Previous Page | Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

PsyJen

Albany, GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  09:54:06 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Dont mean to confuse, but I undertood that the out of business & unworkable shops are included when calculating your success rate- not just those which are workable (successful or unsucessful). so if you do 80 shops total- 48 must be successful in order to qualify for the bonus (60%). since the oob/unworkable shops are included in your overall total- you need to make sure they dont bring your percentage down because you wont qualify. this is what my DM told me.

as far as the bonus', im confused now. i have it calculated that i was paid the $75 with my reg. checks. time to email the DM again.
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  10:08:37 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Unworkables are counted. They will bring your success rate down. As stated on 8/8 just email me and I will forward you the sheet they emailed us on 7/14. For bonuses it doesn't matter. Just finish 70 calls in a week and you qualify for the bonus.
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyEM53

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  11:46:57 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Yvonnev123

Unworkables are counted. They will bring your success rate down. As stated on 8/8 just email me and I will forward you the sheet they emailed us on 7/14. For bonuses it doesn't matter. Just finish 70 calls in a week and you qualify for the bonus.

That is the way I had unterstood it too, which is why I calculated my last group at 64%. If you didn't have to count the unworkables it would be extremely unlikely to fall below the 60%.

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  12:27:53 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I am glad they don't use unworkables as that it totally out of our control and we shouldn't be penalized for bad addresses...not sure if you all received any communication from your DMs but here is a copy of the email that I received from mine on Friday...just an FYI...**edit** I am emailing my DM to ask about the unworkable question. As I stated, it would be extremely UNFAIR to calculate that as our production as we were not the ones giving out the addresses..I will let you know what he says.

Good afternoon Team!

The Discover project is going strong and you are all doing a great job out there. Because of the great work we are doing, Discover has extended the program through the end of September; (Saturday: Sept. 26th) which is WONDERFUL! Just so you know, the Central Region IS “NUMBER 1” and I want that to continue!

With that said, I want you all to know that Discover will also be adding additional merchant locations to all of us across the country thanks to all of you! Please make sure that all of your reports are up to date as there will be some types of locations that will need to be removed from your list and others will be added. I don’t want any of you to get messed up on payroll because you did not enter your reports in on time. So we will be removing some stores from your list but asking you to take on additional work for another program.

This weekend, please ensure that your list of surveys are up to date and reported so this will be a smooth transition of additions and deletions of stores.

This is also important in your attaining your Weekly & Three Week Bonuses paid correctly.

Also, just as a reminder, I will be reviewing the activity of the Daily Activity Report and if there is no activity for 7 days, I will give you one chance to increase your productivity or I will give your stores to someone who will be willing to visit and report on a timely basis.

Thank you for the hard work and dedication out there in the field. It is because of YOU that we are extending and getting additional programs.

Have a successful day and enjoy your weekend
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyEM53

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  12:50:32 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Please make sure that all of your reports are up to date as there will be some types of locations that will need to be removed from your list and others will be added. I don’t want any of you to get messed up on payroll because you did not enter your reports in on time. So we will be removing some stores from your list but asking you to take on additional work for another program.[/quote]

Thanks for posting this, it gives us a little more insight into what all is going on. I wonder if the "work for another program" is also Discover or something new. I will take all the work I can get!!

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  12:55:54 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey Viajo, email me and I will forward the handy graph they sent us. Hate to see us all blow up our DM's email boxes with the same questions over and over. I saved it all for this reason. Cause the graph clearly states that unworkables are counted into the success rate.
Go to Top of Page

Viajo
Contributor

Pickerel, WI
USA
65 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  12:59:54 PM  Send Viajo an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yvonne -- is it the one that says DFS pay structure? I have that one if so...it's just that my DM was saying that they DON'T count...***big sigh*** more confusion added to the mystery of the missing bonus checks!
Go to Top of Page

ShannonMI

Lansing, Michigan
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  3:23:01 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really hope they don't count! I'm in an economically depressed state, and there are simply lots of closed locations on my list!

MSPA Gold Certified -- shopping Lansing and Metro Detroit
Go to Top of Page

KimberlyEM53

USA
41 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  3:33:59 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Viajo

Yvonne -- is it the one that says DFS pay structure? I have that one if so...it's just that my DM was saying that they DON'T count...***big sigh*** more confusion added to the mystery of the missing bonus checks!

The unworkable, unsuccessful and successful are included in the calculation to see what rate you get per successful store. You have to have a 60% success rate or more, and then it is based on how many were successful that week to determine how much you get per successful store. The bonus checks are based on visits, successful, unsuccessful or unworkable (which are all considered visits to my knowledge). If you visited 70 stores in a week, even if five were out o business, you still get the bonus check to my knowledge. I am not sure why the bonus checks are delayed, but I have one coming that was from a week I did 82 visits. I had just a few unworkables so it never would have been below 70. I haven't received that check so the bonus check delay is just a separate issue, I think. I hope that made sense!

Kimberly
Go to Top of Page

PsyJen

Albany, GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  3:58:40 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PsyJen

....so if you do 80 shops total- 48 must be successful in order to qualify for the bonus (60%). since the oob/unworkable shops are included in your overall total- you need to make sure they dont bring your percentage down because you wont qualify.

i wanted to correct my misuse of the word 'bonus' above. i meant the above in ref to achieve the diff tiered pay levels. and 80 was just a random number...so right- 70 is the min # of all shops done to get the extra $75 bonus. sry if that confused anyone.
Go to Top of Page

Ellen Christian
Star Contributor

Castleton, VT
USA
647 Posts

Posted - 08/18/2009 :  04:11:34 AM  Visit Ellen Christian's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found the three tiers to be totally useless for me. I had only a few jobs in each town so most of my time was spent driving around from town to town. I think the most I managed to do in one day was about 20.

~*~ Ellen ~*~
Silver Certified ndkvcr
Merchandising, Demonstrating and Shopping in Rutland County, Vermont and Eastern Washington County, New York!
Go to Top of Page

Hillbilly Kathy

Mammoth Spring, AR
USA
16 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  3:32:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Here is what I just received TODAY in my email

This project entails visits to all addresses that carry Discover Cards in their business (C stores, retail, dry cleaners, gas stations, etc). You would be going in, speaking with the manager and asking to take down the old Discover decal and put up the new one at the front door location.

39 visits or less PER WEEK will be paid at $5.25 per store location. The rate goes up by 25 cents for every 10 locations more per week - up to 79 or more visits per week which are paid at $8 per visit. There are also the bonuses that I included in my original postings.

Now, if you go to the address location and they won't let you put up the new decal (very rare) you will be paid $4 for that visit.

If you go to the address location and it's out of business - you will be paid $3.00 for that visit.

At the end of the day - you will go online and pull up your location addresses and enter the outcome of every address you visited that day, and input the result. That will be how we keep track of your pay, and payments go out by check every two weeks.

You will be working as an Independent Contractor plus you will have to fill out and pass a background check. No cost to you. The paperwork takes 3-4 days to clear after you've sent it to our home office.

After the paperwork clears, you should be getting a call from a Stratmar manager in your area to discuss the areas you want to visit (which will be your territory) and that will generate an address list for you to use for your visits. Your manager will be able to tell you what cities are available for you to choose from and how many stores are in each city.

You can do your visits any day of the week EXCEPT SUNDAY.

I've attached the payment schedule with this email for you to download.

If all this is acceptable to you and you would like to be come onboard with this project, please email me back and let me know, will call you and email you the new hire paperwork for you to fill out and fax back to us.

The decals will come to your home, so please include your mailing address when responding.

A reminder of determines the outcome of a visit:
Successful:
• Merchant is open for business and you visit
and
• You have the awareness conversation
and
• The merchant is willing to accept Discover

and
• You place a piece of signage somewhere in the business

Unsuccessful:
• Merchant is open for business and you visit
and
• Merchant refuses to accept Discover for whatever reason
or
• There is a language barrier
or
• Decision maker-owner not available or HQ permission required

Unworkable:

• You attempt to visit the location
and
• Business is out of business
or
• Business is a home based business
or
• Business address is a mail drop store
or
• You are unable to locate the business at the address given
or
• It is a seasonal business not open at this time
or
• It is a business that is open by appointment only or not open during normal business hours
or
• The business no longer accepts credit cards
or
• It is a duplicate location

Kathy
Go to Top of Page

SteffanieS

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2009 :  11:19:04 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I just started this project today. I am wondering if anyone has any helpful hints about organization or record keeping.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  7:40:52 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hey, did anyone get paid this week. I am out of town but my sis who is home said ups never dropped off my check. Just wondering if this is happening to eveyone this week.
Go to Top of Page

LeighBF

PA
USA
26 Posts

Posted - 08/21/2009 :  8:11:57 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yes, I received my check via UPS on Thursday early afternoon/late morning.
Go to Top of Page

JudyH

Westfield, MA
USA
30 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  04:16:08 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I received my check early Thursday evening.

Judy
Go to Top of Page

ShannonMI

Lansing, Michigan
USA
33 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  08:22:31 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I know that today is the last day for the current pay period.

Would a check then come two weeks from now? (The first week of September?)

I promise that I've read all of my e-mails about this project, but I still get confused! Thanks for your help!

MSPA Gold Certified -- shopping Lansing and Metro Detroit
Go to Top of Page

YClayborne
Contributor

Gloucester, VA
USA
92 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  6:45:59 PM  Visit YClayborne's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
i am so excited. I am starting on Tuesday for this company. i was told by my manager Debra that they were having a 40,000 plus restaurant shops after this program. Can't wait!!!

Yolanda
Go to Top of Page

BekkiCat
Star Contributor

Charlotte, NC
USA
296 Posts

Posted - 08/22/2009 :  7:42:39 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Yolanda--how long did it take you after sending in your resume after receiving your OK to work? I'm still hopefully waiting!!

Bekki
Gold-certified
Undercover Essentials video-certified
Go to Top of Page

Yvonnev123
Contributor

Oxnard, CA
USA
74 Posts

Posted - 08/24/2009 :  12:35:23 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Did anyone ever find out when the bonuses come? Do they come already added to our checks? Or has anyone ever got another seperate bonus check besides that first time?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ฎ Copyright ฉ All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.25 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums