Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Helen Jean Harris
Valued Contributor

Mesa, AZ
USA
149 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2005 :  5:35:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for a division of Crossmark 3 months. Good jobs, not high pay, direct deposit every 2 weeks. As long as you give 2 weeks notice you can go back any time. I did resign because during winter months I need a flexible schedule. Left on good terms so I can go back any time. They have some rules to live by but not any different than other companies if you are an employee. They weren't hiring IC type work, you were a direct employee of there company.
Go to Top of Page

KathrynGustafson

Rockton, IL
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2006 :  01:26:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello Kim,
I beg to differ with you, and I agree with the other posters who have commented that there must have been some mis-communication between you and the manager.
Crossmark policy cleary states:
Drive time is paid after the first hour of driving before you reach your first store. If it takes you 70 mins to get to your first store, you are on the clock after that first 60 minutes.
Mileage is paid after the first 40 miles to get to your first store.

Kim, you are paid for all time worked for Crossmark.. ALWAYS! But your DRIVE time does not start until the first hour has passed after you leave your home, and the first hour is passed when you are on your way back home. Basically the first hour of DRIVE time is on you-whether you are going to your first store or home from your last store. If you only drive 2 minutes to your first store..then great! Your WORK time begins when you enter the store-until you leave. Then your drive time begins for your drive minutes to the next store.

I hope this makes sense. CROSSMARK is a fair and reputable company and it is misunderstandings like yours and your Managers that can hurt the reputation that we have worked hard to uphold and stand behind.

Good luck in your ventures.

Kathryn
Go to Top of Page

TracyMarie

Buffalo, NY
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 03/14/2006 :  08:38:22 AM  Visit TracyMarie's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Can anyone tell me generally what this company pays for their dedicated teams?

I'm assuming that's what I'll be, I got an offer to work on a specific product in specific stores. So is that what they call their dedicated team?

Looking for PT merchandising in the Buffalo, NY area.
Go to Top of Page

Gennia
Contributor

Alabama
USA
51 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  7:23:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Crossmark for 3 years in two different divisions. The first area I worked they lost due to someone bidding lower. So I then took a job with them in another division. I got paid for my first store but not the time it took me to drive to my first store. I got paid drive time and miles until I got to my last store of the day. I did not get paid from my last store to home. The company is excellent to work for, helpful and always pay promptly. When my job was discontinued I had done some of my stores due to an oversight. They paid me for the work I did even though someone else had gotten the new contract. So I thought that was more than fair. I had excellent DM's to work under also.

Happily shopping N Alabama and S Tennessee
Go to Top of Page

ShannonN
Trainee

Wilmington, North Carolina
USA
8 Posts

Posted - 06/13/2006 :  9:29:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was hired by Crossmark and never heard from them again. I even got a name badge. I only want to work for companies that are professional enough to call or e mail and let their employees know if they have work or not. I don't want to work for this company and I think they are unprofessional!
Go to Top of Page

Gail-V
Valued Contributor

New Haven, CT
USA
108 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  12:57:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Crossmark this past Spring as PT Emp(great Co BTW) You were totally misinformed and that would be against the law
I only left because I couldn't get enough hours

Gail M Volta
Go to Top of Page

CUporsky
Apprentice

East Stroudsburg, PA
USA
3 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  10:31:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started working for them and I can't say enough good things about them. In fact they even pay you for the over the phone training they did with me. I like that I can schedule myself for 3 weeks out and they have been very helpful.

Christine
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2006 :  11:09:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, they hired me but all they had was resetsthat start at 4 a.m. in my area. Not in my schedule right now, so they will call if anything else comes up.
Go to Top of Page

Leesa_WA
Apprentice

WA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  11:13:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I recently applied for a position with Crossmark, they called me almost 3 weeks ago to offer me a job. I have not heard from the Supervisor, nor anyone now for almost a week. How long does this process take? I have done some online training, I have my own email account and I did recieve my badge in the mail. I am just ready to get to work, and right now, I have nothing to do. Is this normal? I have contacted the gal who hired me, but nothing since last week, I did send another email today, asking what is going on. tap tap tap
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 11/13/2006 :  9:08:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark's site can be a pain to get around in, but their support team is great if needed. They pay on time and for everything. I love this company!

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 01/08/2007 :  4:37:48 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am interviewing for one of their dedicated teams on Thursday, just wanted to check out some current feedback.
Go to Top of Page

Arla
Star Contributor

Deer Creek, IL
USA
269 Posts

Posted - 01/09/2007 :  7:33:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update previous post I made. The website is great ONCE you learn it and get use to it. The people and the company are awesome!!!! I highly recommend this company over alot of others.

Arla Ozment
Go to Top of Page

JanieWilson
Contributor

atlanta, georgia
USA
57 Posts

Posted - 02/19/2007 :  11:19:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for a dedicated team and quit due to the DM. I have seen another job with crossmark on NARMS and wondered what my chances would be of getting in with them again. The job listed is a different dedicated team.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  8:16:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been working on a dedicated team for almost a year now. There have been some things that happened that I did not like, but for the most part this has been a decent, steady job.

I go to several Wal-Marts each week, and do the work on a list which I print out for each store before I visit. The list changes every week. I was told (when I got hired) that the time for printing out the work and typing it in each evening would be paid time.

This week all of a sudden we are told we can only use 10% of our store time for administrative time. In other words, if we work 3 hours in a store we can use 18 minutes office time. It takes me longer than that just to go through and print out all the papers, let alone come back and type in all the answers for the questions. I asked for clarification from my district manager, and she told me I should not be watching papers come out of a printer, I should be doing other things around my home at the same time. (I am doing something else. I am drinking coffee.) Who jumps up and does dishes between printing out their work documents for the day???? I would not be able to stay focused....

So here is my question for those of you who are knowledgeable in tax preparation: If I work an hour a day on administrative items and do not get paid for doing that work, can I claim that time as a loss on my taxes? This company pays you as an employee, not as an IC.

Is it legal for a company to require you to perform work at home, for which they will not pay you? It usually takes me 20 to 25 minutes per store to print out the work sheets and supporting documents, and around 20 minutes per store at night to go through and type in the answers to the questions.

Any thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

TerryInTulsa
Star Contributor

Tulsa, OK
USA
349 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2007 :  10:06:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think it is incredibly generous of them to pay anything for work done at home, so many other companies do not. Granted, it would be fantastic for a company to pay us for all of the time we spend printing the paperwork, reading over it, then entering the reports.

But where does it end? Should they also pay us for the time it takes us to do our laundry, take a shower, get dressed? All of those things are involved in preparing for a job.

I would be grateful for the compensation they offer. You say it takes you 40 minutes per store to do the paperwork and you get paid for 18 of those minutes. Sounds wonderful to me.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  12:47:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Seems like I've been cutting myself short for those minutes.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  04:23:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company has hired me twice over the phone, I have attended an orientation and then have never been called for work. What's up?
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  05:37:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jenny, there are lots of different divisions of Crossmark. I can think of at least five; they have dedicated teams for several different clients. Do you know which division contacted you?

Several of the companies I work for pay for the time spent entering data into the computer. I don't mean the simple yes/no forms, I mean the detailed items such as inventory forms. They build an extra half hour into the project pay to cover that time, after the store work is completed.

That reporting time is just as much work time as the time you spend in a store. You are still working, whether you are home or not.

My point is, if you are told that you will be paid for the time, then you should be. If you are told you will not be paid, then it is up to you whether you should accept the terms of that job as offered.

I am upset with these companies who keep changing their policies like most people change their socks. (Everyone remembers the DVD company who said they would pay $10 a week to cover printing & cleaning supplies, and then abruptly stopped paying for that AND stopped paying for mileage.) I think changing the rules in the middle of the game (without regard for the people who are doing the work) is disgusting.
Go to Top of Page

Donna V
Contributor

Hannibal, MO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  6:50:25 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,
It sounds like I work for the same division as you do. However this has been the guidelines since I started. I don't watch the clock to the minute, but I find the time very reasonable. I can have the pages printing that I am going to need for my calls for the week, read emails as those are printing, read over the call plan on the screen, or schedule next weeks calls if available.

I have never concerned myself about the time it takes to input the information from the call. I know there are plenty of times when some of my calls don't take the entire time, but that is what we are told to report, so that balances.

Donna
silver certified
Hannibal, MO
Quincy, IL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2007 :  7:04:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I cannot do other work on my computer while something is in the process of printing. I do check voice mail and gather up all my stickers and POP items though.

Today I typed as fast as I could.I got one store done in 15 minutes, and the other in 20 minutes. I will keep working on it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums