Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Arthur Silfin
Apprentice

Bethlehem, PA
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/17/2007 :  9:37:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark has the best help desk i have ever seen. Call them about help with My Info. and they will help you...they did me. They are a great company to work for; they pay regularly with no problems and pay for printing,administration,mileage and drive time. I have read most of the forums and the disgruntled people are the misinformed ones.

Arthur
Go to Top of Page

Jane Walshing
Valued Contributor

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2007 :  06:24:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Arthur, that's not necessarily true with all divisions of Crossmark. I worked for the Surge division and no they did not pay mileage. I had to ask for some money for gas reimbursement for a store far away, and they said ok then didn't pay it.

I am not misinformed nor disgruntled. Just had an experience that was different than what you posted.

Jane
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2007 :  8:47:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn,
Did you have to download Citrix?
Please advice,
Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2007 :  04:39:16 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do I give a 2 week notice to quit Cross Mark. I've been receiving alot more work with other companies. I still have trouble making the phonce call, I really hate to make. I need the courage to quit...
Mary.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

AliciaG

VA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 09/26/2007 :  1:29:00 PM  Visit AliciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm supposed to start with this company next week. So far they seem pretty good. Is there anyone else here on the Spectrum dedicated team?

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2007 :  07:56:40 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Crossmark for going on 7 years. In that time, I've worked on dedicated teams, grocery and C-stores. Presently, I am on a dedicated team, going on 4 years. In that time we have experienced changes in service time, loss of hours, gain of hours, and again losses. In each division the pay is different, and very possibly if you switch from one team to go to another the same rate of pay may not be as high. In order to get more hours, I contemplated switching teams, only to find out they paid far less than my present pay. Also, you cannot work in other divisions while working in one. When I first hired on, I did work grocery and was asked to cover a territory that serviced C-stores and was allowed. But let me tell you, talk about a confusing mess when it came to getting paid. I never knew what pay I was receiving from what division. At present, I have the greatest DM in the world! She has given me raises that I was supposed to receive from the other teams, but, didn't receive as I was transferred to another team just BEFORE it was due.
My only complaint about Crossmark is that when you sign on ,you are promised x amount of hours. You may work those hours for several months, hours may be added for a time, but then all of a sudden you experience a cutback and, lose more than half of what you originally had. As merchandisers, some of us are single, or helping support a family, and rely on our wages to pay the bills. Just when we THINK all of our ducks are in a row, they shoot the ducks and we're left to scramble up other work outside of Crossmark. In this business, it is definitely feast or fammine! It takes a toll on the nerves after so many times of losing, and then trying to make up what income was lost.
Crossmark is a very good company to work for all in all. There is the policy of time not being paid from home to the first store, but, you arrange your day by going to the closest store first to avoid losing drive time. At the end of your day you may be 50-100 miles out, and will lose only a half hour drivetime. On the team I work on we are allowed 90 minutes for service in the store. We dont have the option of entering another time if we finished earlier.
If you have the oppotunity to get in with Crossmark, I'd take it. Hopefully, you will get on a team with an excellent DM. I know there are a couple DM's that arent the greatest to work with, but they're in every company, so just do your best to get along. These people are pressured to get things done. I hope this helps some of you in your decision to apply.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

AliciaG

VA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2007 :  06:36:40 AM  Visit AliciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay I just finished my first week with this company. It's alright. All of my stores this week were Wal-Marts and I didn't really get a lot of training, just a big binder full of product info and a task list. I managed to make it out alive though.

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/08/2007 :  9:29:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn
Your husband still works for Rayovac, right. My area was cut off too. I thought it was for both Spectrum and Rayovac. I havn't gone back to the web site. To day I received a package from Rayovac seems we're still working for them. I haven't been doing the jobs since, so I'd beter check into it.
Couldn't log in...I must still be in their mailing list. What's going one any body kmow?
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Donna V
Contributor

Hannibal, MO
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  1:55:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Mary,
I was cut from the team also - and yes I received the package you are talking about. I am just going to give it to the D82 mgr next time I am in the store I serviced the most. I am still a vendor in that store for another company. These are "fixtures" that Wal-Mart can use and I just pitched the stickers.

Donna
silver certified
Hannibal, MO
Quincy, IL and surrounding areas
Go to Top of Page

AliciaG

VA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/09/2007 :  5:39:27 PM  Visit AliciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is it normal for a merch company to send newbies out with so little training? The only other company I've done this for is News America, and I got to go out and do stores with the trainer two or three times before I was left on my own. With this one they gave me a big binder and sent me on my way. However the binder does not exactly have the kind of info I need, just lots of marketing stuff about batteries. It doesn't tell me how I find and speak with three different dept managers in Wal-mart in less than 90 minutes! Today's challenge was the clip strips. In the sales/project plan there was lots of info about *where* to put them, along with a photo of some thingy that's supposed to attach to the shelf so you can hang the clipstrips from it. I (silly me) assumed that perhaps they put the more detailed instructions of how to install this thingy in the box with the strips. Nope. So I just went into toys and instead of using the thingy's I just hooked the strips into holes on the shelving. The dept manager came by and yelled at me for hanging crap all over her store but I just told her I was doing what I was told and moved on. Then tonight I was out shopping and saw one of the things properly installed and feel terrible.
Go to Top of Page

AliciaG

VA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  04:36:50 AM  Visit AliciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay, now I feel really dumb. They are definitely gonna hate me at this Walmart now. I've gone to other Walmarts and not had problems, I can find someone to talk to and they basically tell me what they want/don't want. This one I just get the run-around. I can never find dept managers, they're off, in a meeting, out to lunch, on a break, etc. And the regular managers are pretty useless. So I just go in and do as much as I can....should I not be doing anything at all then?

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

AliciaG

VA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  1:30:10 PM  Visit AliciaG's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hadn't thought of finding out where they are and going to them. That's a good idea.

I do try not to take it personally. I have been on "their" side so I can understand their aggravation to a point. But I just hate it so much when people blow me off. I would much rather be hollered at. I had one dept manager tear me a new one, then apologize profusely. But truthfully, I prefer to deal with that because at least I know what this lady's problems are so I can work toward solving them.

Alicia
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  2:18:44 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Alicia, I know exactly where your coming from. I too was handed a notebook with a ton of info and that was it. So much for training.
I see you must have stores that still allow clipstrips. My best idea is to go thru Dept.82 person. That person will give you permission as to where they can/cannot be hung. Talking with Dept 82 person, she mentioned that a competitor came in and hung clips all over. Dept.82 got fed up and wrote a note for this rep to contact her BEFORE she did any work or she would ban her from the store permanently. Do not hang anything anywhere without permission. If Crossmark gave you extra of those pkg repair stickers for items that hang on pegs, offer some to Dept.82. Odds are theyll be happy as dirt to get them as they cant get them anylonger. Make friends with this person any way you can. Work with them and if it means less strips, or less contact, whatever they desire, try it. When it comes time that you really need a favor for a project, theyll step up to the plate and be considerate of you to get that extra brownie point you need. I live in WI and found that here at least. I know from other postings that Wal-Marts are not an enjoyable place to work because of the treatment they give to Reps. So if you can get on the best side of the store, and possibly not fulfill all of Crossmarks wants, remember it is their store and they can run it any way they want. My DM was very impressed with my tactic of working with the stores and I manage to get all my required displays up. Good luck to you.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 10/10/2007 :  11:41:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I also worked with Crossmark, and I couldn't find my Dept Manager either for the longest. It doesn't matter if you can still complete your job. At times I would just leave a message with another worker or a few other workers to let the Dept Manager know I was there and I wanted to let her know.....what ever. Some do have their personal feelings towards vendors or the companies always checking on the merchandise, especially Crossmark with flagging the markdowns, or for what ever reason. Not meaning it's your fault at all, so never take it that way. Best advice was just given to you in the last two postings; You’re there to help them do the work, their way….. Yet letting them know what Crossmark is requesting with the product and getting it done too. I had the worst Dept Manager every body at Wal Mart hates her, STILL, I know because my sister is one of them……I was told the previous merchandiser before me hated going to these service calls… This Dept Manager would love to warn me that she’ll be calling my District Manager to complain ………???
“About what? I’m here to help you, I listen, remember and do as you say, I’ll just do my work away from you for now and see you when you’re feeling better.” ( got to get my time in)

Days, weeks, or next month….when ever I get over the treatment she just gave me!

I called my District Manager and explained the first time she said it.....Then I learned it was just a sentence she loved repeating.

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2007 :  11:31:35 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just heard from an associate that worked demonstrations at Wal Mart had been contacted from Cross Mark for a demonstration position. They'll be having interviews pretty soon.

While job searching I just saw an ad from Cross Mark for 'Consumer Event Representative', in store demonstrations, retail merchandiser and reset assignments, must complete any job assigned.
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  08:14:47 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Beware, very unorganized!
Go to Top of Page

Donnie G

USA
35 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  6:04:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Are you talking about CROSSMARK? If so, I also have reservations about them. Something just isn't right about them. Just can't put my finger on it.Oh well, maybe just too much Egg Nog!

Don
Go to Top of Page

Melissa-Abbe
Contributor

Vancouver, WA
USA
73 Posts

Posted - 12/18/2007 :  10:19:16 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I worked for Crossmark a few years ago, my accounts were mainly Targets and grocery stores and I serviced the HBA aisles (pain reliever, cough meds, etc). I didn't have any problems at all with them, except that they didn't pay mileage reimbursement between stores. After I gave my notice, but was still in the system, I received notice that they were going to be paying mileage. Dang it!!

BTW, I'm new to this forum, but not new to merchandising. Hi, everyone!

Melissa
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  12:12:43 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What kind of demo are you doing? Are they food samples or products?
I went to check my local Supecenter Wal Mart on these demos and there weren't any. No one was demoing, I even received a strange look from the store manager because I was dressed with my outfit, I was on way to do a demo at Foof 4 Less. I'm still in mystery.
Mary

~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Jenny41
Star Contributor

Ohio
USA
746 Posts

Posted - 12/19/2007 :  03:12:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
They are doing Sunflower demos in WalMart. Yes, they are food demos. I quit due to their unorganization and the fact that I also work for the other company that the demos were taken from at the last minute.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums