Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/29/2009 :  07:45:02 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I think they will send you one zip code and when your done with that you get another set of stores. They never asked me how many days I would work, just asked if I would work a minimum of 3 days.

I was told the program would end in August, but it sounds like everyone has heard a different date.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  07:20:28 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my password this morning and logged in to take my certification test. It's a kinda long test but not too difficult. Has anyone else gotten their materials yet? So far it sounds like I'm the only one who has.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  3:02:28 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got my store list today, my DM (thanks Sue for the right terms), e-mailed them to me and I am starting tomorrow. If you would like, I can request her to come on here and answer some questions for people, she seems like a nice enough person to do that.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 04/30/2009 :  3:54:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda, that might be a good idea, of course, she might not want to see any of the negatives that can show up.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  08:27:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never heard back from anyone. Maybe if these show up again I will reapply.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  12:34:26 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I applied and then emailed Debby, her info is on the Reps thread. She is the only one that contacted me.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/01/2009 :  12:45:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I wanted to start today but my babysitter said she couldn't watch the little one this morning. So I'm starting a half day tomorrow. I was told the system wasn't ready yet, so they just sent me an excel spreadsheet and told me to e-mail every night what I completed.

So far sounds easy.
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  10:39:10 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have not received anything. I was going to call the DM today or tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  2:30:20 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I got started today. Their computer system isn't up yet though, so I had to e-mail them to let them know what I completed.
Go to Top of Page

Jerry.S

Roanoke, VA
USA
10 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  3:29:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Sue,

I have been approved and received my email with password and an email with video training today.

Was also informed in a email that my shipment was going out today.
If it is coming from Calif. it will be the end of the week or next Monday before I receive it.

All of this has happened since I first heard from them at 9:21pm on 4/24. Seems pretty quick considering what others on this post has mentioned.

Jerry
Go to Top of Page

ChristinaButts

Black Hawk, SD
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 05/04/2009 :  9:23:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my materials today and will hopefully be taking my test by tomorrow. It really seems fairly simple. I just got the phone call last week and have already gotten the materials and everything. Maybe it just depends on who your DM is as to how long it takes for them to get things going. My DM said to email her as soon as I am done with the test and she will send me my list of businesses. I was told the program ends August 31 but it depends on your area as to how long it will take to complete.

Christina
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  12:00:36 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm beginning to have a few concerns about the Discover project. It didn't take long for my background check and new hire paperwork to get processed. But the email saying everything had been processed said I would be receiving an email from the client with a password to access the website. 18 hours go by, no password, I send an email then leave voice mail with my local DM. She calls me that night, has not seen my email, but she has my password. She also says that they have been having problems with the website so not to get concerned if I can't log in.

I log in to the site and take the certification quiz, not too difficult. Then when I log in to see my assignments, nothing. Call the DM, who says I have to indicate the project name in one of the dropdown boxes. OK, why couldn't that have been mentioned somewhere in the instructions? She says I have been assigned one zip code (my home zip) and when I finish those assignments I will be given another zip to work. She also says that she will be spending most of the day Monday recruiting so she may not be available to answer the phone. Recruiting??? So that others will be hired to do my same general area??? Not a good thing, since she (and the instructions) say that I should be able to do 25-30 visits a day.

I log in again yesterday with her still on the phone with me, and there are my assignments, over 70, but no addresses and no way to print a list. She said she just found out about a link (or something, I wasn't too sure) that would allow us to export the list into a spreadsheet and print. She would be emailing "everyone" that link last night. She seems excited that I can start work next week.

As of now, 2 pm Sat, no email. I sent her an email saying I could not work the project without this link/ability to export the information.

It just seems to me that they were not ready for either the volume of work that needs to be done or the online reporting. Every time I talk to my DM there's another missing piece of the puzzle that she reveals.

Thanks for letting me vent...

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  6:33:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

I have received everything except my customer list. I was informed I would have that be today but it didn't happen. However that is OK.
This is a HUGE project and I am certain they are hitting some speed bumps.

They are not rookies at this as Sue seems to feel and I believe they are just running into tech issues that crop up. (I can understand that. Happens to me all the time) lol

They have been around since 1969, ( see link )

http://www.stratmar.com/management_team.htm

I for one will give them the benefit of the doubt as this project will keep us busy at a time that we all could use more work.

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

JerryDS

Roanoke, VA
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  7:01:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote

Sue, you are a good example of why I do not like to post on this site.

Someone always is looking to debate and argue.

Thats not me........

But you do seem to have it all under control and you know how it all fits together.

I will leave it at that and let you vent.....

Jerry
Always looking for more work.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  7:22:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did not call them rookies either, and I don't feel that Sue was arguing. This is the first time that I've dealt with this company, so the only problems I have experienced have been with the "current" Discover project. I appreciate hearing from other people who have had experiences with this project, because I can then determine if it's just me or if there are more pervasive problems/issues.

Jerry, I agree that this is a huge project. However, according to other posters, this project was first advertised several months ago, so I would expect that the "speed bumps" would be worked out by now. I would love to have this project keep me busy, however it ain't happening so far. And I'm not getting the response from my local representative that I expect, even though she seems anxious for me to start working as soon as possible. I'm willing to work with a company if they are having startup problems, but at least communicate with me and tell me what's going on. Don't promise me things and not deliver.

Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  9:17:33 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I never heard a word back. Guess my experience is not what they were looking for. Oops!! Sorry. Just a feel sorry for me moment.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2009 :  10:12:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda, you posted on 5/4 that you had gotten started with the actual work. Has anyone else actually started? Are you having any problems talking with the store personnel? How long does an average visit take?

I'm still waiting to find out how to export my customer list that shows up on the website. Has anyone else gotten any information/link/instructions on how to do this? I can't believe I"m the only one with 70+ stores that can't print out a list with addresses...yes, I can see the address when I move the cursor over one of the fields, but that doesn't do me much good overall. I'm beginning to think this is too much work/frustration for the pay, but I'll wait and see what happens next week. Good night, all!

Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  01:27:42 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started doing work for them this week. The sight is not ready to input any data yet. I don't understand how they could start project without website up and running. I kind of wonder myself is this project is worth it. For all they ask you to do on a call: push Discover (sales), peel old label off, remove old goo, clean window and then place new sticker and then input questionnaire for $5.25. I guess if they are bunched together it can be OK. Many of the addresses are duds so you only get $2.50 each for those. And the stores they are sending you to are all mom and pop stores.

The other company I work for I thought was going to get this project, but Stratmar must of really low balled there bid to get this project. I would not be surprised if it gets taken way from them if they don't become more organized soon.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Brigitte P

NY
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  07:25:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started work for this project last week but it took quite some time to get it organized. The list I received had over 90 locations on it and I wasn't about to go from one street on the west side and then across town when there could be more in the first location, it would have been a rest of time and gas. I have a full time job and other projects to do as well but my DM wanted it all to be done within one week. I'm not sure why she wanted it all done in this time period since we have till July to finish the project. After uploading the first finished projects I noticed there were another 25 locations listed, I now have to back track to some of these locations since I already did this section of town. Most of these locations take less then 10 minutes to finish but you do need to verify addresses and phone numbers. I had stated that I may be able to do other locations if I was traveling with other jobs but there is no way I would want to do this now. Make sure you take a phone book with you and map out locations, it will make your life easier.
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
464 Posts

Posted - 05/10/2009 :  4:08:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm glad they didn't hire me. It sounds like they don't know what they are doing with this job I did it last year for another company and never had any problems, all the stops were mapped out so they were close together in groups.And when you got done with one area,they gave yoy a group in same area. The other company paid a whole lot more too

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums