Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/28/2008 :  1:53:47 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you hurt yourself today, why didnt you head for the ER or get an appointment yet for today?? Also, did you call your supervisor or Crossmark and report the incident, if not, get it done ASAP...yet today if possible, don't wait until tomorrow. You wait too long to do these things it may will affect your chances of WC. Also, did you report the incident to the store manager where you performed the work? This should have been done so they can write up a report for proof if the information is requested.
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  08:23:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes I went to the doctor yesterday. I also called Crossmark and reported it to HR because I do not know who my supervisor is. I did not report it to the store but the Little Debbie vendor saw me fall.

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/29/2008 :  5:45:19 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hope you weren't injured too badly, and won't be off work for long. By any chance do you get into that store often? If so, it might not hurt to get the Little Debbie persons name, just in case. It seems that you will receive a paper that will ask alot of questions, and one might be if there were anyone that viewed the incident. Luckily, I've not had any accidents while working, but, it sure doesn't hurt to have all the bases covered.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 05/31/2008 :  05:26:31 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maralyn, After reading your post, I went in to check if our teams work has shown up yet. It hasn't. Since the team I am on doesn't require us to meet "quota's", I have no idea how this scheduler mess will affect yours. So far, we haven't seen a change. Our work is posted the first of the month, then we get the majority of the month to complete it. As far as our team is concerned, the DS said that our focus is changing, guess we'll be learning more in the next couple of weeks when we attend a "POD" meeting. IF I learn more, I'll surely post it here.
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  2:00:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
First of all, I got out of merchandising in 2002 when we left the greater D.C. area - and I know a lot of things have changed since then. Crossmark was one of my favorite companies at that time.

Back then, I would receive a box via. Fed Ex and it would have all of my plans for a 4 week cycle along with POP, etc. There was a sheet listing each store and what plans went to that store and any specific information (like if one store had to have a certain project done the first week of the cycle). I did all of my work - called it in on the IVR at night and made sure that unless there was a special reason (illness, etc) all of my projects for the month were done by the end of the third week so that my manager knew they were done and she didn't have to worry about them. (The fourth week was usually used for cleaning up stuff that didn't get done).

I just got interviewed for Crossmark today. I'm in a small town (about 55,000) and the nearest towns that would have a Walmart or similar store are 50-70 miles away. We do have a Walmart, Home Depot, HEB (grocery store) and some dollar type stores.

The job I interviewed for (and was offered) was listed on NARMS as 15+ hours per week but when I spoke to the interviewer, she spoke as though it was 5-10 hours per week. I was offered the job (at a higher rate than my other jobs I've just picked up) and am in the process of doing the paperwork.

I've now come here to read on Crossmark and I am confused. I never had a "team" before - I have no idea how that works. My position is listed as "Retail Rep - Surge". I had the impression that I would log into my site and get my assignments but I could set my own dates as long as they were done within the cycle (like my prior situation). Is this incorrect? Or are there many divisions and the "teams", etc. are part of another division?

Thanks in advance for any/all help and comments. I was really looking forward to working with Crossmark again. One thing the interviewer stressed to me (and that I was looking for) was that I would have flexibility in my assignments.

Peg

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Silver Certification zvdcro
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  2:15:11 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Welcome back...Teams are part of the Dedicated division. There are many companies that wish to have dedicated service, so that means that hiring is done for a specific product. Surge is when a rep will service a variety of stores, drug, grocery, etc., for a variety of products with a variety of tasks. Crossmark has grown and has taken on many, many companies with various contract demands. There are also Crossmark offices plastered all over, so a great variety of work is available, some hire direct from their office, but, most go through Crossmark in TX. Sometimes one is lucky enough to see a listed position that you'd contact a DM directly, rather than going through the rig-a-ma-role at TX. In any case, if you find you arent happy in one division be sure to ask you DM/RM if another division might have openings. The only negative Ive heard about "surge" is that the hours arent gauranteed, you could work more or even less than you desire, it depends on the availability of work. Others may have more info.
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/02/2008 :  3:22:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you very much - it sounds like Surge was exactly what I was wanting - and also what I did a few years ago (my hours varied every month - sometimes I might have 30 hours for the month and other times I might have 60 hours).

One question for those who work in surge - am I correct that I will get to schedule my own assignments? From the way the recruiter talked, it sounded like I could because I would log in to see what was assigned to me and what the deadlines were.

Peg

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/05/2008 :  06:59:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, I have my login for the website and have watched the video but the test was not downloaded yet for me - so Field Support is requesting it and I should have it tomorrow. I just got done emailing my new DM to introduce myself and let her know of my experience, etc. I am hoping we don't have to wait until we can meet for training in order for me to get to work - I have four years experience merchandising - 2 years w/ Crossmark (2000-2002) as a Surge employee.

I am wondering - for Surge emmployees - if I remember right the recruiter said we have two week cycles. When does the next cycle start? I'm trying to figure out how much time I'll have to get my store(s) and projects done once they get on the website.

Also - if I understand the video correctly - Crossmark will reimburse me for printing off my assignments - is that correct? How much do they pay per page?

Thanks in advance for your responses!

Peg

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:48:28 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Oh yes, they sure pay for printing your work. But, you are only allowed to print out one set for one store, if all the stores you service are the same. If you service others stores, then you can print out one copy for those, if the questions are different. You are expected to put your answers on a special sheet which indicates numerically which answer best describes task done with the question asked. I dont work surge, but we are also paid administrative time-time to input all the information, drivetime and mileage. If you have merchandising experience, you will get some training, mainly, how to access their system and possibly a work with at a store or two. You may not be able to work until this meeting/training session takes place.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/06/2008 :  1:50:49 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Cycles begin the first week of each month and then the second cycle begins the third week until the end of the month with an ending date for all input of remaining work.
Go to Top of Page

NitaMarieS

Charlotte, NC
USA
29 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  06:45:05 AM  Visit NitaMarieS's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Peg, yes a lot has changed in Surge since 2002 ...
You do get paid per page you print. You can print off a Sales Letter for each of your stores, but you should only print off one set of each the project files. The pay is 6 cents per sheet. You also get paid for drive times between stores, not from your home or to your home at the end of the day. You get milage that effective 6/15 will be a whopping 30 , but they said that is only temporary while the gas prices are sooo high ... but then the gas prices will never go back down to what we so fondly remember ..

The cycles vary per project. Some have to be done within the month, some within the week and some within a couple of weeks. The start and end dates are associated with each project. Just watch your scheduling and you can usually get all of the work done for each store, with 1 or 2 trips per month.

The DM/RM has very limited ability to assign or unassign work any more, it will be rare to even talk with them but that will depend on who your DM/RM is.
You will be auto assigned tasks, but be sure and see what is still open and assign yourself if there is work avaialable .. the additional work is usually based on what others have unassigned. The auto assign system "punishes" you if you unassign too much work. The punishment is less auto assigned work. There is a big push on right now to keep people from unassigning themselves from projects. Also, people are starting to 'hord' projects .. which means that they are assigning them selves to everything and scheduling the visit dates as far out in the period as they can, so that auto assigner will give them more work. Be sure and keep you "My Avaliablity" updated, because auto assigner goes off of that. The more flexable you are, the more work you will get.
Be prepared to accept projects at all kinds of stores, there is no longer a "grocery" division or a "Mass" division, etc .. you could get work at a hardware store, a drug store and a grocery store and you can get assigned Reset work as that is no longer a seperate team, either. The only seperation that I know of at this time is the Dedicated teams.
There are a lot of openings at Crossmark right now because most of us are looking or accepting jobs elsewhere due to the reduction of our workloads as a result of the auto assigner.

Anita Marie Sheneberger
NCiM, In Market Scheduleing Cordinator. NCiM Corp Office, Charlotte NC
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  09:53:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nita,

Thanks for your post - it was very helpful.

I'm not sure if I'm lucky or not - but I'm in the only Crossmark rep within about 100 miles. I'm 3 hours west of San Antonio and my manager said that this is the first time she's had a rep in my town. She did have someone who did a route of shops and hit this town but with the new scheduling thing - I guess this person can't do the shops if they get someone local?

I will be getting all of the stores for this town - and most likely for the next closest town which is 50 miles away.

I am looking forward to working with Crossmark again...I have my "work with" training on Thursday with my DM.

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  1:04:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know if they are hiring in the Lafayette, IN area? I have applied, but can't find any.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  6:52:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
https://crossmark.recruitmax.com//main/careerportal/Job_List.cfm?szSearchType=Advanced

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  7:02:38 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina, thanks alot. I checked the first page, but there was a "temporary" problem. I will check later.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  7:07:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just go to the career link and you can break it down by state.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  7:12:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
got it. I don't know how I get by without this forum. Everyone is SO helpful. I have given out the website to others.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  7:13:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did you get my email?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  05:31:13 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Marla, Also try typing in the area you desire to work in by zip or city. I went in for the heck of it, didnt see anything for my area under the selections, so did a zip search and several positions popped up. Another little tip, some of the DMs are not happy with the way the recruiter works at Crossmark, so do not list their positions they have open. If you know of a Crossmark rep that services stores in your area, ask them to contact their DM and inquire of any open positions. They have knowledge of DMs that might have something opening up. I did this and got a few choices, but also was forewarned about the type of person this DM was to work for, further helping me decide if I wanted to take a position. Also, the majority of stores have Crossmark reps, so check the login books, and possibly leave a note attached to their pages. There are a variety of divisions to Crossmark serving 100's of products, so you might just fall into something. Good luck.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  05:41:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks, I had noticed that the Crossmark page had not been signed in for quite awhile.

Marla
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums