Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  4:08:46 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
IF I had it to do over again, there is no way Id retire at 62! The sticker shot hit when the first check came. I THOUGHT having been married to someone for over ten yrs would have increased the amount I was to receive. NOT! The way they caculate it, it doesnt amount to a hill of beans. With the cost of EVERYTHING going up it isnt easy to live on a fixed income. The amount may sound good now, but wait til they deduct medicare insurance and then you have to purchase supplemental insurance and a drug program. Youll be singing a different tune then.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  4:58:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla you can now earn like 14,300 something a year if you take your SS check early at age 62. I used to be able to get the full boat at age 65 til Clinton came along (thanks Mr. multi-millionaire) and changed the years, so now I have to wait till 66. Crap. I will still have to work though. Who could possibly live on SS when you live alone? I'll just keep working til I croak. They'll find me in a store somewheres draped over a cart full of merchandising crap, clutching a call form in my dead hands. lol
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
450 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  5:55:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can collect ss at 60. Widows benefits, but I'll still keep working.
I'll be like Big Sue, They will find me keeled over in some store, with my call report in my hand. Won't be able to afford to retire.

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  6:35:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I figure i'll be in a Walmart in the middle of the aisle when i go and they'll be calling for a "cleanup" on aisle 4 but with the staff cuts in all the Walmarts no one will come to take me away! Probably just push me off to the side so they can still make the sales quota for the week.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  7:20:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The way things are going, no one can afford to retire at all IMO. I dont plan stopping work as long as I can work. As someone said, no one can afford to retire unless you have a very big nestegg with the constant increases on daily expenses ...yikes ! M
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/15/2012 :  9:30:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
As hubby says, I'd do better if they find him on aisle 13 (his lucky number) as to clean up that won't happen (gotta make daily sales!) that's why we do what we do, we have fun for the most part and will keep doing what we do, we could be doing the daily schlepp work and go into the same place everyday and listen to the same ol` crap from the same ol` poor shmucks doing what they have to just to make by, BS! do what you have to......... just remember, as hubby says "if you can't have a good day at work.....don't go".

There's been times we haven't.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MikeRMO

MO
USA
37 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  06:07:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
LOL, this thread has gone from Crosssmark to death row.
All the more reason, why I am deserving to hit the lottery.
Promise to send y'all what ya need so you won't have to
depend on your government to remain intact long enough to
send you a check each month.

MindyZ hope you and hubby found something more fun to do
today than working. If not, well Happy Birthday anyway.

Mike
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  06:22:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mindy, your hubby is right, enjoy your work. Bigsue, glad to hear it's 14300, that's more that I haven't made before.

These last few posts are not to reflect upon Crossmark, but the entire industry.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  07:54:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks all but it's hubby's B-day the ol' f@rt, yes we do enjoy our time, just did an 8 day gig up in the Frisco area, we were able to take our daughter with us (company request) got reimbursed for all expenses plus had a good time shopping with daughter and she got paid too (yes she worked to) got to sight see and showed her Frisco was not where she wants to live (way too expensive and crowded) she had fun though.

Got back and had to go to Vegas for a 1 day set, spent the night, had a quick gig in a Kohls, and stopped in state line had lunch and gambled for a couple hours and then a nice slow drive home..........
so yes we do have a good time plus we won $35.00 bucks

As to this post going away from crossmark hubby has applied to them a few times and never heard back.

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  6:35:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Send our wishes to him, since I know he's never on here.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  8:28:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I KNOW, he's here LOL! known each other 45 years married going on 37 so that's why we go to work, to have fun and argue, why do it at home??

MindyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

LarryT
Star Contributor

USA
688 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2012 :  11:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MindyZ

As to this post going away from crossmark hubby has applied to them a few times and never heard back.

Their pay is much lower than what I believe you usually expect so they would just be wasting your time anyway if they did call you. Others say they get paid respectable wages by Crossmark, but in my world, that isn't the case. My experience with Crossmark pay is not even low double digits.

Now I lay me down to sleep. I pray the Lord my soul to keep.
If I should die before I wake, at least I'm done with merchandising... for goodness sake.
Go to Top of Page

MonikaJeanne
Contributor

Bethlehem, PA
USA
89 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  07:50:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never heard back from them either. I received emails from recruiters and the hiring team; responded to all and heard nothing, and I am more than qualified.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/17/2012 :  08:08:17 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Monika, dont give up. When I worked for Crossmark my Supervisor used to complain about corporates handling of hiring, major complaint they were too slow to forward applicants info their way to fill open positions. At one time the managers posted openings for their teams, then it was changed to only HR in TX which left a good many positions shorthanded for long periods.
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  7:27:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Would anyone be able to suggest a manager I could ask about the position I mentioned before? I keep seeing the position listed, but at the same time it won't let me reapply.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/30/2012 :  8:03:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Alanda, Haven't talked with you in a while, try calling 1-469-814-1000 in Plano, Tx., explain to them what you are trying to do, this is the number to the home office. Don't know if it will help or not, it's worth a try.

Maralyn in Jonesboro
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  05:14:30 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dont want to pay long distance, call 888-371-3779
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  06:12:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Judy, I didn't have that number, much better.
Go to Top of Page

AlandaJ

Memphis, TN
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 03/31/2012 :  07:28:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you both.
Go to Top of Page

Laura_In_Az
Star Contributor

Tucson, AZ
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  9:36:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gee, Larry,
It would be helpful if you indicated your location a bit more. USA is a bit large. If you are going to negatively comment,at least tell us the area of the country you are commenting on.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums