Next Page

Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 31

KariC

ME
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  06:17:13 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Probably should have asked before I agreed to do the shops. I have done two shops for them, same shop but in different locations. When I look on my shop log one of the shops is there. The other, well its as if it doesn't exist. I have emailed them twice inquiring about why the shop is not listed on the log (it was done two weeks before the shop that is listed there) and so far they have not bothered to respond to my mail. Has anyone hd problems with them? Do I need to continue emailing until I get a response? Call them? What do you think?

Thanks.

Kari

ElizabethBowen
Contributor

NC
USA
87 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  06:32:34 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kari,
I would call them. Confero is in a transition stage now from utilizing their own scheduling system to moving to the Sassie system. So there may be problems that they are not aware of. I love this company and the people there. They have always been responsive to me, especially on the phone. Good luck!
Elizabeth

Elizabeth
MSPA GOLD Certified
Go to Top of Page

DanelleNC

Gastonia, NC
USA
36 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  07:55:54 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Kari-

I agree with Elizabeth. I have done several shops with Confero. Everytime I have a question I have called them and they have been extremely helpful. Once when I looked at my completed shops, one shop showed a reimbursement and another did not (both shops for the same store (different locations) and done on the same day). I called them and it was cleared up in a matter of hours. Their phone number should be on any instructions that you would have downloaded for your shops. You can listen the directory and talk with whom ever sent you your e-mail to let you know that you got your shop or you can wait until after the menu is finished and it will eventually ring to someone. Hope this helps.

Danelle

Shopping Gastonia, Lincolnton, and surrounding areas
MSPA Silver Certified #wrcrkw
Go to Top of Page

KariC

ME
USA
25 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  08:03:36 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I think you are right and it is just that one shop was before they moved to the Sassie systerm and one right after. So I am sure it will be cleared up that way. Thanks for the help.

Kari
Go to Top of Page

ShAndrews
Inactive

Inland Empire, California
USA
480 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2003 :  08:27:59 AM  Send ShAndrews an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I did two shops for Confero, and they were both on the SASSIE system and both were scheduled through Kern Scheduling.

Shannon R. Andrews
MSPA Gold Certified
Shopping the Inland Empire, Southern California
Go to Top of Page

Keith Miller
Apprentice

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  11:05:49 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I completed several shops for Confero Inc lately and all were fully within the scenario guidelines provided to me. They caused me great personal expense and mileage to complete on time. Now Confero Inc has informed me that they are not paying me for any of them because they feel I strayed outside of the guidelines of the acceptable scenario which I did not. Several emails were sent regarding this to the Vice President of Operations and the schedulers but to no avail. I am still not getting paid for these assignments I completed. I hope Confero Inc is not going to bill the client for my disqualified shops now!!! Beware of them. It was bad customer service on their part to just send me a nasty email telling me I wa not getting paid period.
Go to Top of Page

TraciD
Contributor

NC
USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  1:40:05 PM  Visit TraciD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
Keith,

It is unfortunate for us all that we could not accept your reports. The guidelines were very clear on this assignment. They stated: Your assignment consists of interacting with a client service representative. You may inquire about any of the following:

- A personal savings or checking account

- A business savings or checking account

- Money market

- Business, personal or auto loans

- Overdraft protection

- Certificate of deposits (CDs)

- Retirement accounts (IRAs)

- Holiday Clubs

We cannot accept or bill clients for shops that are not conducted according to the guidelines. Having to reject your shops put us in the situation of having to assign them to someone else to complete. When you visited the banks, you reported that: “When I sat down with the CSR I used the scenario that I was interested in taking out a home equity loan to complete work on my house.” Asking about a home equity loan was not one of the possible scenario choices given.

Here is the text of the rejection notice we sent to you. Notice that we included the specific part of the guidelines that were not followed, so you would understand the situation fully:

“You did not follow an accepted scenario for the CSR mystery shop at (name of bank). Unfortunately we cannot accept this report for processing and therefore cannot pay you for it. Your assignment consists of interacting with a client service representative. You may inquire about any of the following:

- A personal savings or checking account

- A business savings or checking account

- Money market

- Business, personal or auto loans

- Overdraft protection

- Certificate of deposits (CDs)

- Retirement accounts (IRAs)

- Holiday Clubs

Please remember to read and follow the guidelines in the future to prevent this error.”

At Confero, we sincerely value our relationships with shoppers. However, we do not pay for work that is not performed properly. It should be noted that we have given you 6 assignments to date. Two were accepted, two rejected, and two are awaiting clarifications from you, as requested by our quality review department.

Elaine Buxton

Confero, Inc.

ebuxton@conferoinc.com

800-326-3880 ext 123
Go to Top of Page

TraciD
Contributor

NC
USA
84 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  1:46:45 PM  Visit TraciD's Homepage  Reply  Reply with Quote
I do want to note that I have responded to Kari and did verify that her missing shop is most certainly on our old system. We were not able to transfer information from the old system to the Sassie system. And shoppers, please remember that we are always here to answer your questions--the tough ones or the simple ones; we do our best to give you the guidance you need to do your shops properly or help solve any payment issues that might arise. Please go to our website at www.conferoinc.com to access all of our contact information or go back to the emails you have received from us in the past as we always give you a contact name and email and often our phone numbers with extensions.

Traci Davis
Confero, Inc
Scheduling Department
tracid@conferoinc.com
1-800-447-3947 ext 177
Go to Top of Page

DawninMD

Alpharetta, GA
USA
32 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  3:44:07 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
My
Just a positive comment on Confero-I have only done a few shops for them, and have found that they pay fairly and like clockwork. They schedule shops with plenty of notice, and I like their systematic grading scale. I wish they had more in my area!

MSPA Silver Certified, and now Gold Certified as of July 31, 2004 #0obkb4
My Username remains the same, but I am now shopping North Fulton County, GA!
Go to Top of Page

LisaFromJoisey
Contributor

Ocean Gate, NJ
USA
86 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  7:28:53 PM  Send LisaFromJoisey an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Traci, at first I had to agree with you that Keith did not follow the specific guidelines, but then when I read it again I saw that he could ask about 'business, personal or auto loans'.

I've worked in a bank for 18 years; still do. I've been a lender for 5 years so I know 'a little' about loan products. At my bank, at least, we consider home equities as personal loans. As a matter of fact, in recent years, they have been the most common personal loan that we have dealt with.

By personal loan they are referring to just a personal unsecured loan.

If the bank refused the shop because they don't think that asking about a home equity loan falls into the board catagory of 'business, personal or auto loans', then they should specify what loan products they consider to be 'business, personal or auto loans'.

I wonder if they would have refused his shop if he had gone in and asked about an international letter of credit (it's a type of business loan).

MSPA Silver Certified
Shopping eastern NJ
Go to Top of Page

MaryLou
Inactive

East County / San Diego, CA
USA
915 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  9:59:30 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
At my bank, my home equity (loan) line of credit was processed through the real estate division. They needed an appraisal, etc. Different CSR's handle these transactions where I bank.

Why not pick one of the choices listed? You don't have to be creative to be a shopper. Just follow the directions.

I don't do a lot of work for Confero, but what I have done has been paid right away. Tisha and Tracy are decent, fair people. I met them at the MSPA Conference.
Go to Top of Page

AlohaMary
Contributor

Pace, Florida
USA
82 Posts

Posted - 08/05/2004 :  10:25:59 PM  Send AlohaMary an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
I love working for Confero! They are fair, and they pay quick. I would work for them in a heartbeat. This is a company that you dont have to worry about!

Silver Certified #kzbcvo
Proudly shopping the Pensacola, FL and Atlanta, GA areas....
Go to Top of Page

KimE

NY
USA
34 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  08:57:52 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Sounds like the shopper did not follow directions. A home equity loan does not fall into the allowed scenarios. Home equity loans would attach to your home as collateral. It would be a stretch to classify this as a personal loan. Should we really expect to be paid when we step outside the lines and create scenarios when they are already provided for us? Confero is an excellent company to work for, and the directions they provide for shops are clear. Additionally, they are accessible if you need them. Better luck next time.

Kim
Gold Certified
Step level 8 and trying
Shopping Long Island
Go to Top of Page

DeborahW
Star Contributor

Bellevue, WA
USA
778 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  10:25:20 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I really like Confero. Every time I have emailed them asking them to clear anything up, they have gotten back to me the same day.

MSPA Gold Certified
Specializing in hotel, restaurant and bar shops in Seattle and the Eastside since 2004
Go to Top of Page

UpstateNYKat
Star Contributor

Rochester, NY
USA
1100 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  10:40:03 AM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have to agree that Confero is a great company to work for. Early in my MS career I did several shops for them. I always received a prompt and friendly reply whenever I e-mailed a question. On one occasion I had to turn in a shop late (for the life of me I don't remember why) but they were patient with me. I also never had to chase a payment from them. I was really bummed when they stopped scheduling the shops that I was doing for them. They have some others in my area now that I would love to do but I can't take them for health reasons (wish I could because one of them is a favorite of mine).

Katrina
Part time shopper Rochester, NY
Silver Certified #junxlc
Go to Top of Page

CliffG

New York
USA
44 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2004 :  2:30:45 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have worked for Confero in their old system as well as the current SASSY. The staff is great to work with and always gives an honest feedbank and responds to your emails or questions in a prompt manor. They currently pay via PayPal that solves the smail mail issue. Over all I enjoy their jobs and find the editors fair and efficient.

Regards
Cliff G
MSPA Gold Certified 10/03
Shopping Nassau,Suffolk,NY:PA,NJ
Go to Top of Page

EstherGv

Miami, FL
USA
13 Posts

Posted - 08/08/2004 :  12:46:09 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I have done numerous airport shops for Confero. They pay quickly and I have never had a problem with them. I only wish the shops paid more...don't we all!!! The one time I did shops for them and felt the pay wasn't fair {I had to purchase food and drink with $5 bucks in a large airport....impossible!} they dropped the both food and drink requirement and now only require one or the other...certainly doable. I think the response from Confero re: the bank shop was certainly clear. Why would anyone stray from such a long list of choices that was provided in the first place? I feel they made it simple for the shopper and he only complicated his life by straying from the acceptable scenarios.
Go to Top of Page

.JeannieF_TX
Inactive

TX
USA
18 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  9:53:06 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've also found Confero to be more than fair. I recently had a heck of a time getting the confirmation sheet faxed to them... I assumed they wouldn't be able to use my shops because I did not get the sheets faxed back within the 24 hours. Instead I found them to be more than helpful and they accepted the sheets late... and still paid me on time (in fact they paid me in a shorter turn-around time than I faxed the confirmation sheets).

The directions for my shop were clear, concise, and had enough options to make the bank shop very easy to complete.

Anyhow... just wanted to add my kudos to Confero. I think they're well on their way to being one of the great MS companies as far as having pleasant and helpful office staff (and fast pay).

Jeannie in Texas
Go to Top of Page

Charles n CA
Apprentice

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 08/09/2004 :  11:44:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
Hi,

I have worked in the financial industry (small bank) for over ten (10) years and we considered "home equity" loans to be personal loans. We even advertised it as a "personal loan" for overdraft protection and emergency situations. I might have used the same scenario if I had done the shop with the guidelines given in the scenario above.

Blaming the shopper for instructions that could be interpreted more than one way is unfair in this case. The instructions should have specified "home equity" loans would not be allowed if that is what they wanted. Lines are blurred in todays markets between different types of loans today in the financial industry. The people in this forum with banking experience agree home equity loans are considered personal loans.

Final Words: A "Personal home equity loan" is considered a personal loan by my bank.

Charles n CA
Go to Top of Page

Backus

USA
47 Posts

Posted - 08/10/2004 :  4:45:55 PM  Send Backus an AOL message  Reply  Reply with Quote
Count me in with the folks who "love Confero". I have done lots of shops for them. Whenever I have any isuses with any of my shops, I call and they help me figure it out.

When they have questions for me about my reports - they email and I call and we communicate. So far we have always been able to work everything out just fine.

They are one of my favorite companies - keep up the good work.

Amy
MSPA Gold Certified
Go to Top of Page

.StephanieA
Inactive

Redmond, WA
USA
1816 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2004 :  7:11:18 PM  Reply  Reply with Quote
I've been signed up with them for some time now and I am getting the same error message on both site address listed.

Shopping WA especially, Redmond, Kirkland, Bellevue, Woodinville and from Tukwila to Lynnwood.
MSPA Gold
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 31 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Volition ® Copyright © All rights reserved. Volition is a registered trademark of Volition.com LLC. Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.8 seconds. Software © Snitz Forums