. Good luck, Mia

Mia
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda49

Dothan, AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  6:06:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Add me to the list, I too work for CROSSMARK and I am seriously considering resigning due to the AUTO-ASSIGN system. I do not have any problems with my DM and/or Field Support.
CROSSMARK retail reps that sign-in on the white pages are victims of the gliches in the AUTO ASSIGN system. If your last name starts with R thru Z and there are multiple reps in your area; you will be assigned the left over tasks.
AUTO ASSIGN system assigns jobs alphabetically.
AUTO ASSIGN system assigns by hours.
If your last name starts with A B C you could be assigned up to 40 hours. R thru Z could be assigned 0 hours.
Field Support advises this is a gliche.
I make more $$$ on Drivetime than I do completing tasks. I had 190 minutes DT last week and 90 minutes in-store.(one day)
I keep thinking they will get the system on track--but I know it probably will never happen. As soon as I resign they will fix the gliche. I have a couple of relatives that also work for CROSSMARK; and they will resign if I do. I hate it for my DM; he will not have any one for resets. Believe me I have done a lot of resets!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums