Previous Page | Next Page

Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 33

Jim Brown

Pine City, NY
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  5:03:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A clarification on mileage and drive time.
I work regularly part time as a Retail rep--Wal-mart division. In our division,at least, we get paid mileage to the first store and from the last store that EXCEEDS 45 miles or 1 hour. ie: if I drive 60 miles to or from a store, I only get paid for the 15 miles over the base. Same on time. Only what is over 1 hour is paid. I do get full mileage and drive time between stores. Hopefully your division does the same. Good luck and have fun.

Jim & Barb Brown
Doing Demos, Merchandising, and Resets in the Southern Tier of NY and the Northern Tier of Pa.
Go to Top of Page

PegF of TX
Valued Contributor

Del Rio, TX
USA
105 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  8:01:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was thinking Crossmark paid weekly but for the life of me - I can't find a link on the website to a payroll calendar. Am I missing something obvious?

I'm printing up this information on all of my companies I work for and I just can't seem to find it on Crossmark's site.

Peg Flint
Shopping & Merchandising
Silver Certification zvdcro
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

Eau Claire, WI. 54703-1729
USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  04:42:56 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark does pay weekly, gotta love it if you have enough work each week to get one.
Go to Top of Page

Jim Brown

Pine City, NY
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2008 :  04:43:25 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, they pull your time on Monday and mail a check or do a DD on Friday of each week.

Jim & Barb Brown
Doing Demos, Merchandising, and Resets in the Southern Tier of NY and the Northern Tier of Pa.
Go to Top of Page

BrendaG

CA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  1:20:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
well its still not any better for me I hope the rest of you are getting assigned stores I still do not get any work assigned to me I only pick up a little by searching stores near me this week I got a whole 90 minutes whoowho I spoke to field support no help there I said I feel like I have been fired but someone forgot to tell me. I have been in my regular weekly stores working for other companies and they ask if I'm there for crossmark because nobody's been in since my last visit and these stores are supposed to be weekly visit to stock product, And then when I do pick up one of these stores its a nightmare to get it done because nobody has checked for outdated product and the stores don't stock like there suppose to my home depot had 18 boxes of candy back stock the last time I went in. who knows what I'll find if I ever get in there again. same with kmart I spent the time just pulling out of dates and still did not finish with some over time put on. I have been applying for other jobs but so far nothing has really come thru I'll just keep looking tho thank goodness for my other 4 company's thanks for listening I just need to vent
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda49

Dothan, AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 06/19/2008 :  6:10:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Crossmark's new auto assigning system has produced major problems.
Many stores are not receiving regular store calls. Reps that previously worked 20-25 hours weekly are now getting 3-5 hours.
Many reps are ignoring Crossmark;refusing to unassign and/or complete assignments.Supervisors literally are begging reps to attend store sets.It will not get any better; spinning a wheel to select a rep per an assignment is ridiculous. What is more ridiculous is sending 3 reps to Jackson from Marta approx 50 miles one way to do 1 45 minute project each. That is $90 mileage, $65 Drivetime, and $30 In-Store time (Total $185) for 135 minutes of billable time. Multiply this by 100/200. Crossmark has been #1 for 100 years--I pray they can fix this mess--I have proudly represented them for many years.
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2008 :  1:37:37 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
This whole thread would be a great asset for Crossmark to read. When the new scheduling first began, we as reps, worried how it would pan out. Now that it's been activated, and time has past to get an idea how "wonderfully lousy" it works, the guy that had too much time on his hands to think up this STUPID reporting system, should get demoted! The survey to show how well its working is something fictional, the numbers of tasks done, vesus those incomplete, have to be adjusted to make it look great.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  01:49:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
This company is advertising for a full time merchandiser for my area, it seems to be some thing new....hadn't seen it here before. They did have part timers to service different products for different locations...I worked for them servicing Wal Marts a few hrs a week..I had met another merchandising working for them servicing Rite Aid......until we told each other what we were being paid........what a difference......new rate of pay compared to the old....with out a raise after 5 yrs of service.

Mary

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 07/02/2008 :  04:46:05 AM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unless, you have a DM thats on the ball, dont count on getting a raise, unless you ask for one. I too, didnt receive a raise for a period, but was aware I was to receive them. When I joined a new dedicated team, I brought the fact up that I hadnt received any raises that were promised. My new DM got on the horn and made sure I got my raises. It was my understanding that after 6 months employment youd receive a raise, there after every year on your anniversary date. If you havent received any raises, contact your DM explain youve worked x time without a raise and see if she can get one for you.
Go to Top of Page

TeresaW
Contributor

Pace, FL
USA
83 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  11:39:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
does anyone know who the regional or district manager for the panhandle is? I would appreciate their contact information if you have. you can email me with it if you dont want to post the info on here
thank you

Teresa
Go to Top of Page

Rhonda49

Dothan, AL
USA
15 Posts

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  4:57:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
John Moore is the Regional DM

Rhonda
Go to Top of Page

Shel7296
Contributor

Wapakoneta, Ohio
USA
64 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2008 :  09:37:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was scheduled to do a reset today. The woman they have as a team lead I have worked with her before and she is terrible and I don't know why Crossmark would have her as a team lead. My first reset I did it was suppose to be with her and and another girl. The reset was suppose to start at 8am. I was the only person who showed up at 8. The woman they had as a team lead showed up at 8:30 and the other girl showed up at 9 . Then there was another reset at a Rays. It was a major reset merchandisers from other companies where there and again the reset was suppose to start at 8am. This woman that Crossmark has as a team lead was suppose to be there to train me that is what my DM wanted her to do. I was there at 8am the client had me work with a woman from Advantage Sales and Marketing. 40 minutes after 8 this woman ( the one Crossmark has as a team lead) shows up she comes up to me and says I'm suppose to train you well the client who was in charge of the reset told me to say with the woman from Advantage so that is what I did. The client isn't going to allow me to wait on this woman for 40 minutes.. I had other problems with the woman too. . What crossmark sees in her is news to me

Shelly
Go to Top of Page

JudyK
Star Contributor

USA
1349 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  1:31:59 PM  Send JudyK an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The "dedicated" team I work on has once again cutback on hours. Is anyone else experiencing these constant changes?? While cutting hours, they also expect more of you. I have gotten to a point that it seems wiser to quit, than to continue on this endless rollercoaster. On this team, I USED to have 60 plus hours a month, plus as many drivetime hours. NOW, after having cutbacks over and over again, I am down to less than 17 hours service and about 20 hours in drivetime. Is there such a thing as a team that isnt experiencing cutbacks over and over?????
Go to Top of Page

JulieShops
Valued Contributor

Benwood, West Virginia
USA
174 Posts

Posted - 08/13/2008 :  10:11:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone on a dedicated team get their yearly performance review/raise for this year?

Mine should have been a month ago, and my supervisor has not contacted me about it at all.
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  06:40:30 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
What is a surg?

Tina
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  06:42:04 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Julie, remind you RM, they don't keep up with hire in dates.

As for in-store time and drive time, I have always been told that drive time could not exceed in-store time. I travel over 600 miles a week, and drive time is about 2/3rds of my in-store time. We were told that it should not be more than 22 percent, but there is no way I can meet that.

Our in-store time was cut by 1/2 so that they could take that money for a 4 day national meeting, never mind that out of 39 people only 11 are going on my team. I fumed over that one.

SURGE Expanded or increased need for a reset due to a new item initiative. There are surge teams,
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  08:14:39 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
A friend was hired today to work 3 walmarts in the diaper department. When they sent her paperwork it said she was a surge. The person who hired her told her that they were her stores etc. She is new to merchandising and asked me about this. When I was with Archwy (couple years ago) we had a surge that did fill in work when the regular rep was not able to. With crossmark they said she was the regular rep.

Tina
Go to Top of Page

KristieLeigh

Felton, DE
USA
45 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  09:08:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know about the merchandising floral plant items that Crossmark is doing?
Thanks!
Kristie

Kristie Leigh
Go to Top of Page

Maralyn
Star Contributor

USA
626 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  12:21:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Tina, I am a Retail Sales Rep. for the Kimberly Clark Dedicated Team in the Walmarts, Walmart is all we do. If I look at my profile, it says Surge, because we do new item cut ins. But diapers is only a part of what we do, we also work and sell in, Paper, Over the Counter, HBA, Automovite, Shoes, Paint, 82. Is this the Team your friend is on?
Go to Top of Page

TinaKing
Star Contributor

USA
367 Posts

Posted - 08/14/2008 :  12:31:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I asked her if they said anything about a dedicated team. She said all they said on phone was that she would be in the diaper dept. and cover 3 Walmarts. The work will vary week to week. He said some weeks she may not work. She said they didnt mention anything about doing other jobs outside of diapers. I worked on a dedicated team about 1 1/2 yrs ago and I had a regular schedule. She was hoping it was somthing similar to what I did. They hired her on phone, my job I had to go to 2 interviews. They did tell her that the DM in this area would contact her in the next couple days. She is not sure now if she should take it; or keep looking for something with steady hours. Do you get to work weekly? She did take the job on phone, and sent in all the required stuff, she got her papers notarized etc. But now does not want to take something that she may have to quit due to not enough work.

Tina
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 33  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.27 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums