Page: of 33

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 10/21/2011 :  07:32:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sharon,

I remember that team very vividly. I applied for that specific position when I was with Crossmark in 2006. I interviewed with the DM from California and the "Manager" from that Client. Honestly the DM was nice but the "Manager" from that company didn't give anyone the time of day. He was more worried about getting on his plane later on in the day.

My issue with this position is that they kept going through employees that didn't last a month. Honestly if I can recall the position was close to 200 C-Stores and you did nothing but sell in new product. Have you ever tried to sell something to a non-Corporate 7-Eleven? Those guys are tough. I even saw a Frito-Lay Rep get Denied a new product placement!

Honestly If you need some advice on how to sell it in with 8 out of 10 stores saying yes PM me. You can use some things to your advantage.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  1:00:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone on the glidden paint dedicated team for the walmarts? If so,do you like what you do? Do you spend more time in the chip area than the paint itself? Thanks for any info.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

TerrieDean
Contributor

USA
85 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  6:37:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am a Glidden Paint rep and I love the job. Basically what it entails is this, we are responsible for ordering low stock of the chips and brochures, checking tint and paint stock. (The store itself orders for those, you just let them know what they are low on.) Since the service calls are about 2 hours long depending on store tier, time of the year etc., you get to mix paint for customers and help out the paint department however you can. I enjoy talking to customers about what projects they want to do and what colors they want to try. It is a fun job.

Terrie
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 12/21/2011 :  8:02:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the reply Terrie,i appreciate it! How many stores do you have? Do you spend 3 to 4 hours in the stores come spring and summer? Just wondering here.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  3:29:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey All,

I recently applied with Crossmark, and after not hearing back for a week or so, I was emailed by someone that if I am still interested in the job, to email back and someone would contact me within a few days. Today, I received a follow-up regarding a permanent part-time position for a Retail Representative. If I secure this position, I would be working in Allentown, PA. I am curious how many hours this position may hold...I know averages can change frequently in retail-oriented positions, but I am curious as to (1)how many hours people generally get in wintertime (presently)for a Retail Representative, and (2) is this position generally regular merchandising work?

Thanks ahead of time!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  4:34:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey MonikaJeannie, each job is different in regards to winter and regular hours and what they want done. For example on the Glidden paint team that i'm on the winter hours go down because of the off painting season,but i'm still servicing my 7 stores weekly. Starting feb. the hours will double and again triple as the season picks up. I would really follow-up and find out. When they get ahold of you they'll let you know over the phone( at least they did when they called me) about how many hours it will be. The 2 i pulled up for your town for permanent part time is: one for the perishables team(which i have no idea what that is) and the other is: retail rep labor pool. And they have the same job decription for all job postings. I also have other companies i work for part time here and there which also picks up the slack in the winter. Hope that helps a little.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  7:22:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The other poster was correct, it depends on what team you are on or where they need you most. If you are a backup person, you may be back and forth. Perishables is grocery and that could be from set up to checking dates and merchandising. It varies so much. Good luck and let them know what works for you. M
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/15/2012 :  7:32:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My advice is that I would not accept the job via email. I would reply to the email asking them to have a recruiter (but preferably the area supervisor) call you so you can go over the details of the job.

During the call, that is when you can ask them for specifics about this position in your area, like avg weekly hours, pay, etc. Only then can you really know if it would be right to accept any position.

And like others said, it's impossible to answer questions like how many hours you would get because that will be different in each territory, taking into consideration things like population of territory, how many other reps are in the territory (they never just hire one, from my experience). But always take what a recruiter tells you with a grain of salt. I find often what the recruiter tells you and what the truth is for your territory is usually different. Recruiters usually only know generalities.

Good luck.

quote:
Originally posted by MonikaJeanne

Hey All,

I recently applied with Crossmark, and after not hearing back for a week or so, I was emailed by someone that if I am still interested in the job, to email back and someone would contact me within a few days. Today, I received a follow-up regarding a permanent part-time position for a Retail Representative. If I secure this position, I would be working in Allentown, PA. I am curious how many hours this position may hold...I know averages can change frequently in retail-oriented positions, but I am curious as to (1)how many hours people generally get in wintertime (presently)for a Retail Representative, and (2) is this position generally regular merchandising work?

Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  08:04:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Kelly, Maria, and Larry;

I figured, as with my other merchandising job, there is no way anyone can really pre-determine even a guesstimate of weekly hours. I did email and ask for a phone call from the recruiter. perhaps I just wait now for a few days...

I have never been a part of a "team;" I have only merchandised alone (except for SASR), but it is difficult to know with Crossmark if everyone is on a team (assuming a "team" consists of peopel assigned to same territories) or if a team means you work together on resets, etc.

Either way i still want more info, so I figure I will wait a few days as today is a holiday, and Tuesday everyone is backlogged with email.

Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2012 :  08:54:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Monika,

I would have personally emailed you but you had no response for personal email. Best advice is to be clear on requirements of job. If you have other questions, email me off this site. HTH M
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 01/25/2012 :  06:59:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welllllll....I suppose it doesnt matter, because after a recruiter email, and a few others, these people never call me. Yet they reposted ad yesterday. UGHHHHH. I have emailed back and never hear that way either. Now Ive been offered another job, not as inviting...so frustrating. I know I am more than qualified, and wonder why they pass me over...
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/27/2012 :  4:30:32 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Monika, dont give up hope. People in HR are s-l-o-w to notify District Supervisors of new applicants. When I was with Crossmark, many supervisors complained they wanted the ability to advertise for new hires because openings in their divisions were taking too long to fill. I went into the Crossmark site after reading the posts to see what was available. My gosh, Ive never seen so much work available. Have you tried calling? The number is: 888.371.3779 ask for HR. Good luck
Go to Top of Page

DarlaR.
Valued Contributor

TX
USA
127 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  09:38:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There is a full time position open in my area working with Kraft foods. Would anyone have an idea what the pay might be?

Darla
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  10:28:05 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does Crossmark now represent Kraft Foods? Ive always seen local ads for direct hire postions with Kraft. In WI. they pay $10 hr and the days are LONG, start 430 a.m. and end late at night. Reps have to work weekends and holidays. Seeing ads posted quite frequently, tells me they have their problems as the reps would tend to burn out.
Go to Top of Page

Bolan747
Valued Contributor

New Albany, IN
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  5:30:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It has been a long time since I worked for Crossmark, but they use the term team to refer to a specific project and/or client. For example, if you were mechandising Kraft, you would be part of the Kraft team. You would still be working alone most of the time, but your fellow team members would be the ones doing this in stores in their territories. I don't know if that is still the way they are organized. Good company to work for, though.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/30/2012 :  6:54:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that crossmark,acosta and advantage all have different kraft projects.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  05:36:42 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelly, thats great news, as it means the hardest part of the job would be limited. Direct hire people are in some cases,are responsible for unloading the truck,loading product on 4-wheel carts and hauling to sales floor, building displays,stock shelves, rotations, removal of OD/damaged. Crossmark does still have a starting pay of $10 hr though for most teams.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  06:12:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes i have never known Crossmark to start someone out at more than 10.50 hr.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  11:27:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thats not true. Without going into details, there are some teams or units that make more that amount per hour. I work w/Crossmark. M
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  11:52:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
When hired as an employee by a company that hires remote workers, you will find that wages and increases will vary from state to state and from locality to locality.

The only way to find out if they will pay you a wage that you feel is fair is to apply and eventually speak to a recruiter. You can't go by what another employee says in terms of wages.

Likewise, always remember that one person's overall experience with a company may very well be different from another's, depending on their supervisor. A supervisor's ability to do his/her job properly can mean the difference between a good experience and a bad experience on the worker's part with any national company like this one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums