Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2008 :  4:05:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yesterday, I worked on a reset with a rep who also works for Crossmark (the job we were working yesterday was for some other company.)

There must still be plenty o' bugs . She said when she checked her schedule that morning, she was scheduled to be in 4 stores at the same time on the same day. She was so funny, I was .

Working in teams can be so fun.
Go to Top of Page

NitaMarieS

Charlotte, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  06:35:11 AM  Visit NitaMarieS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
OMG! .. it's getting worse instead of better! After yesterday I'm sooo frustrated that I'm not sure I can be 'patiet' much longer. The topping was the attitude of the field support person that I talked with last night ... grrrrrrrr

Anita Marie Sheneberger
NCiM, In Market Scheduleing Cordinator. NCiM Corp Office, Charlotte NC
Go to Top of Page

NitaMarieS

Charlotte, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2008 :  08:15:21 AM  Visit NitaMarieS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I only got through to field support last night because one of the many people that called me yesterday to confirm that I was planning on showing up for my scheduled resets, transferred me to them! I had called in early yesterday morning and waited on hold for 1/2 hr and did actually talk to someone. All week I had experienced the same problems that you did in trying to get ahold of someone, that was why I tried early in the day.

OMG! That is interesting about the cookie & craker reset, but you might want to verify that it's really true! I wouldn't be surprisedi f it is, because of the scheduled issues there have been a lot of missed resets this month. I'm scheduled for one of them this week and I'm going to be upset if I miss out on 8 hrs of work

Anita Marie Sheneberger
NCiM, In Market Scheduleing Cordinator. NCiM Corp Office, Charlotte NC
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/20/2008 :  3:13:38 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you receive the webmail regarding how well Crossmark THINKS this new scheduler is working?? When the number of scheduled tasks out numbered the completed tasks, I was amazed to see, at least to me, how poorly it was doing. But then they think this is good considering. Im thankful that this hasnt hit our team, and most likely wont affect us at all, at least thats what my Regional says. This would drive me bonkers having to check the schedule daily to see what they changed. Some man has too much time on his hands to think up all this craziness!
IF this company allowed its employee's to crossover into other team work that is available in our area, they might be able to save a ton of money, but of course, they wont do that. Have you seen the vendor signin books and noticed how many Crossmark Reps visit for various product lines? Some of the dedicated teams should be allowed to rep for more than just one product line, as long as it doesnt interfere with, or, conflict with the other. Theyd save money and most of us would be working more.
Go to Top of Page

ShopperCRevels
Trainee

Winston Salem, NC
USA
7 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  09:12:52 AM  Send ShopperCRevels an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did one of these resets recently with Crossmark and found out the last 3 the Kraft representative tried to complete were cancelled due to people not showing for the resets. I believe the Cookie and Cracker reset has gone to another company. I just picked up 2 of them with another company. I resigned from Crossmark for the very reasons everyone is posting here. I could not reach field support, they did not return my calls and was without a supervisor I had no contacts. I could not do my job well without answers to the clients questions which made me look like an idiot and I have to deal with these people on a daily basis. They were a very good company, but the changes did not work for me and the work dwindled to little or nothing since they have lost some contracts so I chose not to deal with the aggrivation. If you are checking the job boards apparently other people are doing the same since Crossmark keeps poping up.

Catherine
Merchandiser
Shopping in NC
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  11:43:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark scheduled me for 2 things yesterday a demo in one store and a reset in another. I was scheduled to do the demo before the reset so when field support called me on the 14th to make sure I can do the reset I told them No I couldn't do the reset because I have a demo to do. The guy checked my webpage and saw that I had a demo to do so he said OK. I thought he would unassign me from the reset. Yesterday morning I get a call from Amber your suppose to be in this store doing a reset you are the team lead I called her back and said I cannot do the reset I have a demo to do. I cannot be in Ohio and Indiana at the same time.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 04/22/2008 :  2:07:35 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
What a headache! I really feel for you that are going through this mess. It would aggravate me to no end if these things happened to me. Just the mere fact that you dont have anyone to contact for answers to questions is enough, but then to be expected to be in two places at once--where is their thinking.
Go to Top of Page

BrendaG

CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2008 :  2:01:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I use to get anywhere from 10 to 20 hrs a week with them now the only jobs I get are the ones that some one has unassigned them selves from and then I pick them up. I find it crazy they don't give me my regulare stores like home depot which I had to be drug tested for to do and kmart they made such a big deal on you being in the store as quickly as you could after delivery and yet they assigne these stores to some one else who have know Idea even when the product delivery is. And as for field support hey its an extra way to make money LOl just remember to ad it to your admid time you can get paid an etra 30 min at least a week by calling them. I am only getting around 3 hrs a week with them now. so I am on the hunt for new companys to work for and I have a feeling the way crossmark is messing up with their clients those clients will be looking for new companys to handle them and hopefully will need to hire new reps. Its really to bad crossmark was a great company to work for sorry to see it self destruct but thats whats happening
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2008 :  7:54:44 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Gosh Brenda, What a deal you got! I truly sympathize with you, having been on that end of the stick many times with Crossmark. Just when you think you have all the work you want or need, that's when they cutback and you end up with much less. Then the real fun begins, trying to find other companies to make up the difference lost. Have you gone into the Crossmark site and checked for other work in your area that might be available? Even if it means quiting your present position to get more hours on a different team, it might be worth it. Surge teams seem to be looking for help all over. Or, you might even inquire of your RM if she knows of other positions open with in Crossmark on a differnet team. Sometimes this works. The loss of so many hours can be devastating, since we stillhave bills that have to be paid, and no money to do it. My nerves were a total mess trying to find replacing hours, but, now, Im not as dependent on Crossmark as I once was. Life is allot better this way too. Good luck girl.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  09:59:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Brenda, you are sadly so right about this company "self-destructing." I went to help the Retail division yesterday with one of those cookie resets. Guess what, I was the only Crossmark person who showed up.

A lengthy call to Field Support revealed that they had decided to make me the Team Lead for the project, but no one had told me anything about that. I was supposed to fill out paperwork with the store manager (that I did not have) when I finished doing the reset all by my lonesome.

I called my supervisor. She did not answer her phone. I left a voice mail. She never called me back.

I have 37 years of retail experience in various capacities. So just imagine how ridiculous and frustrating a day's events would HAVE to be, for me to be literally IN TEARS by one o'clock in the afternoon?

So after a multitude of calls to Field Support, I finally got the needed paperwork faxed to the store. The manager filled it out for me.

I must have looked pretty bad by then, I think he felt sorry for me. He wrote that I did a good job. Then he told me right to my face that 'this kind of cr-- (Crossmark scheduling resets and then not showing up) is why the reps don't get any respect in the stores.'

It embarrassed me. I mean, he wasn't saying that I personally had done anything wrong, just that this company is not well thought of in their store.

Self-destructing is a very concise description of the current trend, Brenda!
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/02/2008 :  12:50:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie,
Somehow, I did not cry, but that's what happened to me. It was me and two reps from the "other" cracker/cookie company in one of the larger supercenters. I didn't even try field support. They start their day hours after mine was started. I figured it was no use. I kept thing that any minute, another Crossmark rep was going to show up. Yes, no answer at my supervisor's desk or for that matter at the receptionist's desk that day. Got a call a few days later from my supervisor about another set that was going to be in a much smaller store. He was so concerned about finding another person to help another Crossmark rep with this set. I told him based on the size of the store, one person would be fine. Still, he was concerned about finding someone else. I finally said, Look, I did one by myself why can't someone do one that's half the size. I still don't think he got what I was trying to say and I'll bet he made more calls to find a second person. I heard from the other reps that I worked with that another store some ways away had 3 Crossmark reps and a variety of other vendors helping. That crew got done in only an hour less that the 3 of us did. Go figure.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

RepSusan
Valued Contributor

USA
136 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  7:47:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wondering how the new "scheduler" program is working for anyone. The work in the stores that had been assigned to me for years is getting scooped away by someone else. I occasionally get something scheduled on my schedule for stores that belong to a friend of mine. I know it's a dog eat dog world but I'd rather call her and let her know that I have unassigned and that she should go in and claim them before someone else does. Do any of you reps feel this is working? I guess if I want to steal someone else's work, it would be working for me.

Susan
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  04:19:50 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope you all keep your profiles updated in the Crossmark site. The more experience one has in the various listed tasks, days available to work, and miles having to travel, is to my understanding, automatically assigned the work. Also, it was stated that we have to update it on a regular basis, as our availabilty changes from week to week. There will be assignments that will post during the week as they become available also, so checking your schedule daily also has to be done. The "dedicated" team I'm on still has not had to experience this new schedule mess. My RM says it is in the works tho.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  11:49:07 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
No, we don't. Our sales plans are posted the first of the month, and we have the whole month to complete. We are expected to schedule our work, and report it within 24 hours of completion. My RM said it will be a couple months yet before this scheduling mess hits us. She also said that it won't affect us much as the reps are situated in close proximity to our work, and can't be covered by someone else from a different team. Being dedicated has its' advantages and disadvantages. Advantage for sure is that the company we represent wants every store serviced, if that means a rep will travel distances to do so, she has the option to or not. If not, then anyone in close proximity to that area, can opt to take the area.The disadvantage is that we regularly see cutback in service time. I take any distant stores I can with overnights. Even if they turn out to be a one time shot, to place flyers advertising for a new rep in that area. Generally though, the travel goes on for a couple of months before someone is hired. Some new hires don't last, so I'll go back to servicing the stores again, until a new replacement is hired. The one thing that I should make note of, is that in WI we do have to travel 25-50 miles between stores, with just a couple service calls in between. A days work consists of just as many miles driven as service time in stores. Reps are very hard to find in this area also. In this city there are 3 of us, and we're all busy, if a company does advertise, if we're looking they may get a
call, and maybe not.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  2:36:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is what I wonder about: since our work has dropped to an hour a store most weeks, what are they doing with the full-time reps?

They used to take stores off of part timers when it was slow, to make sure the full timers got their 40 hours. So far I have not seen that, and there have been some REALLY slow weeks this year. (I completed a store this afternoon in 40 minutes. Broke even on gas for the day. )

Are they just paying them the 40 hours anyway?
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  4:21:09 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Our team has also experienced cutback in service hours. But the team Im on ,it may be a more reasonable explanation and wouldnt apply to yours. It was explained to us that cutback money went to pay for reps to service a new account within our team. It seems unfair that we get our hours stripped, and Crossmark takes time away from us, when the company we represent, should be adding more cash to provide the extra service to the new stores.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2008 :  6:07:54 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'd be afraid too! Since you put in close to what I do a week. IF you are dedicated I wouldnt worry allot, but otherwise, Id be sitting on pins and needles. IF there are other reps closer by, or in the same towns, they may pick up the hours, so the company saves money on drivetime and mileage paid. With other work scarce, Id be applying to anything I could find. I've been doing this, only because of gas prices, as its eating into my mileage pay bigtime. But sure enough,each time I get something lined up, it's just like Crossmark can read my mind, and cuts service back again.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  1:23:11 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, My RM told me that we on dedicated ,wont be affected much, if at all. IF there is another Rep that is on the same Team as you, but located closer to the service stores, then they may get those stores. They will not do crossovers. Dedicated means just as the word implies, other reps dont have the training to fill our positions. Those that aren't on dedicated, will, evidently be affected. Some may see an increase, while others a decrease, due to location/training/availability. Unless Crossmark changes their policy regarding crossover merchandising where we are allowed to service stores outside of our respective teams,Im not too worried. As it stands, no one can work for two teams.
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 05/17/2008 :  06:02:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The work dropped this morning for next week. I am happy to say that it has come back to almost normal, it averages almost 3 hours a store.

I am on Wal-Mart dedicated team, we still go on SalesTrak and schedule ourselves. So far nothing has changed much on that, no auto assign.

Let's hope the trend towards more work continues.
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  12:06:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope Crossmark is good with workers comp. I fell doing a reset today. I'm suppose to go to the doctor to see how bad I hurt my back. I hope I don't get stuck with the medical bill I can't afford it.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.3 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums