Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 01/05/2009 :  8:15:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also work for Crossmark and have for 6 of my 12 years in merchandising. I learned that it is best to work for as many companies as you can juggle years ago. I too have also worked for several divisions. I have had fabulous supervisors with this company and I have had supervisors who constantly called me by another name. (Even though they called me on my home phone and obviously must have had my name and number listed in front of them to have reached me when they made the calls.)
Shelly and Rhonda, I'm right there with you. I've had these things happen to me, too. I'm glad to be able to share these frustrations with others and at least feel as though I'm not in this alone.
If things are as they used to be, the full timers get company vehicles. This to me is one of the real stabs in the back. As part timers, we leave ourselves open and available when we can but recieve the type of treatment that you both have mentioned. It's hard to believe that a company that can hand a car over to an employee can do what it does to it's part time people. I think that is what seems to magnify this situation.
I understand all of the "issues" with this line of work but I also feel that there needs to be a line of respect drawn. I feel fortunate that this is just an opportunity for pocket change for me and to allow for extra cash for the kids to be involved in activities as I am also a part time college student, but what about the person that thinks that this job opportunity may lead to full time or the person that needs this job to put food on the table.
I know everyone is replaceable. Unfortunately, I think the point being made by this company is that everyone is disposable and unimportant, instead. Just make the call from corporate and let the rep know that there is no more work for them. Don't hang the carrot hoping that they will stay on for when the company needs them. For as often as they send out the referral program emails to employees, you would think that they would have realized already that things need to be re-evaluated.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  05:45:15 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, Id be preparing for another cut if your mileage and drivetime is more than instore hours. Theyre already talking about eliminating those towns that are a drive away. Many of my roundtrips were over 250 miles, with only 3-4 stores to service. Also, with the economy going as it is, companies will be looking for ways to cut expenses, and our services will be one of the cuts theyll make. Id be grabbing up as many small local jobs I could to prepare myself for the loss in income.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  2:15:08 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I too, requested they remove a couple more stores from service, felt as long as they were having their fun, Id have some of my own...lol. But, like you, they refused as the stores were ones that HAD to be serviced as they were high on the sales list for the product. Some stores are just to fill in territories, when other big stores are in the same area. Our team also experienced the loss of ALL full time reps, and their work was passed down for us little people to do. They scheduled an extra 10 minutes to fulfil that little task!!These were the reps that had cars, and all the bennies. Can you believe it?
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 01/06/2009 :  7:28:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
WIS is working me everyday doing resets. I'm not getting any hours from Crossmark. They told me there is a full timer who lives near me and 2 more part timers that was hired before me and they get the majority of the hours.
I went on Crossmark.com and search their jobs and they have 2 pages of jobs in my area. So I do not know if this will work but I quit my division and then I am going to apply for one of the jobs that are on their website. They first assigned me to do resets in Meijers and then they took it away from me and assigned the meijers reset to a team. If you go to http://www.crossmark.com and click on careers they have tons of jobs.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2009 :  6:31:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am on a dedicated team with Crossmark and my hours remain the same. My drive time and mileage remain the same. They are even talking about adding stores to our route. I enjoy the steady hours I get from Crossmark.
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  03:45:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had to quit Crossmark's CRT team because of the auto-assign system. I have lots of stores near my house, (but I was at the end of the alphabet??) so I wasn't getting any work.

I'm thinking of switching to their new Walmart Demo team.

Also, if you are reading this and your WM doesn't have the new Crossmark demo team, it's coming soon. I believe Crossmark split the contract with one other company and is currently hiring for it. It's supposedly on a roll out system across the US. Not sure which states get it first.
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2009 :  5:05:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone work on the Dannon Yogurt dedicated team full time for Crossmark? If so, I would appreciate any feedback on this position.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  06:16:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
so is there anyone who is scheduled to work demos at Walmart starting January 29? Are you really scheduled to work four days a week and can you share once you have started how it is going? I would love to hear when you get a chance. Thanks. Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2009 :  11:28:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am on a different dedicated team, but that is the best spot to be. My hours are steady and will be increasing. I could not ask for a better boss. The dedicated teams have a lot of incentive programs, also. Good luck on the Dannon team you will have lots of fun.
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:39:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony, I am glad to hear you enjoy working for this company. I have worked for them in the past on another team and liked it. I have an interview set up tomorrow. Do you work full time?
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  07:53:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm starting w/ the new Events team. Will report back soon.
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  1:17:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I am a part time rep. That could change in the next few months. The division I am on is growing quickly. When you get signed up on the dedicated side of Crossmark they will let you know very quickly when there is an opening for full time in the company.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  09:57:21 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey guys,

I just want to say that this company is a total joke!

I worked in the HSS division of the company you know the side that decided to lay off 1500 people back in October nationwide. I am full time and have the hours cut on me back in October to maybe 20 a week now which is not so good.

Now since October's cut(I am still employed with Crossmark mind you) I have been on 3 interviews for dedicated teams. twice with the Cadbury-Adams team, and one with the Dannon team. All the interviews At Cadbury were conducted by 2 district managers that don't even live in the ame state as me, and the Dannon was conducted by the client at there offices(I was a little confused by this!)

The Cadbury managers seemed very confused, and during the interview process they take you into a c-store and make and stare at you while you work and they ask you what is wrong here! I have never done that in an interview and found that odd. One asked me the question "is your home organised?" Seriously you can't ask me that question in a job interview Thats just asking someone if they are gay flat out. It's borderline Illegal.

Now I don't understand why I would ever interview with the Client at their location(Dannon corporate office) What sense does this make? I mean if I was the client and needed to do this for a vendor, I would fire the Vendor and merch the product with my own employee. Once again Crossmark very confused.

I have seen the Cadbury position put up twice since my interviews. I think they allow the Merchandiser that they hire to do the route(300 stores) and then lay them off then wait and hire someone else and then do the same thing. They seem to like to get around paying unemployment.

Crossmark likes to hire people that have no buisness in the field. I was passed up for the Cadbury job because they said I dodn't have alot of C-store exp. Well why did u interview me then? Waste my time? I have 15 years retail grocery management exp. So I guess in Crossmark's eyes they want a former 7-11 worker who slacks off and dosen't get the job done. This company's a real joke!

A good thing has come out of this whole thing however, while Crossmark sent me to the Dannon interview, I got to know the Division manager at Dannon. And I have applied and gotten a position with them. So any Crossmark people looking just think you can apply at the client once you get to know them.

All in all I think Crossmark while still a good leader mech company still has alot of bugs to iron out. The Management and recruiters are very confused. The recruiters make reccommends on who they should hire and they look the other way, the company lays people off so they don't need to pay unemployment. And as I stated before they need to hire people with exp in the field.

I understand the industry is going to crap right now and the clients are cutting back service calls, but Crossmark needs to stop skirting around things, and tell employees the truth. Just tell them what's going on that way maybe people won't get mad and slack off because they think it's personal.

And the dedicated teams are really a joke. If you really look and think for a moment, alot of clients are going to in-store employees to do service on the depts. I think it's a matter of time before Crossmark loses something big. The HSS side of it is already hanging on by a thread, I can see another client cutting hours or Crossmark as well. They will just wait until the contract is up to do so. If you could service your dept for $7.75 an hour instead of pay Crossmark $12 for each employee how would you choose to do that!

But to any potential employees, if you need a job and you have been hired, then work with Crossmark, but, apply with other jobs. To people that have not been hired, Crossmark is really hit or miss, and think about a potential layoff with this company which they like to do. Forget about gas money, and drive time because they will place you within the limits they don't need to pay you these things. SOme teams have company cars with a gas card, which I have heard they are getting rid of in some divisions.

But I wish anyone good luck with this joke of a company!.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  2:19:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I understand your frustration with your issues with Crossmark, but please do not group all of the dedicated teams together. I had one phone interview and was hired. I went to a local office in my area where I met up manager.

We had a great time learning about the dedicated team. We did a lot of work in the field together until I was comfortable. My position is not only solid, but is going to be gaining more clients shortly which means more hours for me and the other dedicated rep in my area. I always have the ability to add more stores to my route if they make sense with my current territory.

You can't ask for much more then an awesome boss. He always makes sure that if I have a problem it is addressed right away. He is always a phone call away. Their is always fun incentives going on. I get paid like clock work on Saturday or Monday.

The wage is not great, but if you have 3. I usually have four or five stores right next to each other. Better wage then most merchandising companies pay. Mileage, drive time, admin time, and print fees paid.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  3:36:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is the HSS Division?
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  6:13:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony,

I never said I was not employed with them. I still am.

Also, they will say what they have to you time and time again. I have heard that we are OK and we will be getting more clients more time then I care to remember.

Point is Crossmark likes to skirt around issues. I see my district manager everyday in-store and yes he is a great guy as well.

I would think for a dedicated team they would want you to know something about the company before they hired you. If you say have a phone interview with Dannon and you know nothing of the company, or how to merch the product, in my eyes the position's not for you.

This is the one thing Crossmark tends to dwell on. I don't know if they are looking at it as someone had to much exp or what. With the Dannon interview, I went in and interviewed with the woman whom hired me last week for a full time Dannon Job not Crossmark. I asked her why Crossmark never picked me. She said too much exp. I can see where they might be scared that I may run off once I get hired to go somewhere else, but wouldn't you want someone with 10 years + as a dairy manager merch'n Dannon Yogurt? Just makes no sense to me.

And the HSS team is the Home Depot in-store services team.

And Anthony, be careful. I heard lots of hours before they did that layoff back in October. Most new positions are going to part-time The only Dedicated team I see getting more hours at this point is the Wal-Mart teams.

My whole gripe with Crossmark is not the hours or anything. Its the way they pick employees. They seem very confused as well as hesitant in the interviews as to who to hire.

BTW I also got an offer from Advantage on Friday.

I am not bashing Crossmark in anyway, I think they are a great company, I am saying that some people are very confused there when making hiring decisions. Thats why I think an interviewer in Plano should make that decision. Since that what they have been trained to do. Which it looks like Anthony, happened to you. Also happened to me with the HSS side as well, got hired on the spot.

And yes the pay might not be the bast, but Anthony remember the Vacation time you get, as well as the hoildays!.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/01/2009 :  6:30:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony,

Forgot to ask,

What division do you work for?

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  09:27:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know the answer to this? This is in regards to demos. I applied for a job as a Demonstrator on the Crossmark site. I was called by a certain Gentleman, a very nice guy. He told me that I can either go with working at Sandusky or Fremont, Ohio, and maybe then I could be transferred to the Port Clinton store(Walmart). I told them that i preferred to wait for the Port Clinton store in March, which would be the 3rd phase. I have gotten on the site daily to see and there is none in Port Clinton as of yet. The other two places were open, then closed, and now they are open again. What is going on? Anybody know. Have the demos started in stores on January 29 or not? If you have some feedback, please let me know. Thanks, Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  2:32:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am proud to say I am on the Perfetti dedicated team. My hours are very steady. The person who covers the southern half of Minnesota came over from the Cadberry team. He had been on the team for a very long time.

He had no issues and always had the right hours as a full timer. He made the decision that part time fit in his schedule better, so he waited for a while and joined with the Perfetti team. Their was a recent hire on the Cadberry team in this area. The person is loving the postion. Steady hours and job security, I could ask for nothing better.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  3:31:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony,

I am just saying with Crossmark they have a very bad rep for saying one thing and then doing something else. Everything may be really good now, but in 3 months they could reduce or lay you off. I would do more searching on the web so you understand what Crossmark has a habit of doing when you have some free time.

Please realize that on certain dedicated teams, there are more then one person in a store at a time. Thats where the client takes the hours away. In a situation like yours It may or may not be different.

The Cadbury team is more sales orentated. Alot of stores here (350) and most are C-stores. The turnover of employees is very high because of something in this area and I really don't know what.

I am not bashing the company, because I am an employee, but they just seem to hire people that just don't fit in certain positions. Like hiring someone with zero exp to service something where they had another applicant that had alot of exp in the field.

Another thing I see alot is the statement that C-Mark lays people off right before the 90 day trial, thus if you do the figures, they make just under unemployment. Meaning they don't qualify for unemployment so Crossmark does not have to pay for it.

With this economy some things make sense such as hiring someone with zero exp. Why pay the exp'd guy 12-15/hr when you can pay 9! This I can understand. But not other things.

Why do they let district managers make hiring decisions? They need to keep it at Plano in corporate that way it's really more professional.

But I am sure you have gotten some e-mails on your c-mark e-mail regarding mileage, drive time, and admin time. I don't know if you have a company car or not. Nor do I care.

Fact is Crossmark is a bit shady, think what you will but in my 3 years working with them I have seen alot of shady things that they do to save money. Look at post #1 all the way up to this one and you will see some things they do.

Good luck with Your job and Crossmark man.

For me I am glad I will actually be checking up on Crossmark's work for the Dannon corp! Thats my job! To check stores for proper product placement and proper rotation among other things!

Hope everything works out great for you,

Ed.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.43 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums