Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2009 :  10:23:05 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Robbie, how many stops you have left? I wouldn't quit doing them until you get paid if you have quite a few. Especially with our deadline a few days away. You will get paid. And yes checks come saturday. And even one time I didn't get mine until the following monday. You can check the entire forum and will not find one person who just never got paid.
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  05:42:59 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Okay....I'm behind the curve here ... and very confused.

I have the PDF presentation. I watched the video and need to again.
I took the test because I was bumping the 48 hour deadline in the email. I thought something came up at the end and said I passed. I do NOT have confirmation of that to my satisfation. IMO, at least one question was coded incorrectly. My answer came straight from the PDF instructions and was still counted incorrect.
I still do not know where they covered the things on the test that I missed in training.
HOW will I know for sure that since the computer said I passed that I did? The instructions said you get two attempts. I hope that I do not need it. I would love to have a DM or somebody review my incorrect answers with me. What are the odds of that?

==========
Separately, I am supposed to get 2 zipcodes totaling about 300 merchants. Is there any way they will provide me the whole list and let me route it? I would be very unhappy being spoonfed and have to backtrack as some have posted. One zipcode wraps around the other. The best way to deal with it is to route it ss a town rather than as a zipcode by zipcode.

I see so much potential if done correctly and so much woe if not so.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

Robbie23

Hyannis, MA
USA
17 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:32:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am nervous as everything I was told by the DM who left was not true.
When she said supplies were coming they did not. Twice. And some people on here have said they did not get paid what they expected. I found it very hard to get successful shops as a lot were closed for the season or out of business and then we have conflicting information on what is a successful shop and what is not. I have done all the shops in close areas and want to see what I get paid to see if its worth it to go to
areas which will take more gas since I don't think I'll see a bonus. I wonder why they are telling us different stories on what is successful and what is not. Also has anyone else got email about doing restaurants
tomorrow for a bonus? I was told we could not work on Sunday. Strange
Go to Top of Page

Jeff68005
Star Contributor

Bellevue, NE
USA
1171 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  09:44:51 AM  Send Jeff68005 an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Robbie:
You are hitting a good spot. Working 6 or 7 days was on the test. Whatever the right answer is, I received an "incorrect" for my answer.

IMO, going to restaurants on Sunday is like going in lunch hour. GOOD LUCK!!! I don't know if it is still true, but when I was younger, many good restaurants stayed closed Mondays, because they were open on the weekend. Then again, I could just be telling my age.

Jeff Hix
Serving metro Omaha, Nebraska including Bellevue, Papillion, La Vista, Ralston, Plattsmouth and Council Bluffs, Iowa.
MSPA Silver Certified - MSPA Gold Certified - NARMS Proficiency Test PASSED
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  11:30:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We ARE permitted to do visits on Sundays, it's just that many places are not open so we may not have much luck.

Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 10/03/2009 :  11:32:45 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Same goes for Saturdays...I have found during the week I really only have a window from about 11am to 4pm to get all different types of shops...also up here in the woods many restaurants are closed Mondays and some even more during the week now that the tourist season is over...
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  09:55:27 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did everyone else get their checks yet?

I haven't, and now I'm kinda worried.
Go to Top of Page

JudyH

Westfield, MA
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  12:27:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't receive my check yet either. I emailed my new District Manager and I am waiting for her reply.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  12:29:55 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like we have the same new DM. I emailed her twice about two different things and haven't gotten a response on either. Hopefully tomorrow will be the day.
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  3:58:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff68005

==========
Separately, I am supposed to get 2 zipcodes totaling about 300 merchants. Is there any way they will provide me the whole list and let me route it? I would be very unhappy being spoonfed and have to backtrack as some have posted. One zipcode wraps around the other. The best way to deal with it is to route it ss a town rather than as a zipcode by zipcode.

You will get all the jobs loaded in and you map your route.
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  4:04:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
There must have been a check issue, it wasn't here Friday for me either and that is the normal day here.

Steffanie
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/04/2009 :  5:58:37 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That makes me feel a tiny bit better...hopefully the fuss surrounding one DM leaving and a new one coming aboard threw things out of whack?
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  07:17:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Got an email from the new DM. She says if I don't get my check today, to let her know and she'll track it.
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  10:10:03 AM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I didn't receive my check either its Monday now. I only did about 5 but money is still money.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

JudyH

Westfield, MA
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  3:38:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone receive their check today??? I didn't receive mine. I hope it comes soon!!!!

Judy
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2009 :  3:50:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
After reading everything here i'm sooo glad i did not apply for a job with this company!

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page

ShannonMI

Lansing, Michigan
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  4:25:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
It sounds like a LOT is dependent on having a good DM.

I love the Central Region DM!!! Answers questions quickly, checks come on time, new zip codes are assigned soon after you ask... I love this project, but I'm sure that a change in DMs has made things difficult for others.

MSPA Gold Certified -- shopping Lansing and Metro Detroit
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  6:45:44 PM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone receive there check today. I still haven't gotten a response from my DM yet.

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2009 :  8:16:49 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The paycheck problem seems to be contained to the area(s) that have switched DM's. No problem here.

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Sheila54

GA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 10/07/2009 :  02:35:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So far my checks have been pretty much like clockwork. I have really appreciated this job, but we received an email last night telling us the national project would be ending this Sat. and the restaurant would go another week.
I'm really going to miss it. Although, someone mentioned that there may even be another phase coming up for the holidays. I think that was the DM, which has been great to work with..I have absolutely no complaints about this company.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums