MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 09/04/2014 :  4:45:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WendyG

I was hired 3 weeks ago and completed training 2 weeks ago for a Part Time Retail Rep position. I work only in one Walmart. I have not had any contact from my supervisor, I had to call the help line to have them send an email as well, still have not heard. Anybody else experienced this or heard of this?

You may send me an email privately if you do not want it public.

Hi Wendy, Its not unusual but its also not fair. Youre brand new and you need some supervision IMO. Did the help desk tell anything at all ? What state do you live .> PM me if you want to and most of the time there is an assistant supervisor or lead to help you out..

M
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/07/2014 :  08:28:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wendy,

If nobody from Cmark will help or you can't get ahold of anyone just go to the different dept managers and tell them you are new and you are here to do this and that etc...

Most of the time if it is not in the early AM they are glad to help you out. The good thing is that you only have that one store. Easier to get the managers to notice you because you are in the store alot.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Susan W.
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 09/09/2014 :  5:30:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Crossmark for a couple of years. I just transferred from one dedicated team to another due to drive time.

I really don't have too many complaints. I think being on a dedicated team helps.

I would be interested in knowing which teams were to be given notice. I have a feeling which one of them could be. Send me a message please.

Susan-USA
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/12/2014 :  3:21:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Susan,

Tried PM'ig you. Comes back as cannot send.

If you can please PM me and I can address your question in private.

Thank you.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

ShopperShannonZ
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 09/16/2014 :  11:52:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Crossmark for almost 2 years on the L'Oreal dedicated tem. This team has recently been deleted, so I just applied for the Samsung dedicated team in my area. Does anyone have any info on this specific team? Thanks!

Shopping South Florida
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/25/2014 :  2:37:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If I can remember you would be the dedicated rep for Samsung products in Best Buy I believe. Now I might be wrong it may be is WallyWorld as well. But your basic job would be to make sure the product is represented and inform any customers and the stores of the functions of the product. I do not know if any assisted sales are involved.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2014 :  2:45:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
FYI:

Today Crossmark just dissolved the Kimberly-Clark Team!

I knew some very good people that worked on that team.

Some how many does that make in the last few months for Crossmark four? I know this happens every so often to different companies. However from what I hearing major changes are coming and this is just the beginning. And that is scary!

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2014 :  7:08:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The work that the Dedicated Team for Kimberly Clark, was transfer to the WalMart and CRT Team. I was on the KC Team 11 years.
Go to Top of Page

EdMikes
Valued Contributor

Salt Lake City, Utah
USA
172 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  4:17:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,

To me this is the future of merchandising. It is getting very scary out there. What I am seeing is the merchandising companies not wanting to pay anything. In turn they are getting not so good service. Not saying you gave crappy service but as we all know some people are just there for a paycheck.

I honestly think alot of these companies are seeing that the bigger stores normally get the product up themselves. So they can save whatever they were going to pay to the merchandising company.

However this client may have gone to another company so we will just have to keep an eye out.

This business was always cutthroat. However it is getting really bad these days. With the economy still down and companies posting losses this may become the norm for awhile.

Ed Mikes
Go to Top of Page

MindyZ
Star Contributor

Hesperia, CA
USA
512 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2014 :  5:29:47 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The future of merchandising is up in the air, we have started focusing in different directions for our work, we still get calls from some of our old clients.....to be honest it has me worried.....both for us and our clients, there are quite a few companies that we have refused work from that are affected by this sector downturn...too big to not fail? don't know, I do know that some of the work we have turned down did not pay to "hit the off ramp" so to speak.
We'll just wait and see what happens with the merchandising industry, in the meantime I'll start working on my cooking skills.

HubbyZ

Mindy
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 09/30/2014 :  04:43:07 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
In most cases, we have turned into stock clerks........which I refuse to be. There was a time when you took owner-ship of your store, but that's a thing of the past.

But I have found a niche in the auditing and recall fields that suits me just find.

Those jobs are hard to find, I feel bless that at the age of 71 one I can still find 40 hours of work a week that I can enjoy. I have no desire to retire.
Go to Top of Page

WendyG
Star Contributor

USA
289 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2014 :  8:29:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I posted a few weeks back that I had been hired but not contacted by my supervisor to start work. I am on the Walmart retail rep team. We are dedicated to 1 Walmart but do various types of products and projects.

I did get a response back from another district supervisor because mine was on medical leave. I started working and it is my 3rd week of scheduled stores. Meanwhile keep in mind that this whole dissolving of dedicated teams is happening. (Which now makes sense in why there were trying to hire so fast for my position). Because we will probably be getting the overflow of work. They already had a test project for Loreal in select stores. I am sure Kimberly Clark products are next.

I worked for the Kimberly Clark team more than 10 years ago, this is my 4th time with Crossmark. So I know that the long term Kimberly Clark reps must have made more than the starting wage they are paying me. Because I even made more back in 2004 working for them than I do now.

I have my doubts if I am going to stick with it this time. First of all the low wage is not an incentive and I even got 80 cents more for my experience and it is still lower than 11 years ago. Secondly, the amount of printing is horrible, yes I know they pay you the 6 cents, but I printed out 95 pages today for one weeks worth of work. At that rate, my Laser Printer maintenance on my fuser and belt is going to be burned up. 6 cents does not cover the cost of fuser and belt. The other thing that gets me, is I have 8 different sales plans for projects that are 20 minutes or under. Some are even 10 minutes. So I am fixing an out of stock of lima beans for $1.80. The beans are more expensive than $1.80. I just does not make sense to me.

All it seems to me that I did, was help Crossmark make more money by offering to work for them so that they could cut out the higher paying dedicated reps and get away with paying me a lower wage to do the same work.

Wendy
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2014 :  05:57:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wendy

I cannot answer for all Dedicated Teams, but I can tell you that most of the people on the KC Team were making no more than you are.
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2014 :  4:53:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Very grateful, Crossmark moved me to a new Dedicated Team. So in turn, I will only lose one week of work.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/08/2015 :  4:21:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone starting on the new Axis program to schedule work for Walmart dedicated merchandisers?
Go to Top of Page

MariaMia
Star Contributor

Los Angeles, CA
USA
274 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2015 :  09:27:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for over 10 years for Crossmark as a DCA field auditor. My personal life has changed recently and I gave my notice with the last day being last week

I worked hard and frankly I m glad I m gone. Its a position that was getting more work and less hours I can say this now since I am done with Crossmark in this position

Good luck guys
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  06:36:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mia, like you I worked for Crossmark for many years, week before last was my last day. With all the changes, I was losing so much money on drivetime and mileage, I gave up. I feel for the people that are now being generated work by a system that sends out work by your zip code, and you never know from week to week if you have work. I had always been on a Dediciated Team, so I did not have to deal with that, but their new system of figurine you mileages is so far off you cannot afford to work for them.
Go to Top of Page

Robert A. Miller
Star Contributor

PA
USA
387 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  6:30:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine had told me that Crossmark was actually setting up routes so they would not have to pay any mileage. He figured out a way to get around it. A number of companies have tried this, only to lose all their reps. And they couldn't understand why. One would think that upper management looks at this forum board. But then again, upper management already knows everything anyway, so why bother.
Go to Top of Page

Big Sue
Star Contributor

USA
781 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2015 :  9:11:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am sure that almost none of these companies give a rat's about their field reps at all. The communication has gotten worse, the pay, the types of jobs, the lack of jobs, the expectations have increased, less time to do the work, last minute demands, no notice on jobs, no idea if you will even have work or when or what kind, less money for miles, etc. Any way that they can figure out a way not to pay you, they have implemented it. When you break down all your expenses that you are not compensated for, you are being paid peanuts. It's just not worth it at some point and it's cheaper just to stay home.

I am letting go of more merch work all the time, plan to do more of that this year and stick to assisted sales and demo work which now is more steady, much easier, pays far better and doesn't have all the hassle/drama and I am not driving all over the place for it. I used to really care about my jobs, always went over and above and did them perfectly, but from how I have been treated and under appreciated and not compensated, it's just a paycheck and I do the bare minimum now. It doesn't pay any longer to be the best employee you can be. You are treated the same as everyone else.
Go to Top of Page

April2013
Valued Contributor

USA
169 Posts

Posted - 05/18/2015 :  05:19:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can tell you the zip code routing is not working so far. Some people were swamped and others got an hour of work for the week. People were crisscrossing and there is no continuity in the stores. I have never seen this type of system work in my work life, and I have worked in other fields besides merchandising.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums