Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

BKBerger
Valued Contributor

Porterville, CA
USA
135 Posts

Posted - 09/23/2009 :  10:06:08 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up and after 12 days where I could have about finished the shops they said I was enrolling for, I emailed and canceled. Suddenly I am getting 3 calls a day and emails telling me that a package will be here next day (I already have decals delivered by UPS). Ok, so I look and have FIVE shops.

I call and the phone person is condescending and not pleasant at all.

FIVE shops? That could equate to.... wow! $25

Not to rain on the parade for those who it appears this easy project is working for.

Brian
Go to Top of Page

ShannonMI

Lansing, Michigan
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 09/24/2009 :  4:18:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yikes! I nearly got bitten by a dog today doing this gig!

I better get my 60% for the week!!!

(At least the shop with the mean dog did take Discover! )

MSPA Gold Certified -- shopping Lansing and Metro Detroit
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 09/27/2009 :  11:36:12 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wish I could say our Stratmar experience was positive. My wife and I both applied, passed the background check and received decals. We did not get any stores. Keep getting emails about jobs and apply, then find out they are done through an outside scheduling company or were filled within. My wife was going to do some pharmacy audits awhile back but nothing as they were cancelled. We are going to call tomorrow and see if there is something wrong.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Robbie23

Hyannis, MA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  3:21:15 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi I have the opposite problem with my shops for stratmar. I have a lot
of shops to do and no stickers. They keep saying they are coming and they don't. I'm getting tired of waiting to do this. Why are they so
messed up. I have about 200 to do and only got 45 stickers. Does anyone know anyone else to talk to there?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  8:14:05 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm the new kid on the block awaiting processing and supplies.

I'm reading the training that came with my sign up packet. It indicates that the conference call will be interesting due to the questions that material raises.

I keep reading reading posts here about "60%". Is it possible to educate me what that is about without violating your contract??
I find more than just door signage listed in the kit. Does leaving materials or POP help your check in any way?
Is the door signage replacement the sole determining factor in success/failure? What if the merchant's door has tint film?
How fast are they supplying more signage? I'll be upset not to make top dollar due to a lack of supplies. When you order more, can you select the material you think you need or do you order more prepackaged kits?

Thanks.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  8:22:58 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Go to my posting on the 8th and it shows the chart for the success rate. And did you look at the training video? Or the manual is posted on the site. That tells you what is considered successful, unsuccessful, and unworkable. And what other material are you talking about that you got?
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 09/28/2009 :  8:33:18 PM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for a quick response.

The only thing I curently have is a StratMar D** Paperwork.pdf file. I understand the basics regarding the three types of visits. This material did not clearly explain the answers to my questions. I have not gotten past the employment application on the website as they are still processing my paperwork. I have not seen the video, but I will ASA they process me.

I did review Kathy's post on page 8. That is also on the NARMS job site posting.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  06:53:13 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
First of all, everyone posting here has been saying "Discover" and that is no violation of any contract. Their shipping response has been 2 to 3 days in my experience as long as you get your order email to them in a timely manner. Pay is based, and this is from my supervisor, on if the visit is successful is if you are able to talk with someone about the program. You don't have to put up the stickers if the store does not want you to. My supervisor told me to count all visits as successful if I am able to talk with someone, no matter how briefly.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  4:31:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Viajo, are you counting them as successful if they only take visa, mastercard? I was told to do those as unsuccessful. I hope I haven't been cheating myself out of money.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 09/29/2009 :  4:35:41 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yvonne

My DM said that they can be successful if the person you speak to takes the printed information or allows you to leave it and says that they will call for more information...HTH...

Lisa

PS Here is an FYI from an email to my supervisor

Yes they are Lisa.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Mon 9/28/2009 9:40 AM
To: Steve
Subject: RE: IC Payments

Steve

Now that it is past the 26th are the bonuses still in effect or no? Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

Robbie23

Hyannis, MA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  08:45:38 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Wow I was told they were not successful if you just leave the stickers
as in we take it but will have to check with the boss to see where to put the sticker. I had a whole day of shops that took the card but did not post stickers at all. I marked them as unsuccessful. This is a very confusing job. I felt like I could never get the bonuses. What is the true story? My dm just left the company. And I am waiting for a check.
I can't go out again until I get some money. Hope it comes on time.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  09:37:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone get paid yet? My check never came. Is anyone else having this problem? They used to arrive at my door on wednesday.
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  09:52:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My last check came on Friday afternoon. The emails I used to get explained that they were mailed out on Wednesdays or Tuesdays, and to wait until Friday afternoon passes to inquire. I wouldn't worry too much unless you don't get it this afternoon.

I thought "unsuccessful" was for merchants who did NOT accept Discover.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:06:02 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
As I said, the whole purpose of the job is to get merchants who accept but do not use frequently and WHO DO NOT ACCEPT Discover to accept Discover. If you are successful in getting a merchant to check into the possibility of accepting Discover, how is this not successful?

Not yelling at anyone..I'm just sitting here doing this project in the middle of the pouring rain in Marinette WI with the Friday tourist traffic heading north. ARRRRGGGHHHHH...
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:41:00 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If you don't have decals I would talk with your district manager. My instructions are to email or fax to a different person (not district manager) at Stratmar and I get my orders very, very quickly (overnight).

I have also had a great experience with this project and hope they continue to add projects
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  12:56:46 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Is anyone else having problems logging in? I was just using it and now it won't take a log in...
Go to Top of Page

Robbie23

Hyannis, MA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  3:53:43 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I waited all day to get paid and it never came. I was told it was sent
ups is that true. My DM just left. There were problems and this is my first check. I am nervous and won't go out again until I get it. Does anyone get it on Saturday. I need the money.
Go to Top of Page

Robbie23

Hyannis, MA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  4:03:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to say that I have found that it takes a long time
to report the shops after you spend a day out doing them and then
the systems just stops taking them. It may be too busy or can't handle
so many so I have had to go back in the morning to report on the rest.
This has happened more than once and when I try in the daytime thinking everyone is doing them at night it happened again. Sometimes between the routing, doing the shops and them reporting them, it can take the whole day and night. Then you don't get the bonus because half the shops are
out of business, closed for the season or don't want any signs in their window and nothing you can do to change it. So it can be frustrating. Then not to get paid on time.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  4:18:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robbie, UPS does deliver some packages on Saturday, but not everything. It needs to be marked 'ok for Saturday delivery'. Hope you get it. Did they give you a tracking number? If so, you can track it at ups.com and find out an 'expected delivery date'.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

ShannonMI

Lansing, Michigan
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  4:21:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got paid today. I usually get my check on Friday morning.

Hope you get your check soon Robbie. And you're right... it takes a while to input your shops. One time I did 25 in a day to go for the bonus and I ended up spending about two hours just inputting them!

MSPA Gold Certified -- shopping Lansing and Metro Detroit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums