Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  4:52:41 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maria is correct, and I stand corrected. In many cases, it depends on the persons location as to the rate of pay. Then I also heard there are some good paying teams in Crossmark while I was employed with them.
Larry, you too are correct. What one person experiences may well not be what another does.In this case, I was hired for the position and only found out the real low down regarding the requirements AFTER I met up with the trainer. As long as Im on a run here, I will also thank you for the posting tip regarding copy/pasting an email.
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 01/31/2012 :  5:54:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So true guys! I love working for crossmark. I should of said in my area they haven't started any of us at more than 10.50 per hr.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 02/26/2012 :  11:40:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone do the inventory data collections job with Crossmark?
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 02/27/2012 :  06:24:53 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hold the DCA position in my area and have for a long time. Hours are shorter now with new guidelines which I cant go into but there is some flexibility and variance with the different projects we deal with. The new handheld makes the job easier and faster. I have posted before about this so you may want to check out this tread for other info. HTH M
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
563 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  7:40:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is Crossmark giving yearly raises still? I was told by the recruiter that they do when i was hired,but was wondering with the recession if they really did or not? Has anyone gotten one lately?

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/02/2012 :  8:00:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you ask them for the raise? Most companies will never give you a raise if you don't ask for it. Never expect an automatic raise. It's will usually never happen.
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  12:54:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MariaMia

I hold the DCA position in my area and have for a long time. Hours are shorter now with new guidelines which I cant go into but there is some flexibility and variance with the different projects we deal with. The new handheld makes the job easier and faster. I have posted before about this so you may want to check out this tread for other info. HTH M

Thanks for the response. I was mainly asking to see if there was someone I could talk to about an opening in my area. I applied to the first ad, but then they re-listed. I figure it's something I wouldn't have a problem doing. By the way how many hours do you roughly average per week. I don't need something with a lot of hours, so if you said 20 or less that wouldn't be an issue for me.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  06:41:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kelley, I have been with Crossmark since 2004, I have been given a raise every July except one. I have not asked for them. They are given in July, so with that in mind, ask a little ahead of time and make sure you are given what is coming to you.
Go to Top of Page

HelenD

Henderson, Nevada
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  08:23:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn

What division are you in?

Helen Dobbs
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  08:48:55 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Again it depends on the division, what pay situation and location you are in. We have a variety of incentives and merit rewards so it does vary M
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  11:31:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kimberly Clark Dedicated Team
Go to Top of Page

Avery
Valued Contributor

Salida, Colorado
USA
179 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  5:21:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been working as a contractor, doing demos, for NCiM for several years now. Crossmark recently purchased NCiM and rumor has it that Crossmark will force all of us to become employees.

Has Crossmark been in the product-demonstration end of marketing prior to this? If yes, how do you feel they treat their employees?

If no, have any of you (with a lot of experience) had to go through the transition from contractor to employee? Do you feel that the process was fair? Did your pay go up, down, or stay the same?

I'm holding my breath.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  5:57:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Avery,

I have been with Crossmark awhile, and do know some stores do have demos..as for what will happen under the buyout, I cant say but if the same people are managing it maybe its good for everyone. It will be interesting to see. I have not done demos for them as I work under IC for several other companies that do demos because of the work I do for Crossmark already. HTH M
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2012 :  6:01:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, Crossmark has been doing demos for a while. In fact, it is a totally seperate division from the merchandising teams.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  05:49:13 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
MariaMia, Im very curious. You mentioned "buyout", by whom? I am not presently working for them, but did for several years before resigning. Ive thought Id go back when an opening existed in my area again.
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/10/2012 :  07:40:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Judy, I was referring to NCIM and how Crossmark bought them out as NCIM is known for doing Demos and Crossmark also has a division doing Demos for some areas but I dont know anything. Maybe 'buyout' was the wrong term but it was a purchase ( NCIM acquired by C) M
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  09:18:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Avery, I do not work for the events team, but I can give you some enlightment, Crossmark has had events teams, in WM's for three years, there some 3800 Crossmark associates supporting that. They completed over 390,000 events in 2011 and expecting more for 2012, this is in the WM's. The NCiM will be a seperate division with Crossmark, as I believe ya'll do Krogers, Kmarts, etc.. There are some 4000 empolyees and representives transitioning to Crossmark.

We are all employees, no IC's. I know that change is always scarey, but hang in there, I don't think much will change for you but the employees status, I cannot tell you anything about how your pay will change, but your supervisor and how and where you work, probably will be the same.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  10:47:01 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Maralyn

Kelley, I have been with Crossmark since 2004, I have been given a raise every July except one. I have not asked for them. They are given in July, so with that in mind, ask a little ahead of time and make sure you are given what is coming to you.

I was told when I was hired (not too long ago) that there will be no pay raises this year and there were none last year as there is a "pay freeze" in place for the "time being". (Please don't shoot the messenger ). I was also told that all employees will be informed when this "pay freeze" is lifted.

If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  10:50:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL !!!!! Larry, I was given a raise in 2011. I don't know if it has to do with what area you work in, the only year I did not get a raise was 2005.
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/11/2012 :  10:52:32 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Then maybe they just say that to everyone so that if they think you suck, they just tell you "oh, there is a pay freeze going on right now". LOL. Who knows.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.24 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums