Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  10:16:30 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received 2 complaints about an ad which is playing loud music.

The first only told me there was a frog in it. I assumed this was for Bullfrog Sun Block. I looked at all their ads and they seemed fine.

The second told me that it said "Kiss the frog, get a free ipod" which I think is from Nutech. They have a bunch of ads for an ipod, all of which I cannot see at one time. I have deactivated them as an advertiser. Hopefully I deleted the right ads. If you still get this ad, please let me know exactly what it says.

Thank you to the 2 people who complained. Without them I would not have know that these ads were appearing with sound which is not something I would agree to.

Please do let me know when you see something that does not seem right. Sponsors do sometimes change ads on us and the new version may not always be appropriate or something I would allow.

General Comment:
Please when e-mailing me (or any website) give as much details as possible. In this case, what the ad said and the size would really help me track it down. If you get an error, state what the error message was, not just that there was one.

ciao,
Ray

NatalieH
Contributor

USA
8291 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  10:24:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Ray. I almost jumped out of my skin the first time the frog ad played. It's not that I think the ad is horrible, but I could do without the sound.

(Actually, I didn't mind the frog as much as I minded that huge lady that lifted her shirt to expose her belly button. I couldn't click on anything until she was finished exposing herself. What was that ad?? Seems like it had to do with medication for IBS or something.)
Go to Top of Page

BlueAbe
Star Contributor

Mid-Central, Ohio
USA
2096 Posts

Posted - 02/06/2005 :  7:36:23 PM  Visit BlueAbe's Homepage  Send BlueAbe an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
The frog still shows up

Gold certified since the beginning. Merchandising, Mystery shopping, & Court Research throughout Mid-Central Ohio.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2005 :  10:00:45 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BlueAbe

The frog still shows up
That really does not help me track it down.

WHERE???? What size?

Please when e-mailing me (or any website) give as much details as possible. In this case, what the ad said and the size would really help me track it down.

Was it a 486x60 at the top?
Or a 120x600 on the side?

What did it say?
Go to Top of Page

KimBie
Star Contributor

USA
607 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  06:30:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Ray,

I have not seen the ad since the other day. It was an ad on the top right hand corner of the screen and not along the left hand side.

Thanks for removing it!

Kim
MSPA Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

KellyBear
Star Contributor

Fairfax, VA
USA
1198 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  1:41:45 PM  Send KellyBear an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not seen it recently, either. When I did see it, it was usually on the main page of the forum listings, in the top right corner. It was one of those interactive ads where you had to place a kiss on the frog, and it would take you to one of the, uh, "popular" complete 2392938 offers to get an i-pod page.
Go to Top of Page

Barbara N.CA
Star Contributor

San Francisco, CA
USA
2397 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2005 :  6:46:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm so glad I've never heard this, especially since I usually sleep next to my laptop, with one browser tab on Volition.com . I haven't had any dreams about frogs lately.

Barbara
MSPA Gold Shopper since June, 2003.
MSPA 2005 "Go To" Shopper
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2009 :  7:32:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
No music, but I have to say this is the most eye catching AD. How many of you had to do a double take when you first viewed it?
First time I saw it, I thought "what'd that just say?!"
Then realized there's a "t" there.

Teleflora has accomplished part of their goal of getting your attention. The other part would be to order of course. (that's actually very pretty)
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 02/08/2009 :  03:37:18 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That one is pretty good. I mainly tune out all the banners, etc. and rarely notice them.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 04/06/2009 :  10:52:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Another eye catching AD

Please..Get Invisalign..Nobody Wants To See That Smile.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  11:59:12 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Nestle Cookie ads: Those cookies are driving me crazy. I want to eat them!
Go to Top of Page

SJones
Star Contributor

USA
3121 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  12:10:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hahaha, me, too.

Susanne
MSPA Silver Certified!
Go to Top of Page

LisaOV
Star Contributor

MN
USA
2659 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  5:02:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The braces one is horrible. I hate it!!

The sounds scared the heck out of me!
Go to Top of Page

Quinn
Star Contributor

Atlanta, GA
USA
50245 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  5:23:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completely tune them out. As far as I'm concerned they aren't even there.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  6:42:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by LisaOV

The sounds scared the heck out of me!
I don't hear any sounds from any ads on Volition.
Go to Top of Page

Gayle R
Star Contributor

Eastern Shore, VA
USA
1396 Posts

Posted - 04/10/2009 :  10:15:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Me either Marie, no sounds.

Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  12:53:48 PM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was just reading the topic about Windows Vista and the last post is by someone with a Dell PC and many problems. The ad on the right side was for a Dell laptop. No correlation in why it showed up there, they are running a lot of ads on this site (selling pretty color laptops to our mostly female audience), which is what made it funny seeing it there.
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62074 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  10:58:59 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I like the screensaver AD with the elephants walking through the jungle across the top. No advertising or words unless you put your cursor on it.
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2009 :  08:40:49 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Am I the only one who thinks the SunMaid raisin ad is creepy? Good recipes, but the lady scares me.
Go to Top of Page

Jnanne
Star Contributor

LA
USA
3047 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  06:30:58 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I can't wait until the ad with the pizza caught in the braces has run its course. I am guessing it is for invisiline, but I try hard not to look at it, so am not sure. That particular ad is doing nothing to make me want to purchase the product.

I don't recall seeing the raisin ad.

Jnanne
Silver certified
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3071 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2010 :  09:23:06 AM  Visit Ray Sola's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jnanne

I can't wait until the ad with the pizza caught in the braces has run its course. I am guessing it is for invisiline, but I try hard not to look at it, so am not sure. That particular ad is doing nothing to make me want to purchase the product.
I had to go and look at it as I never see it. Those are for invisaline and are targeted at teens. There is another ad from them that is for women. I didn't think they were that bad, but I'll turn them off if people are grossed out by them.

thanks,
Ray
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.31 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums