Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/02/2009 :  4:36:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Last week I had an interview with the Regional Mgr. for the Dannon dedicated team. She said I would get a phone interview from the Dannon Rep. and then they would get together to decide. Has anyone gone through this process? How long does all this take before you know anything? I was suppose to get the call today, but did not. Is the Dannon dedicated team a good team to be on?
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  05:46:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not know about the Dannon team, but like I have said on previous posts I am on the Perfetti team. I have no complaints. The person who has covered the southern half of MN as a full timer had been with the Cadberry team for over four years with zero complaints.

He enjoyed himself so much when it bacame necessary to go part time he waited until one of the teams had an opening for part time. I did a phone interview with corporate in TX and was hired. Full timers are different.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  3:40:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony,

Are you a part-timer? All my Crossmark positions have been Full time. Yes I was hired the same way as you, over the phone after an interview session. But different divisions do different things. Most divisions now do face-to face with the hiring manager in the area where you are applying for the job, If they like you they ask you to come in for a second interview.

I personally like the process via phone. I feel as though the face-to face wast peoples time and fuel. It's worth a try for a job, but driving 50+ miles gets a bit expensive.

Also,

GaleLM,

With regards to the Dannon team, the process is probably a week out from now. The Dannon rep is not a rep, it's normally the regional manager for Dannon in that specific territory/State. She/He will schedule you for a face-to-face interview. Depending on whher you are I may be able to help. As I got hired with Dannon as a Rep and Start on Monday. Not the Crossmark Dannon, the client themself I am employed with.

When you do do the interview, be sure to save the Dannon Rep's phone number. All they will tell you is that the info from the interview will go to the Crossmark Manager hiring for that team. The Dannon job, is a very easy position. But you are looking at rotation of the product daily(Or just inspecting if the store has done this most do!), Blitz's on the product lines, selling second displays(Easy as the stores already have the product in the warehouse), and giving the stores coupons so they can get rid of close dated products.

Hope that helps.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  4:58:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed,
Thank you for the feedback. I did hear from the Dannon Regional Mgr. by phone today. He was not able to meet with me. It seemed to go good and he did say that the hiring manager which I did interview face to face with will be getting back to me in the next few days either way. This will be full time and does offer a company car. I have worked with Crossmark several years ago but had to leave because of a car accident that took me off of work a while. It was wall to wall in the grocery only in Walmart then. I stayed in one Walmart all day. I am interested in Dannon because it is just one client you are working with not so many as I did before and did not work directly with the client then. I am interested to know how did you get on as a rep for Dannon? Are you full time?

Gale
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2009 :  5:11:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gale,

I got hired because I applied on the Dannon website just like everyone else. It also helped that I had worked with the District Manager before in the past, and I also have 10 years dairy/Frozen food management exp in Major Supermarkets and Supermarket Warehouses.

For the Dannon Position, they want you to know alot about Yogurt going into the job. You will not be servicing the Water products, Just the Yogurt. If I can recall the Crossmark Rep has something like 200 Stores(Could be more where you live) with an overnight or two a month.

Keep in mind how the market is right now. You are up against alot of ther people for that position. The Position does include a car, Company Credit Card, and Drive time.

Yes I am full time rep for Dannon. Its a salaried position, and I do not get a company car, but I get 42 cents a mile, plus an alotment every month for maintenance. I will have all the stores in the Mountain West(Nevada, Colorado, Utah, Idaho, And parts of Wyoming). The territory is huge I must say!

Do you have any merch exp in this type of line?

Grocery exp is good, but it's a bit different because you need to be attentive to the product dates. When I was a dairy manager I would put a close dated product in the back on purpose when I know a vendor was going to be there! That's the sort of thing if u get hired to look for!

I wish you luck!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:01:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed,
I hope things work out great for you with Dannon. I will hopefully know one way or the other by the end of this week. I would have 61 stores to visit once a month and then some of those store I would visit twice a month. I do understand that there are others who are wanting this job as well. I can only hope for the best.
Thanks for your good wishes.

Gale
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  2:04:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ed,
I forgot to mention that I do have at least 8 to 10 years of merchandising and sales experience. I have worked all grocery too.

Gale
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  3:08:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am on the part time side of Perfetti. I am still considered fairly new, but the division of Crossmark I am on. I was hired via a phone interview from TX. I met my area manager from IL at the very close location in Edina, MN when I was hired.

The gentleman that covers the southern region, sure did not have to go through that many steps when he was hired with the Cadberry team. When he made the decision to go part time he slipped right into the spot on the Perfetti team. I spoke to the recent full time hire on the Cadberry team yesterday. They too did not have that many steps to be hired and they are loving their position. They were already with Crossmark for a long time before moving to the Cadberry team.

As everyone knows each division is different, but the MN divisions don't seem to be having any problems. I have nice steady hours. I have 200 plus C-stores that are nicely plotted near where I live. I have the ability when I am ready to slip right into a nice full time position.
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  3:56:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Anthony,
What is the Perfetti team cover? I agree all the divisions are do things differently as I have worked for Crossmark before myself. I am hoping this works out for me. It seems Dannon would be a good team to be on. I am glad you are happy with your position and I wish you the best!

Gale
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2009 :  4:15:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gale,

61 Stores is not that bad. The rep for my area has 315(I thought it was 200) They have 2 full time reps for crossmark as well as 2 part-time-reps.

With 8-10 years of grocery exp you will have a good chance at the position. They will put anyone with any dairy exp higher on the list. The product line in itself is a fairly easy manage. Just the different yogurt lines(Go on dannon.com) The resets are fairly easy when the come up, as the store employees(Dairy manager, employees)will help you. Your plan-o-grams for stores like Wal-Mart, any Supervale, and etc big retail chains must be 100% stuck to. Most smaller chains the dairy manager will normally like to tweak the plan-o-gram a little.

With the selling part of it, it's very easy. The store has the product in the warehouse already. All you really need to do is talk with the dairy manager, ASM, or store manager and you're golden, they have nothing to lose. It's easy to make your quota. All the selling part is is displays. If hired you'll learn more about this.

I would maybe brush up on the different product dannon offers versus the compitition(Yoplait) big issue right now is the danactive and Activa lines. Not a big issue, but would be wise to learn about those products in specific.

Good luck, hope everything works out for you.

Anthony, Yes it is different with different divisions. I was hired just like you, on the phone. Just my opinion that the hiring should be done from Plano, over the phone.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  03:09:17 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just reporting that I started on the new demo Events team at Walmart. Nothing but good experiences. If you are a Lead, you get four days a week, 6.5 hours a day. Part-time only, but that's what I wanted.

If you are on this team, you can't work for any other Crossmark team. (I was hoping to do CRT work on my days off).

There will be 3-4 CM people per store eventually.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  08:47:48 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gale,

Sorry forgot to answer your question on Perfetti.

Their lines are Mentos, Airheads, Chupa Chups.

Anything I missed Anthony.

I know those are some of the lines I just can't think of anymore at the moment.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  3:29:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI Update.

The HSS in-store services dedicated team, as well as the reset crews got an e-mail today telling them to call in tomorrow morning at their times noted in the e-mail.

My best guess is another Lay-off. I know Home Depot just laid off like 7,000 Employees.

I got this info from a former co-worker that is on the HSS team.

He is really scared. Last time they did this back in Oct they laid off 1,500 in the Division.

Now I don't know if it just for certain regions of the HSS division though.

I will post when I know more.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  4:22:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What does HHS stand for? There are so many divisions of Crossmark, I wish there was a list somewhere.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  4:50:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A division of Home Depot, called Expo Stores are being closed, this accounts for alot of their lay-offs.

Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  5:54:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paige,

HSS it the Home depot dedicated team.

They do depts 22 and 29 in Home Depot Stores.

The Candy merchandiser is a different division of Crossamrk they are not affilated with the Home Depot Team.

Maralyn,

IDK what goes on on the front end candy sets.

I used to see them in the back room at Home Depot's but I never saw a card as to who they belonged to.

Best guess is maybe that new Hershey's merch position nationwide? Could be Advantage, Prism, or maybe in-store?

Home Depot was starting to do in-store resets in certain depts of the store. Maybe thats what happening. I will keep my eye out!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  7:11:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

Perfetti is the sister division of Cadberry. We are strictly in C-stores. I have 200+ stores and the number is growing. As the other posting said we deal with candy products. We are launching several new products which is a blast, since we get to tote them around to our stores and have the stores try them out.
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 02/10/2009 :  7:27:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,
Any idea what company picked up the Home Depot frontend candy?
Susan

Susan
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  9:04:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Actually,

There is the Cadbury-Adams team. That's all your gum, and Swedish Fish as Sour Patch Kids.

Then as Anthony described the other side, which is Candy specific, Like Candy Bars etc...)

And what he is describing in called Gratis. That's standard in well any line you are trying to sell to a customer. There is other Merchandise you can use as well to get a sale. Like T-Shirts, Vests, Beach Balls, ETC...

Heck today I ordered some vests for the two biggest Supervalu(Albertsons) stores. One to the dairy/Frozen manager, one to the store manager. It helps if you are on their good side!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

GaleLM

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2009 :  5:07:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently interviewed for a open position with the Dannon dedicated team. I had a phone interview, and a face to face interview from the manager with crossmark then I had a phone interview from the Dannon Mgr. I was sent an email that they had made the decision to hire someone internal. I don't know why they wasted my time.

Gale
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.28 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums