Printer Friendly

Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Robert111

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  09:35:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone on the Data Collection Team and how do they like it? Anyone formerly from IRI and in the data collection - I would like to hear from you. How does it compare to IRI?

Is their any chance of Health benefits or 401k for part timers?

Thanks!

Robert Johnson
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 03/24/2009 :  8:31:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a DCA for Crossmark. I have been doing it for about 6 months now. I like it. It gets kinda crazy around survey time ,but it is steady work. I have a small route and I do fill in some areas when I am needed. It's a good gig.

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  07:45:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a DCA for Nielsen via Crossmark and its a good job though the hours do vary according to project. I have been doing this a long time and I like it since its close to home as well as flexible. As for the benefits, you have to be working a set amount of hours for a certain time. HTH , M
Go to Top of Page

Alex17
Trainee

Riverside, CA
USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  1:32:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied for Crossmark several months ago but have not heard back. Anyone know if they have jobs in CA?

Alex
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/01/2009 :  11:30:37 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you want to know if Crossmark has positions open in your area, go to the crossmark site and do a search by state and city. If theres anything available I believe you can then apply for it. It doesnt hurt to spply, possibly then the person will forward your info to the DM faster in your area.
Go to Top of Page

Paige W.

USA
16 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  11:27:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry-

I work as a Lead for the Events/Demo Team. Pay is only 50 cents more per hour, so $11.50. To be a lead you have to take an 14 hour online Food Safety course and pass a test to get Safety certified.

Being a lead means you are offered available demos first. You also get "stuck" with having to do more cooking. Leads also get the more involved demos-for example when you are demoing more than one product by a company at a time. When you are safety certified you are the one at the store that has to cook food when it's raw (shrimp, steak, etc).

The work has been steady. At least 4 demos per week, Thursday-Sunday. The are often two demos on 3 of those days.

It's fun work but can be boring when you don't have actual samples to give away (when you just hav to stand there and educate customers about a product or give out brochures). Customers want their free samples and aren't too interested in coming up to the carts when there's nothing free.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2842 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  1:13:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Paige, can someone that is not with Crossmark take the online food safety course? If so, do you have a link that you could send me?

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Millee

Hardwood, MI
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  4:05:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello! Paige, you are so lucky to do the demos,and so very blessed to have a job. The Upper Peninsula of Mich. hasn't had a demo here in months,after the trail period threw CrossMark. Upper Peninsula MI was on that trial period for six months, back in 2008, and for some reason, our stores didn't get the offers up here non of them. I was a team leader demonstrator at that time, our customers loved us;and are still stopping me wondering why we are not demoing. I just answer, I wish I could answer your question because I do not know why myself? All of us ladies who did do the demos up here in Upper Peninsula of Michigan out of Walmart, would love to have them back again. But, now up here we just don't have anymore demo's, no more, demos express, alexandria marketing, and mass connection...CrossMark won't even answer our questions if we are going to do demos again up here...that company, hurt the Upper Peninsula, only a few retail representive works up here now. I keep checking the site on CrossMark Career..I put in for jobs in my area but no calls at all...CROSSMARK, is a good company to work for, when your working for them, I would loved to be working for them again. If any CrossMark managers or supervisors read the comments on this site please, leave feedback comment.I have read here about the next phase three coming, what areas in Michigan is going to get it, if we are!!!!![]
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2009 :  4:35:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Paige, Thanks for all the information. I have been patiently waiting. It is now going to be the third phase that my Walmart will be hooking up with. I was interested in being the lead but not now. I am now working on Fridays and Saturday doing demo's at a local Grocery Store and to be honest making more money. I work about 7 1/2 hours a day. I am interested in working for Crossmark just two days - Thursday and Sunday because of my schedule. I do not know if they will hire me just for those two days. I just had to go on with my life because I was waiting and waiting for them to come to our Walmart here in Port Clinton, Ohio. I was offered to jump aboard at Fremont or Sandusky, Ohi, but I wanted this store. In the meantime, a owner of a grocery store offered me a job doing demos every weekend for them. I prayed about it and bingo - I am working. Thanks,again.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

K. Nichols

Jacksonville, FL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 05/20/2009 :  11:09:21 AM  Send K. Nichols an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry - Paige -

Are you having troubles getting paid when you work the Walmart events? The lead for my store seems to always be missing in action and no one at the store seems to know whats happening, so I have stayed away from accepting jobs. Any suggestions? Is there another company you can work for and still be in Walmart?

K. Nichols
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  8:02:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do not work for Crossmark so I do not have any problem whatsoever getting paid. Ha! I took a job by the owner of another store in the area and am receiving 12 dollars an hour and am considered an employee of the store. I just work every Friday from 10 to 6 and I really like it because I get paid every week - no more waiting on checks through the mail. Sometimes I had to wait for a month through other places. No more.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Sandra G.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
239 Posts

Posted - 05/24/2009 :  6:58:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sherry,

What type of store is that, please? Is it a local grocery chain? Was it your suggestion to do the demos or did they advertise?

Thanks.

Sandra G.
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 05/25/2009 :  7:31:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Sandra,
I was in the store grocery shopping and the Owner of the store came to me and asked me if I was taken care of by the person in the Meat Department. We were talking and I shared with him that I knew the person in the meat Department because he was my Husband's next door neighbor growing up in Willard, Ohio. That is where I lived for 50 years. I also told him that I did demos in Norwalk,Ohio,and had worked with him so I knew him. When I mentioned demos he perked up right away and asked me if I was good, gave me His card and shared with me that he wanted me to call him right away and we would work something out. I called the next week, went for the interview, and the rest is History. I was waiting to go into the Walmarts with Crossmark and they have not gone into my Walmart as of yet. To be honest, this was a matter of prayer and I believe it was a door open. I am one that I do not like change but I believe this job was from the Lord. I give him praise. They do not want me just for the Summer months but for the whole year so that is where I am at. It is an Independent store that used to be an IGA at one time but the name has changed. Very busy, busy in Summer, slow in Winter. Seafood shows every weekend. Much tourism in this area- Lake Erie. Port Clinton is the Walleye Capital. Yum Yum! I suggest that you go to a store and maybe ask if they would consider doing demos and that you are interested if you are. I have lived here for going on five years and 2 to 3 years ago I did inquire about doing a demo with the Assistant Manager of this store. Never did one. God's timing is perfect. Hope something works out for you.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Sherry
Valued Contributor

Port Clinton, OH
USA
171 Posts

Posted - 06/03/2009 :  7:35:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a phone call from Crossmark today about doing demos in Fremont,Ohio, again. I had waited and waited because Crossmark were supposed to be in the Walmart in Port Clinton, Ohio, where I live. Crossmark had told me the third phase they would be in. I am glad I did not continue waiting and took another job at another store doing demos every Friday and Saturday, more money. Now Crossmark told me today that they do not know if they will even be going into this Walmart in Port Clinton. It will be up to Walmart the Gentleman told me. Wow! I am glad I did not wait. Every person had a different story.

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

Karen A.
Star Contributor

Hudson, NC
USA
297 Posts

Posted - 09/21/2009 :  7:34:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alex17

I applied for Crossmark several months ago but have not heard back. Anyone know if they have jobs in CA?

I get job postings for this company when I do get through and put in the city (listed on the post) I always get the reply no listings.

Karen A.
Go to Top of Page

Linda3456

USA
36 Posts

Posted - 09/22/2009 :  10:35:46 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Do any of the DCA jobs with crossmark allow for a flexible schedule?
Or are they on fixed dates like Friday and Saturday? Any info from current DCA would be helpful
Go to Top of Page

Sherry from MD

Mechanicsville, MD
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:59:33 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Terrie,
I just watched the video on this position and put in an application for an area close to me. Can you tell me how flexible this is and also if they pay mileage/drivetime etc. How many hours per store do you have etc.
Thanks so much,
Sherry

Sherry
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  07:51:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Linda3456

Do any of the DCA jobs with crossmark allow for a flexible schedule?
Or are they on fixed dates like Friday and Saturday? Any info from current DCA would be helpful

There are different DCA jobs within the company. I work on a schedule with some flexiblity but everything must be on a certain date since its so time sensitive. Depending on what team you get on, you will have a few days worth of a 'window' to usually complete work. HTH. Mia
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/12/2009 :  2:47:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied a few days ago and just got hired today. Got the call this morning and went online and did all the paper work except the I-9 that i'll have to have notarized. The gentleman said it would only be about 5 hours a week at our store right here in town,but that's fine with me,every $$ helps. Sounds like i'll be merchandising,pulling old stuff,setting to POG etc. We get paid every week which will be nice.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
560 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  2:20:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just went and did the training with my supervisor who drove over from Montana. Training went well,spent about 4 hours in the store. I'm on the Walmart dedicated team. He said "i noticed you applied for several positions with Crossmark". I said "yes" and he said you can only be on one team for Crossmark. So i guess i'll just be on the Walmart team,which is fine at least it's about 5 hours a week. And when someone goes on vacation in some of the closer towns i'll be doing their stores. I wanted him to know that so i could pick up some extra hours. The one store he wanted me to take on because he has so many problems with it was almost 2 hours away on a "good" day,so i had to say no,especially with winter coming on.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums