Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  07:50:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When a postion opens for full time in Crossmark there is a HUGE amount of applicants. They interview a lot of different people. When a position opened on the Cadberry team I considered until I found out how many applicants their were. YIKES!!!! Take it as a good learning experience, maybe the next one will work.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2009 :  12:41:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gale,

It's because Crossmark can't decide what they want to do. This is why their hiring is so messed up.

If you're going to let the client hire then do it. The client hires Crossmark to hire a rep with Crossmark for their product. Crossmark I think is confused with this. Then they turn around and send you on an interview with the Rm for the specific client you will be merchin products for.

What sense does that make? If I am a client and have hired a Merchn company to rep my product, I want them to hire people. Thats why I am paying them.

But not to get you down, but Crossmark looks at internal applicants first, then they go external. So lets say you and Anthony go for the same position. He would probably get it because he is Internal. Unless you have like 15 years doing it!!

Don't let Crossmark get you down Gale. Do some research on what they do as far as cutting hours for full timers. And when they lay workers off, they do it on a confrence call. And the guy on the phone is a recording. They can't even do that live.

I personally think Crossmark sometimes hires people who have no exp for lets say Dannon because they can pay them less then me or you. It makes sense. Why pay someone 14 bucks when the other guy will work for 10?

But look around. I personally am enjoying Advantage in Addition to My Dannon job. But don't worry maybe it was for the better.

Good luck!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

DianeK
Apprentice

O Fallon, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  12:43:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was a dedicated Cadbury Rep/Crossmark. It was a very tough job as it was in c stores.They wanted top 40 items in all stores.For my area it was tough as many of the stores did not use big suppliers but rather
wholesale clubs.There was no way you could even get top 20 items.If you wanted to delete a store you had to add another one-drive around and look for a store not currently assigned.I could go on and on-left after 3 long months. Others enjoyed it, but not for me.

Diane
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  6:33:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Diane,

Yeah you're right on that!

What it makes a harder sell is the fact the offer no incentives. And the fact that Wrigley's is always on top shelf in most C-stores.

Crossmark also forgets that most stores weither c-stores, mass, or grocery have set POG's that they really don't want to deviate from and that also becomes a hard sell to a point!

But yeah its a good job for a few. They are picking alot of people with C-store exp for this job. Plus as you sorta said, there at least in my area a very high turn over of employees in this job!

Good luck in whatever u are doing!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

DianeK
Apprentice

O Fallon, IL
USA
2 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  06:20:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
ED
They do give you gratis and displays but with the majority of stores being deadbeats it's meaningless.Oh but then there's the stores that have 30-40 of the top items-you give them a couple of free displays with gratis then next month you go back and your display is filled with someone elses product.

Thank you I need luck.Just relocated out to the Midwest due to DH job.Before moving I was a Kroger Kompass rep which I loved.The same store every week doing there resets.
Here there are hardly any merch jobs which is probably in a lot of areas due to the economy.There is a Kroger about 35 minutes away which I do need to call to see if they have a rep

Diane
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  3:51:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sorry, I have to speak up. Their are a few divisions that have VERY NICE BONUSES!!!!!!!! I happen to be in one of them.On my division they would like the items to be in the store, but they are super understanding if you cannot get them in their store. Luckily, we just finished a fun project checking out prospects not currently on my list which was paid time. I can know elminate the stores that are not working for me and replace them with others.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2009 :  1:53:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes Anthony you are right.

The Dannon dedicated team is one that offers great bonuses!.

The Cadbury-Adams team not so much. But yes there are other teams that offer great bonus programs.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 02/21/2009 :  3:25:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for a position with Crossmark a while back but there was nothing in my area.

I received a call and was just hired for the Gen Mills team. They first got my info from the Narms website and then when personnel was doing the interview with me via phone they found me in the system.

I like the route I have, lots of stores and the pay is good. I was just wondering if anyone that has worked this line can give me a heads up on what to expect. I was told that selling isn't really a big issue, it's more like suggestive selling which I'm used to. Any advice would really be appreciated.

OT....I really like Narms. I get a lot of responses from having a profile with my resume posted. I would definitely recommend them to anyone who hasn't tried it yet and is looking for work.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  2:05:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kimber,

DO some research on Crossmark and then you may get your answer.

I really don't have anything good to say about the company and what they have done to alot of my former co-workers.

But that was in my division I had worked in.

As to what to expect, I would expect your store base to expand and then shrink every so many months. Also I would ask your DM when the contracts will be renewed. In this day and age if the client can save a buck, they will.

IDK about resets for your team and how they are handled. So I can't comment on that.

Selling I don't know how they handle it in your division.

I am thinking that they want you to push as many displays as you can. The suggestive selling come into play because the stores don't care.

To make it easy for you, the Store has already bought the product and it is in the warehouse. You want to lets say put a display in that will take 10 cases. All the Grocery Manager needs to do is order 10 cases on his next order. Whatever dosen't sell he can put it on the shelf. Chances are it will sell with minimum backstock.

So yes, suggestive but very easy.

Again, Please do some research on Crossmark and what games they like to play. You could easily go to 32 or less hours in a matter of months.

Not to bash, but that's what they do. And I won't say anything about that. Just do some research. And be careful. They are they kings of using people and then laying them off.

There are better companys out there, so put your apps in just in case.

EM.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Jacqueline Judd
Trainee

Columbia, KY
USA
9 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  04:24:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Could someone help me please. I am a little confused on the mileage and drivetime thing with crossmark. I have been doing merchandising since 2001 an just started with crossmark about a month ago. This seems confusing to me. I only start counting drivetime after 60 minutes or 40 minutes? And when do I start counting mileage? Do I count mileage for the trip home, and between stores and to the store minus 40 that they don't pay? I am really confused. Sorry to sound so stupid but I have never had to do it this way. And I am not sure I've been doing it correct this last month I've been working. Hope to get this straightened out soon. I THANK YOU in advance.

Jacqueline Judd
Certified Merchandiser
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  07:42:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In reply to the General Mills Team. Your job is similar to mine. It is a very nice job and very easy for the pay. I have had my hours remain steady. The gentleman that works with me has had been on the Cadberry team when it probably first came about. He never had any problems. When he reached the retirement age. He joined me on the part time side, we have both enjoyed our jobs.

In repsponse to the lady with questions about mileage and drive time. Call field support. They will smooth out any questions.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Brown

Pine City, NY
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  1:41:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Concerning drive time and mileage with Crossmark. I am not sure if all teams are the same, but I will advise you as to my team which is Walmart Dedicated. When commuting to or from a job, all mileage over 40 miles and all drive time over 60 minutes is paid. Between jobs ALL mileage and drive time are paid. ie: say you drive 30 miles in 45 minutes to your first job, do it and drive 25 miles in 40 minutes to a second location then 35 miles and 50 minutes back home. the 25 miles and 40 minutes between the 2 jobs is to be entered in Sales Trak. The time/mileage to the first job and from the second job to home is commute time and is not paid. Of course if you do more than 2 stores, include the time/mileage between all of them. Hope this helps.

Jim & Barb Brown
Doing Demos, Merchandising, and Resets in the Southern Tier of NY and the Northern Tier of Pa.
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  5:12:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jim, thank you for clearing that up. I was confused by this as well.

Anthony, thanks for the info. I'm going for my in store training this week so I'll find out exactly what my job entails.

Ed, thanks for the advice. I have looked into Crossmark and found them to be like most companies. Pros and cons to all. I have a number of eggs in my basket other that Crossmark this way I'm pretty much covered, just in case.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/06/2009 :  05:18:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very exciting news on the Perfetti team. We have gained more work, so for the folks looking at these postings Crossmark is moving forward to bigger things for some of their teams.
Go to Top of Page

KimberA

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  03:56:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wanted to give a quick update and opinion.....
I guess I lucked out as far as divisions. I'm on the General Mills - HFC dedicated team. I started with 17 stores. Not quite full time but pretty darn close. It was too much because I have other obligations. I was allowed to drop as many stores as I needed so I now have 10. Pay is very good. Getting started, all paperwork, direct deposit, etc, was very easy and fast. I wish I had more training but in retail training is hands on as we all know. My supervisor is always available to help which I really appreciate.

I'm still unsure of many things but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it. To me, the worst part (as usual) is dealing with condescending managers.

So far I find Crossmark, at least my division, very efficient and I would recommend them. I just hope they have patience with me because I'm somewhat of a novice when it comes to grocery.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  06:36:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeahh glad to hear their is someone else that has success in their division. It took me quite a while to get used to my position, but I love it. As I said in an earlier post my hours are going up. My supervisior was very patient as I learned the ropes. Keep Sales Trak Help Line handy. You will learn which managers are ok and which are not. I usually say hello to the not so nice. I leave my suggestion sheet and some free samples that's it.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2009 :  07:15:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kimber,

Those condescending Mgrs. will come around when they learn that they can trust you. It may take several months.

Have been with Crossmark since 2004, they have been good to me. Sure there have been some ups and downs of hours, but I have found that with every company I have ever worked for. And like Anthony has said, things are being to turn around and hours are going back up.

Maralyn
Go to Top of Page

DebbieHall

IL
USA
40 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  2:19:12 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently got a call and offer from Crossmark to be a lead person on Demo team, they said a company would contact me about drug test I said fine I have taken several of the years, got paperwork and it told me to report with 24 hours to our local first aid station for drug test so I grab the papers the minute I got them and ran into town to take test hour and half later they finally called my name I went in and dr told me to leave my purse and jacket in lobby because I could not bring them in the room, ok I have no one to watch my stuff with me but ok I trust everyone. I went and got my "job" done he looked at it and said well I am having problem getting the temp here did you turn to do anything to this and I said I am 50+ years old you got what you got from me. he finally got his temp and then poured it into another container and says o you are short you will have to take it again, I said ok I will run down to mcd's get some coffee and be right back he said no you can't leave I will get you a cup of water, so back to the waiting room he gave me 3 oz of water and told me I could not have more till "he "gave it to me, 15 more minutes he returns with another 3 oz cup I now have been in this office 2.5 hours for a drug test. Finally I said I can finish it up now he turns and says I poured the last one out you have to start from scratch I said wait a minute it took me all day to get the first attempt and after 6 oz of water you can't get a cup of water from me, I offered to come back first thing in the morning and give him a real full cup he said no if You leave I report it as a refused, I went off on him it was now 10 to 5 they close at five. I called and left messages at the company and no one ever called me back. So I guess I don't go to work for them

Debbie
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2009 :  11:38:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dhall,

Just call up your recruiter and tell them what happened in the testing place.

It seems that this guy was an idiot and wasted not only your time but company time as well. Since he couldn't get a reading off the container that already has a temp reading on it I guess he is really dumb! I would possibly call and speak to his supervisor and have a word. Maybe he needs to go through training again!.

But as for that. Just call your recruiter, explain what he did, and he/she will send out another test to you. I suggest you go to a LabCorp and not some local Place as you described. And I would just leave your purse in the car. Just bring your ID in with you.

I would shoot them an e-mail an then call them as early as you can.

Good luck.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  3:50:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is there anyone here who is a lead for the demo team? How are things going and can you tell me is the pay definitely a lot more for the lead? Anyone who is doing the demos - have they been running smoothly this time around> last time - a year ago- I had heard that it was oh, so confusing. I am still contemplating that when they come around this area whether i will jump aboard. I have been offered to work for another company in the same town working every Friday and Saturday doing demos and maybe 3 hours through the week. Any feedback on Crossmark and the program at this time. I am referring only to demos in the stores. Thanks! Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums