Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  05:36:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm sorry to hear people are having problems with this assignment, I've been working on it for 2 months now and haven't run into any problems. I work 8 to 5 on it 3 to 4 days per week, that includes drive time, planning my route and reporting. Some days I work several small towns or just all day in a larger town.

I average $130 to $160 per day. I don't see how that is low pay, I wish I could work 5 days per week on it because I don't make that much at my other merchandising job.
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyEM53

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 06/25/2009 :  1:26:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda,

Just curious. How many of your stops were successful, percentage wise? Did you have to do many return trips to speak to the manager? Also, is it easy to get the decal off the glass or do you use a special adhesive remover? I saw a product called Goo-Gone and thought it might work well. There are a lot of the zip codes in my area. Thanks!

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  05:18:51 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I would say at least 90% of my stops are successful. Also if a manager is not available you can talk to an employee.

Definitely buy goo gone, some stickers peel off really easily but others come off in pieces. You should get a list from stratmar of supplies you need.

I only do a return visit if the business is closed when I first get there, (like a dentist office closed on friday).
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  05:29:29 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Also, you don't have to peel the stickers off at every stop. Some places don't have any signs you just put up new ones or the manager doesn't want any signage up. Or they already have all new stickers.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  05:35:59 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Amanda...if they already have new stickers are we supposed to consider that stop unsuccessful then? I never did get that explained....
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 06/26/2009 :  06:46:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
If they have the new stickers and you actually talk to an employee, the visit is considered successful. Be sure to give them a brochure and a pen. It is only considered unsuccessful if they do not accept or don't want to accept DN or the manager/decision maker is not available (and you don't go back).

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  06:37:00 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have been told this will last till August. Do they have other work after that? Or is this just a season work
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  3:58:11 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I started doing this project last week. And so far so good. I am doing about 40-50 stores per day. And I am excited about the raise in pay per stop for successful visits. And the bonuses. Does anyone know when the pay peiod stops and starts? And when payday is? I sent an email asking but haven't yet received a response. Does the company pay in a timely manner?
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  4:20:04 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is what I gather from my info for pay

Payday Period
July 21 June 29 thru July 11
Aug 4 July 13 thru July 25
Aug 18 July 27 thru Aug 8
Sept 1 Aug 10 thru Aug 15

I get my checks UPS every other Friday...so far no issues. And this increase in pay is great.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  5:03:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
So paydays are on Tuesday? And you recieve a check by that Friday?
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/17/2009 :  5:06:06 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
That has been my experience for 3 pay periods so far..and it does come UPS, at least up here, not sure why.
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  4:43:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Will this en at the end of August? Will they have something different then? I am gettng to enjoy this and the pay is always on time
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/25/2009 :  5:38:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was told on Friday we will have until the end of August. I have about 500 stores left. And I know there was an additional 700 a few miles away. I am hoping that maybe they will extend the program. I will get mine done. And it would be nice to take on the additional 700. How is everything working for everone else? I was very excited to see my check was sent next day. And I am excited to see what my next check looks like with the bonuses and extra pay now. Has anyone been audited? I have not heard any feedback on the audits.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  06:37:25 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
20% of everyone's reported calls are audited per my manager. If you don't hear anything that is probably good news. I know at the beginning of the project 10 people were let go nationwide due to falsification of calls. It only takes a couple to make us all look bad.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/26/2009 :  09:20:11 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Well, thats great news. All my calls have been going good. I haven't run in to any problems. Do you do any other projects with them?
Go to Top of Page

MaryKay48
Valued Contributor

Pleasant Lake, MI
USA
117 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  04:44:56 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like this company. I hope they will have other work after Aug to. Does any one know what other projects they will have comming up.
Go to Top of Page

Sheila54

GA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  10:33:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have just signed up with this company and the Discover project. From the good reports you all are posting here, I'm excited about and looking forward to it. Can you give me any advice or tips? I know I'll be very nervous the first location I go to, so any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:04:46 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope they have more work too. I just got a bonus check today. I don't understand the complaints from earlier in the season. So far this assignment got me out of debt.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:18:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You got a bonus check today? Are they sending them seperate from our paycheck? Or are they included with our paycheck? I have been sick the last two days so I have not been able to work. I hope I am better tomorrow so I can get back out there.
Go to Top of Page

PsyJen

Albany, GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:44:22 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
totally agree! love the program and I dont have a negative thing to say....except for encountering some grumpy, rude merchants, lol. the earlier posts- well you cant please everyone. and the one person wasnt even in the program, but had plenty of negative things to say. and now we are getting paid!! glad i held out rushing my shops early on...i was hoping for a bonus program- and its awesome! the whole thing could not have come at a better time for me.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition Copyright All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.2 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums