Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  4:34:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Apparently the bonus checks come seperate. I was shocked to get it today.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  06:27:59 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I hope they have more work too. I just got a bonus check today. I don't understand the complaints from earlier in the season. So far this assignment got me out of debt.

Amanda, just because the program is working well now does NOT mean it was in the beginning! It sounds like normal on this board where someone has a good experience and "I don't understand why you are complaining" sets in...in the beginning it WAS extremely unorganized and not real well paying. You said you have worked with them for 2 months fine, but just because your experience was good does not mean it worked that way for everyone...they had major kinks to work out and it seems they have. Do you think they would have raised the pay rate if it was working for everyone?
Go to Top of Page

CariTX
Valued Contributor

Plano, TX
USA
201 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  07:16:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree with Viajo. I worked for them the first part of the project (see my earlier postings) and things were not smooth, or did they pay all that well. I am glad to hear that the project is running better now and apparently the pay has gone up. I got a notice of an incentive program the week after my work ended, and believe me, I was disappointed because I would have qualified for it! Please do not discount earlier negative postings because they were based on actual experiences with ths company.

MSPA GOLD Certified gdhls4. Happily shopping and merchandising in North Texas
Go to Top of Page

Sheila54

GA
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  08:01:50 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I'm just starting Monday for my first day with the Discover project and I'm a little nervous about what to expect. I haven't received my stuff(decals, etc) yet so I really don't have a clue what to expect.. If any of you can give me the heads up on what to expect you would make my day
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  5:44:32 PM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
The only thing I have to say about the project is to consider it carefuly if you live in a rural area.

It may be great paying if you have 50 jobs in one town & you can park your car and walk to them but if you have 3 jobs in each town and some towns are an hour drive away from you, it doesn't work out to be a good job at all.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  5:59:31 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yeah. It depends on the area. I have over 600 stores within a 10 mile radius. And there was another 700 within 15 miles. So it depends. But as for the visits. Don't be nervous. It is really easy and I have been enjoying it. The visits are quick. And if you have a lot of stores. Plan them out carefully. I find most people are happy when they see you are not selling anything. They are happy to get free, new signage.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  6:00:53 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I agree Ellen, you need to know what you're getting into. and plan your route carefully. I'm in a rural area too, so I have to make the most of my time. Right now I've got anywhere from a 1 to 2 hour drive just to get to my locations.

And I'm starting to stay overnight to save gas, because my locations are getting further away.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/29/2009 :  8:03:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Viajo,

I'm sorry if you took offense to my post, it was meant for those that didn't work the project and were complaining about pay back in April and May. I wasn't trying to discount the people who actually worked this project. Sorry that wasn't clear.

I started on May 4th and I liked to keep people updated on how it's working for me. I certainly hope it's working well for everyone.

all my checks so far have been based on the old pay scale, I have not received the raise yet. Surprisingly I did get a bonus on Tuesday and I thought I would let others know that they are sending them out.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  06:13:05 AM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks Amanda for clarifying what you meant...I was one of the people complaining at the beginning as it was not very profitable at all and I thought you were saying I was being difficult! LOL..I've noticed that to happen on these forums...someone will post about difficulties with a company and someone else, who is usually new to this wacky profession, will post about how they can't understand how anyone couldn't love it etc...
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  4:10:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, is anyone having problems with reporting today? I am trying to report and it is super slow. Is it my connection? Or are others having the same problem.
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  6:20:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I had one issue but I just shut down and restarted, it seemed ok after that.
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 07/30/2009 :  8:43:10 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was able to report all of mine easily today.
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  1:32:56 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have a question regarding the bonuses. In the case of the weekly bonus, if you qualify for the 3 consecutive weeks bonus, do you then NOT get the 1-week bonus? Is it one OR the other?

Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  6:45:47 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can qualify for the 3 weekly bonuses of $75 and then IF you qualify for all 3 you then receive the $150 bonus. Next week the 3 week count starts again.
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  3:29:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The total bonus per 3 week period is $375.
If you work 70 visits in a 6-day week you will earn a $75.00 bonus for that week.
If you work 70 visits a week for 3 consecutive weeks you will earn an additional $150.00
In the remaining 6 1/2 weeks a rep could earn a total of $825.00 in bonus money.

wk-1 $ 75
wk-2 75
wk-3 75
Add 150 ($375)
wk-4 75
wk-5 75
wk-6 75
Add 150 (another $375)
1/2wk 75 (total $825)

How long does it take to get started, they still have it posted in my area.

Unsuccessful visits are still counted as visits, and so are the unworkable visits (business closed or no longer there).

Have you had any unworkable visits and how are they proved to be closed?

Thank you Amanda312, just remember save money for your taxes at the end of this year.

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

MaryRod
Star Contributor

El Centro, CA
USA
542 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  3:54:24 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The pay for this program is as follows:
$ 5.25 - $ 8.00 for each “successful” visit (DECAL PLACED)
$ 4.00 for each “unsuccessful” visit (decal wasn’t placed)
$ 2.50 for each “unworkable” visit (business closed/no longer there)
PLUS Bonuses above posted

What I don't understand is the difference in pay for successful visit $5.25-$8.00

Which visits would make it $8.00, depending on the area?

With 520 locations in my area I could earn from $3000.00-$3500.00 with bonuses included....

I sure need this job to get the collectors off my phones messages since my hours have been cut from 10-20 hrs per week down to 2-5 hrs per week with more than one company.....

~~ Please consider the environment before printing unnecessary pages.~~
~*~Mary~*~
Go to Top of Page

Amanda312
Contributor

Alpena, MI
USA
50 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  4:30:14 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The price per visit is graded by how many you do a week. Unfortunately I can't find the e-mail that explains it. I know this project got the collector's off my case, hopefully it does the same for you.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  4:39:29 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
here is the difference in 5.25-8.00 look below. Hopefully it comes out right the way Iam typing it. Hope this helps. If not email me and I will forward the email I got. And you must meet a 60% success rate for these to be valid. And unsuccessful visits are now worth $3.00. Also wondering has anyone received more than one bonus check so far?

calls per week successful unsuccessful unworkable
80 or more------8.00---------4.00----------2.50
79 to 70--------7.75---------4.00----------2.50
69 to 60--------6.75---------4.00----------2.50
59 to 50--------6.25-------- 4.00----------2.50
49 to 40--------5.50---------4.00----------2.50
39 or less------5.25---------4.00----------2.50
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  4:47:34 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I sure wish I'd gone with my gut instinct with this job instead of reading a bunch of poo poo about it by one of the subscribers to this forum Really could have used the $$! Glad for all of you who are doing well--we sure all need it!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Kelly F.
Star Contributor

WA
USA
562 Posts

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  4:48:51 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just got sent a personal email regarding this company (from the actual company)and i was trying to figure out how it really works. I was wondering if they really only want the people who can work 5 or 6 days a week. I would love to work for them,but i also have another company or two that i do jobs every other week for 1 day a week.

Kelly,
Silver Certified.
Merchandising The Puget Sound Area and Loving it! Love what you do, do what you love!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.23 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums