Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  11:50:24 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
All well and good except that most of the restaurants require a $35 purchase.

Noel
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  1:03:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chef Noel

All well and good except that most of the restaurants require a $35 purchase.
If you paid full price, a $25 cert costs $10. That $10 goes to the website.

Then you go to the restaurant and they require you spend at least $35. So, you pay your bill with the cert and $10 cash. That $10 or whatever you go over goes to the restaurant.

You get a $35+ meal for $20 plus tip. The restaurant only gets $10 and hopes you like them and will come again in the future and pay full price.

My problem with most places is trying to find $35 in food. One Mexican restaurant I went to with my wife in Prescott, AZ, we had 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 deserts and 2 coffees and just got over the $35 mark and were both about to explode from all that food.
Go to Top of Page

.Chef Noel
Inactive

Georgetown, Texas
USA
290 Posts

Posted - 03/09/2008 :  4:53:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
That's exactly what I mean. $35 in food is a lot of food.

Noel
Go to Top of Page

JenniferWilcox
Star Contributor

Oklahoma City, OK
USA
314 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2008 :  12:37:29 PM  Send JenniferWilcox an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
How do you know if the restaurant requires $35 in food purchase?
Go to Top of Page

Jen in Raleigh

Raleigh, NC
USA
42 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  09:30:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Jennifer,

When I go to my area (plug in my zip), a selection of restaurants appear. On the right side of the page, there are certain requirements listed, as well as an "Add to Cart" button.

For example, one restaurant may say:

Valid with a minimum purchase of $35 including 2 or more entrees. Excludes alcohol. 18% gratuity added. DINE IN ONLY.

Hope that helps!
Go to Top of Page

CDStewart

NC
USA
14 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  10:24:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I bought one once that had a minimum purchase on it. I went to the restaurant with 3 other people and still didn't hit the minimum purchase, so I asked if I could also get a To-Go order. We ordered something completely different that would reheat well and had dinner for the next night as well. Here is how it broke down.

$5.00 for a $25 GC
Minimum $45 purchase.

I went a little over the minimum, but only by a few cents (it was a fantastic buffet style restaurant) so, basically $45 minus the $25 GC equaled $20.00 plus the $5 I spent for the GC equaled about $25 in total for dinner for 2 nights for 4 people....not bad at all! You have to check though because some won't allow you to use if with takeout orders or other restrictions.

Crystal
Go to Top of Page

Chell
Star Contributor

GA
USA
814 Posts

Posted - 03/13/2008 :  10:24:41 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
We have a few places in our area that participate and itis always a nice treat to try something different, ecspecially in the middle of the week

Chell
Go to Top of Page

Brooke-Lynn

Bloomington, MN
USA
39 Posts

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  10:25:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
The Gift Certificates for the restaurant I want says they are sold out for this month and I should come back next month. But the sale is over then.

I see there is an option to "Give a Gift" and it looks like you get a $25 Gift Certificate good at any restaurant. Is that true? If that is how the gift works, then I can just buy a gift and use it at the place that is sold out for the month.

If they are good at any place on the list, I'm going to do the "Dinner of the Month Club" and that way I get the 70% off for the next few months.

Has anyone done the gift? How do they work?
Go to Top of Page

LDavila
Apprentice

Yonkers, NY
USA
1 Posts

Posted - 05/14/2008 :  5:01:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Does anyone have the latest code for this month ? Thanks !!

Linda
Go to Top of Page

NatalieX4
Star Contributor

Etna, Wyoming
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  07:46:19 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I was wondering...When you purchase these gift certificates, do you print them out so that you can use them immediatly, or do you have to wait for snail-mail?
Thanks

Natalie :)
Go to Top of Page

RobertD

Williamsburg, VA
USA
24 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  08:02:40 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
You can print them out right then and go to dinner. My wife and I have done that quite a bit.
Go to Top of Page

Jones10021
Contributor

New York City, NY
USA
61 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  08:23:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thank you for the post. Sounds like a great deal. However, in my area they only have GC's $3/$10 and $10/$25 not $5/$25. Too bad :(

Jennifer
Go to Top of Page

NatalieX4
Star Contributor

Etna, Wyoming
USA
305 Posts

Posted - 05/15/2008 :  10:01:05 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the help! That's great you can print them out. We travel with our job quite a bit and I would hate to buy a gift card and move away before I could use it.

Natalie :)
Go to Top of Page

ShelliHoskins
Star Contributor

Indianapolis, IN
USA
324 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  11:33:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I signed up for their email list & they send you offers all the time. Last week, I got my mom a $25 certificate for her birthday for a place she'd been wanting to try. I only paid $4 (they were giving a 60% discount). They had to have a $35 minimum purchase, but she & my step-dad will still get a good meal for $10! Can't beat it!

Shelli ;)
Go to Top of Page

AndreaGayle
Star Contributor

MD
USA
350 Posts

Posted - 07/03/2008 :  1:39:19 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I found one of our fave local restaurants here and got one for $5! Very excited. I have never used this site before. So basically it is like getting a $20 coupon? Not bad!

Andrea Gayle
Go to Top of Page

Angela7950
Contributor

Saginaw, MI
USA
59 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2008 :  12:36:41 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
• GET $25 GIFT CERTIFICATES FOR ONLY $2!
Enter Discount Code: FIRST •

This offer cannot be combined with any other discount, rebate or promotion. When redeeming a Restaurant.com Gift Certificate, these savings cannot be applied. Offer valid from Friday, August 8, 4:00AM CDT through Sunday, August 10, 2008 at 11:59PM CDT.

Blessed are those who clip coupons, for they shall be redeemed.
Go to Top of Page

CelinaR

Tulia, TX
USA
19 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2008 :  12:58:02 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in Texas, and my area, North Texas is "X"ed out. I wrote customer service and asked them this is it "X"ed out because their are none avalible at this time, or because they do not service this area. They replied back, but did not answer my question. Does anyone eles have this problem?
Go to Top of Page

Ray Sola
Volition.com Staff

Prescott, AZ
USA
3099 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  10:37:26 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CelinaR

I live in Texas, and my area, North Texas is "X"ed out.
I searched for a few Amarilo zip codes and all came back saying:

We're sorry but your results returned 0 restaurants within 30 miles of your zip code.

Keep checking every once in awhile. Tucson used to have 0 and now there are 28.
Go to Top of Page

KristinBrianne
Star Contributor

Montevallo, AL
USA
307 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2008 :  1:43:21 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I live in a small town and there aren't any listed near me, but even in the larger city about an hour away there are only a few listings. Most of them are to very expensive restaurants, though, which make nice gifts for someone's anniversary.

Kristin
Go to Top of Page

Marie In Chicago
Mega Contributor

Chicago, IL
USA
62076 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2008 :  8:17:17 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Send Three(3) $10 Restaurant GC to Family and Friends Daily Until Christmas

Enter up to three email addresses addresses of friends, neighbors, families in the military, grandparents, co-workers and working moms, and each one will receive a free $10 gift certificate. Give to those that would not otherwise make your holiday list, but most of all, give. Thank you for taking the opportunity to Feed It Forward™.

Thank you for participating in Feed It Forward™! Today and every day until December 25, you can enrich lives by giving the gift of meals and memories to friends, family and loved ones nationwide. We encourage you to return to this web site tomorrow — and every day until Christmas — and continue to Feed It Forward™.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.22 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums