Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Charlie Hustle
Apprentice

Danville, California
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  2:50:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I don't know if I just got lucky but I am more than pleased with everything so far. I just started last week and yes there has been a small software hiccup but nothing major. My DM is the most enjoyable / professional person to work with. She has always followed through with all promises and always been in contact with me when needed. This Project is probably one of the easiest. I am sorry to hear that some of you have had a bad experience. I wish you all better luck in the future.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 05/11/2009 :  3:25:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Update: I did receive an email from my DM on Sunday with instructions on how to create and download a spreadsheet of my assignments. Surprisingly enough, the instructions worked! The SS was kinda ugly because it had so many columns and the text wasn't wrapped, but I worked with it to get it to where I could use it. The number of sites increased from 70 to 110, but I know that some of these are no longer valid names since I drive these streets often. Again, my question is why this procedure wasn't in the program manual to begin with.

I'm going to work this list since I've committed to do it and see how long each stop takes; already I've spent several hours reformatting the spreadsheet and mapping out routes. The locations are all in my home zip code, so there doesn't look to be a lot of driving for this group. After I finish, I'm going to calculate my hourly rate and see if it's worth it to continue.

My DM called today and we discussed the website. She said they had had some problems in the beginning because the website couldn't handle the massive amount of data that Discover had sent, but that now everything should be working. We'll see what happens when I try and enter my results later in the week.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/12/2009 :  7:16:42 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Trying to input the data on their website is such an headache. The website is slow and disorganized. The paper work to record the data is awkward to work with. For what they are paying, the hassle is just not worth it. I'm just trying to input what I have done and then cut my losses.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

ActorMichael
Valued Contributor

USA
145 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  10:16:22 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sue. I appreciate the information.

Michael
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  10:47:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hello,

This company would not accept me due to a PAST problem on my criminal record, not a felony after I was promised it would not be a big deal. I was able to find a more reputable comany that pays better and has more stores doing the same work. So for the ones that are frustrated their is better opportunities out there.
Go to Top of Page

MarlaB
Star Contributor

Attica, IN
USA
2843 Posts

Posted - 05/13/2009 :  4:08:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Maybe Sue, you need to apply for her job. Or her trainer.

Marla
Go to Top of Page

Anthony In Minnesota
Contributor

Minnesota
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2009 :  07:07:44 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sent all of my paperwork in over the course of two weeks in four or five times then I got a rejection letter by e-mail. Their is too many good jobs to have to continue to send the same thing over and over.
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  10:52:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sue, that is too funny, but sad in a way that they don't have their act together. I've been working on this project for about a month, and don't feel bad you didn't get hired. I'm waiting on my first check today. The pay schedule says we are to get paid this week for the weeks ending May 22 and 29. When I emailed my DM yesterday asking where the check was, she said they would be overnighted last night. As of now, 12:50 pm, no check, and the mail just came, and no FedEx/UPS deliveries. I hope I don't have to go chasing this payment like I do some MS checks

Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/12/2009 :  5:58:27 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
UPDATE: I did receive my check today - UPS came at 6 pm tonight.

It was $5 short according to my records, but I'm going to wait and see if it shows up on the next check.

I wasn't worried about working for a month with no pay - a lot of my merchandising jobs pay 30 days after completion.

I have finished the zip codes assigned to me, so I think I'm done with this project. None of the other zips are close to me, and they don't pay mileage.

Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  09:07:23 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My wife just picked up some calls from the NARMS listimg regarding the pharmacy project they have. Have to see how they are in terms of paying but her recruiter seemed to have it on the ball.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/15/2009 :  5:48:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received a call and I faxed them the paper work.She said she will want me to start right away. She said I will be doing 25 plus stores and I can make 100 to 150 a day. Each stores only pay 5.25 and it takes 10 to 15 minutes each. If the stores are close I guess it will be good . Do you find it is worth it? My location is 35 minutess to 40 away from home .
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  06:37:35 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
MaryKay, here's my experience. I could do about 5 visits an hour if I planned my route. They only pay $5.25 if it is a successful visit; it's $4.00 if it is not successful and $2.50 for unworkable (not there, closed, etc). See you handbook for explanations; basically if the store/business is there you get $4-5, if not, $2.50. I found for me it was worthwhile because I had over 100 stores for each zip code I was assigned, and the driving distance wasn't too bad.

My advice: plan your route to be efficient. Pay attention to the addresses because some of these may be small and not obvious. PM me if you have any questions once you get started.

Go to Top of Page

KatherineB

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  12:39:28 PM  Send KatherineB an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Russ,
I was thinking of applying for the pharmacy assignment...what is the product? I see it is a diabetes product..is it something new? There are only a few cities in my area...
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  4:14:13 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my logon and I passed the ttest.I would like to know if any one has done the discover card job and if they like it
Go to Top of Page

Sue A
Star Contributor

USA
461 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  7:16:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was talking to a merchandiser that I know today and she told me she was doing this job. She said she was almost finished with the last area she was doing and was not going to do anymore, she said it was not worth it,when you figured it out by the hour. She said by time she got done planning out the stops for a route,then adding drive time,then having to put paperwork in,etc. She said she got her check and it was short by $23 and she figured it all out, she was only making $1.96 an hour. She said this company was a real pain, that she had done this same job last year with greet america and she made money,not lost money with them.This is her

Sue A
Silver Certified
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/16/2009 :  8:45:44 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree with Sue's friend. I worked this project for about a month and did 3 different areas. The route planning was tedious, but necessary so that I could hit all the stores in one run. Plus I took it on myself to look everything up online beforehand to make sure the address was still current. It ended up that I usually made two runs anyway - to find merchants I missed the first time, go to their new address, and/or to verify that they really were not at the address given. I didn't use the form they provided to collect data, I made my own simpler one, and I could be in and out of a business in less than 5 minutes. They assign you a whole zip code to do, so the merchants are (supposedly) fairly close together, depending on the size of the zip code. The reporting was easy - I could do one store in about 30 seconds.

I didn't run the numbers to calculate my hourly rate, but I'm sure it wasn't a lot, especially in the last area where there were a lot of duds.

Do I regret doing it? No, I didn't have other work scheduled so it brought in some extra money. Would I do it again, knowing what I know now? No. HTH

Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/20/2009 :  07:20:35 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is my experience so far...I have completed 268 locations with the majority being "successful" so I should get $5.25 per stop. Well, last week I received a check for $360...no problem says my DM, it will be on the next check. So yesterday I receive a check for $130!! If I calculate that 95% of my stops have been successful, which they have, then I should have gotten paid about $1330 give or take a little but definitely not $490!!! It works out to about $1.80 or so per stop. With all of the same headaches as everyone else has mentioned...the time consuming routing, the driving as I am in Northern Wisconsin and "next door" is a 20 minute drive, not to mention the inputting of data and all the printing. I am speaking to my DM on Monday and if he can't produce a list of stops and what each one was paid then I am done.
Go to Top of Page

AuditorRuss
Star Contributor

Vacaville, California
USA
308 Posts

Posted - 06/21/2009 :  11:50:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi Katherine: Been out of town working so just got a chance to catch up over here. I am waiting for more info about the product but it has already been approved to go into the drug stores and doctor's offices so there is no selling of the product. There is a precall to the doctor's offices, which they pay for, then you go in with samples? one sheets? info or something. I am waiting for more info. Go in one week and then back again in three weeks. Hopefully, it will lead to more work if the client is happy. I know there is a conference call this week to find out more.

Russ
Go to Top of Page

Mark Staas
Valued Contributor

Newnan, GA
USA
109 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  1:46:50 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay sounds no where close to the recruitment email I just received:

StratMar rep Pat’s last two-week paycheck was for $1500—she organized her visits into 5 days each week to minimize her travel time. We’re looking for more people like Pat!!!

Soooo...we've got:
$750wk/$5.25=142.8 stores a week
142.8/5=28.56 stores a day
28.56 stores x 15min each=428 min or 7.14hrs of in store time
5 min drive time in between each=142.80min/60 equals another 2.38hrs
so...
9.5 hrs/day x 5 days x 2 = 95 hrs for $1500
$15+/hour sounds good.
BUT...28.56 stores/day to report so probably 5min each at least
So...28.5 x 5 = 142.50 min /60 = ANOTHER 2.375hrs/day.
2.375day/10 days = 23.75hrs + 95 hrs = 118.75 for $1500
Still $12.63/hr which works...
BUTTTT...
to do that many every week you would have to route really tightly each day...so let's say it takes 1hr to route the 28.56 stores x 10 days= ANOTHER 10 hours...
So now we are at 128.75hrs for $1500! and down to $11.65/hr.
BUTTT...
we forgot to include a lunch and dinner break...because after all you are going to be working 12+ hrs/day at this. God forbid that 5% of your stores are not serviceable...then that 1500 becomes...$1400 and your per hour becomes $10.87/hr. 15-20% unserviceable becomes $1100...or 8.75/hr. Need I say more??????????????
Oh yeah, forgot to mention gas. LMAO!

CLIFFNOTES:You are not going to make enough to make the headaches of this job worth it!

Mark A Staas-For ALL of your jobs on the south side of Atlanta!
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/23/2009 :  5:17:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told when I started some are making 1,000 to 1,500 every 2 wks. I am doing about 15 to 20 a day and I am beat. Going in and out in this heat is tiring. I have to drive 40 miles to get there then all my shops are really close . Do we get paid every 2 wkes and if so when is the nx pay period?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.33 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums